Deleted

Destruction Warlock help

Hello our guild is finally starting to head in heroic content and our warlock is just not up to scratch I'm not sure whether he is reforging wrong or doing the rotation wrong he is currently playing destruction. I don't mean to sound elitist like this, Is it possible to tell me the stat weights and a possible rotation
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...3%A4n/advanced is his Amory would be awesome if you could give some feedback
    http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-ps...one/?enc=kills this is from our last weeks guild run.

Change glove enchant to mastery, his reforging is fine. His talents could use a little work, Only use mannorths fury on aoe fights (unless they are tightly packed). Else use KJC. Casting while moving is pretty huge especially for destro since the cast times are already sort of lengthy.

From logs, it looks like he has terrible up time on immolate, it needs to be up as close as possible to 100%. He needs to make sure he is not casting chaosbolt when he has 3+ charges of backdraft. He should also pool is embers better. You want ~3 embers for each demon soul, and during this time he needs to weave an incinerate in after each cb to avoid chaosbolt dot clipping. He should also use conflag during this as to not cap 2 charges (its wasted dps to have 2/2 charges of conflag up, when it could be ticking its cooldown). He could also work on his aoe better, using aoe drain life is bad dps. He wants to use RoF, then Fire and brimestone immolate on everything, then fire and brimestone incinerates (At the same time he should be using conflag in between incinerates w/o fire and brimestone to have faster aoe incinerates) Always refresh RoF while aoeing.

Hope this helps some

Rotation for single target as requested, keeper curse of elements up, keep immolate up, use conflag as often as you can without making chaosbolt take charges. Pool embers when you have demon soul up soon and unleash chaosbolt during demon soul (and during down time in between demon souls, you never ever ever want to cap embers.) and make sure to weave incinerates in between each chaosbolt to not clip chaosbolt dots. And never never never use backlash procs on chaosbolt. Sub 20% replace chaosbolt with shadowburn (you can spam shadowburn, it doesnt have a dot so you dont have to weave incinerate)

Cleave fights, use havoc and stick to your regular rotation as if it were single target (keep immolate on both targets) he wants to use all 3 havoc charges on 1 chaos bolt. unless one of the targets is under 20% then use shadowburn

Edit: have him pick up soul leach or dark regen instead of aoe life drain. and have him drop glyph of demon soul. Pick up the glyphs of burning embers (This is nice for pulling ember phases.) and keep conflag. His 3rd glyph is pref but id suggest Glyph of siphon life as it helps with self Heals per second which can be a big deal with aoe pulse dmg encounters. He should also drop Unbound will in his 4th row talents and pick blood fear or Burning rush. Unbound will has nearly 0 uses in pve. A clutch instant fear can save a healer from an add (rages on will) or blood rush can get him to point B from point A faster (Though this is rather minute as he should have teleport circle placement out to avoid this)
    Last edited by Nekrosislol; 2013-01-23 at 08:16 AM.
    I play many games. WoW, Rift, D3, PoE, SC2 I will not criticize your game choice if you don't mine.

Deleted
    Awesome Just awesome. Hes just been really struggling to dps lately and we are going to be attempting heroic feng and gara'jal on thursday any recommendations for these fights, Ive been trying to get that silly glyph of burning embers for him just cannot find it anywhere
    But as it stands it is Int>spell hit 15% > mastery > haste> Crit

Unbound Will is fantastic on Spirit Kings (arrow), Wind Lord (amber), Empress (fear) and TsuLong, plus faster mc breaking in Vizier, so hardly 0 uses. I've yet to find place where I'd really need Burning Rush (Vizier hc? haven't been there yet). It's extremely rare to be able to clip Chaos Bolt so weaving isn't needed, esp. if it would make you loose some procs. Not sure why you wouldn't use Conflag in with FnB.

When it comes to Feng, his Demo os would be better since it offers better aoe damage and so useful there knockback, but Destro should be fine for havocing high hp add and bringing it down with shadowburns (+50% aoe slow from conflag). Garajal, Manny fury is just bonkers in spirit realm, and you can Havoc + CB one shot both tank adds, you want to send him down as often as possible.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where is lord zumzum when we need him!?!?!

Made by dubbelbasse

Deleted
    If he downloads the addon called AffDots, it could help him alot. Not having a good uptime on Immolate suggests really poor play, but if he's good enough to be in your guild, then I guess that's fine. Although you coming here asking for help, instead of him doing that, suggests that you put more effort into the game than he does and you should attempt to replace him with somebody who is willing to put that ammount of effort into the game.

That being said;
    The basic stat prio for destro is:
    Int > 15% hit > Crit >= Mastery > Haste. Therefore his gloves, wrists and weapon enchants are wrong.
    Relic of Yu'lon is also cheap nowadays and a seriously good trinket that will last him until the next tier easily.
    Glyph of Dark Soul is a DPS decrease, not having Glyph of Burning Embers is silly and using Mannoroth's Fury for anything except for Elegon (as affliction, mind you) is simply a dps decrease, really.

Deleted
    That being said;
    The basic stat prio for destro is:
    Int > 15% hit > Crit >= Mastery > Haste. Therefore his gloves, wrists and weapon enchants are wrong.
    Relic of Yu'lon is also cheap nowadays and a seriously good trinket that will last him until the next tier easily.
    Glyph of Dark Soul is a DPS decrease, not having Glyph of Burning Embers is silly and using Mannoroth's Fury for anything except for Elegon (as affliction, mind you) is simply a dps decrease, really.
    No it's Mastery > Crit > Haste.
    And Mannoroth's Fury is the best choice for half the fights of T14 :
    Best choice on Gara'jal, Elegon, Will, Un'sok, Shek'zeer, Tsulong HM, Sha of Fear.
    Also depending of your strat/raid setting :
    - Stone Guard, if you are not assigned to the tiles
    - Feng, if the adds aren't packed well
    - Garalon, if you don't kite too much
    - Protectors Normal, depending of the placement of the three targets
    Last edited by mmoc8b57eca00f; 2013-01-23 at 01:21 PM.

RoF is so good at generating embers that Mannoroth's Fury is a game changer on some fights. Plus, I'm not developing all these bad movement habits that will kill me when they take KJC away from us.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Grizelda View Post
    RoF is so good at generating embers that Mannoroth's Fury is a game changer on some fights. Plus, I'm not developing all these bad movement habits that will kill me when they take KJC away from us.
    What makes you think they will?

About Dark Soul Glyph, is that good as destro??

It's not that I think they will, It's that I fear they will.

I've read a lot of talk on various forums about the pervasiveness of moving casters. I personally like it because it allows devs to be more creative in encounter designs.
    But I suspect it will either be standard for all casters in some form or another, or that they will cut down on or remove it in the next expac.

It's such a huge advantage that could also turn into a crutch. When I get on my Shadow Priest I'm all, "WTF? How do people play like this?"

Destro works great for H Feng. It has good enough cleaving potential and AOE ember generation that the adds are easily taken care of. KJ's Cunning is fantastic for Feng - some with AV. Provided your raid is executing correctly, I don't see why you'd need MF.