Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Where would prot pallies rank? I had them pretty low because of their pitiful DPS. I mean if you cant beat enrage timers what good are you? Unless they have enough defense to eat enrages?

I solo'd Omnitron Defence System on my monk as Brewmaster offspec the other day.

iLevel around 380 - 390, not even Brewmaster gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Braindwen View Post
    I also find it weird that we'd even care about class limits for this. How many people seriously push themselves and try the cata raid bosses that actually pose a challenge? Bears can stealth through pretty much all trash, and kill most any pre-cata raid boss within a minute without any risk of death. For what most people do, that counts as an excellent spec .
    You're confusing extreme soloing with what I call "efficiency soloing" - extreme solo'ers are not as interested in rewards so much as pushing their class to their limits. It's a version of hardcore raiding/challenge modes/etc.

Personally for me, I don't bother soloing anything unless there is a reward (mount/pet), and if I do, it had better be a good use of time (in other words, takes a short amount of time for me to do). That's "efficiency soloing" and you can't really compare it to extreme soloing.

Quote Originally Posted by voidspark View Post
    You're confusing extreme soloing with what I call "efficiency soloing" - extreme solo'ers are not as interested in rewards so much as pushing their class to their limits. It's a version of hardcore raiding/challenge modes/etc.

Personally for me, I don't bother soloing anything unless there is a reward (mount/pet), and if I do, it had better be a good use of time (in other words, takes a short amount of time for me to do). That's "efficiency soloing" and you can't really compare it to extreme soloing.
    Yea since Blizzard thought it would be funny to troll everyone by making raids drop next to no gold now its really only done either for new pets, transmog, or epeen. They definitely arent done as an efficient way to make gold.

Deleted
    I don't know... I used to like soloing with my Warlock more than my DK, just because he was my main and I had the best feel for the class and its control. Nowadays, when I play monk as a main, I find it enjoyable to solo with him, though not as much as the Warlock. From what I've heard, soloing with Warrior is very nice due to things like Second Wind. Druids and Paladins would probably follow, just because they can both tank and heal.
    So my personal feelings on soloing would be:

Warlock
    DK
    Monk
    Warrior
    Paladin
    Druid
    ----
    For Hunters, Priests, Shamans, Mages and Rogues, I can't really tell. I know that Hunters would be somewhere really high on the list, but I lack the personal experience to be specific...

I can solo everything I need to solo every week on my Ret; All Vanilla content for pets, all of Naxx 10 pet bosses, Ony for reins, Alysrazor for Flametalon. In terms of clearing useful content, that being non-transmog stuff, Ret is perfectly fine. You won't ever be on the cutting edge of clearing content, but you'll be more than fine when it comes to farming mounts/pets. If you're looking to farm Legendaries I guess you could solo a handful of bosses in Ulduar and ICC, but I think you'd have issues on HC mode big time.

My top 5 list:

Blood DK
    Hunter (See below)
    Lock (Pets cheese so many mechanics it's just not funny)
    Prot Warrior
    Brewmaster

Quote Originally Posted by Lilly32 View Post
    Where would prot pallies rank? I had them pretty low because of their pitiful DPS. I mean if you cant beat enrage timers what good are you? Unless they have enough defense to eat enrages?
    Outside of soloing ZG's Mandokir, I don't think that Prot Paladins have any standout performances. And even then, soloing Mandokir basically involves cheesing the decapitate mechanic enough times in order for you to kill it and nuking hard after the second decapitate (BoP/Bubble First -> Ardent Defender Second, massive Vengeance spike to nuke -> BoP/Bubble Third). I've seen some Prot Pallies solo much harder fights, but why you would even bother when it's much easier to gear up a DK in blue HC gear and have them outperform you in raid epics when it comes to soloing.
    Last edited by Matt0193; 2013-01-24 at 12:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Thassarian View Post
    I can solo everything I need to solo every week on my Ret; All Vanilla content for pets, all of Naxx 10 pet bosses, Ony for reins, Alysrazor for Flametalon. In terms of clearing useful content, that being non-transmog stuff, Ret is perfectly fine. You won't ever be on the cutting edge of clearing content, but you'll be more than fine when it comes to farming mounts/pets. If you're looking to farm Legendaries I guess you could solo a handful of bosses in Ulduar and ICC, but I think you'd have issues on HC mode big time.

My top 5 list:

Blood DK
    Hunter (See below)
    Lock (Pets cheese so many mechanics it's just not funny)
    Prot Warrior
    Brewmaster

Outside of soloing ZG's Mandokir, I don't think that Prot Paladins have any standout performances. And even then, soloing Mandokir basically involves cheesing the decapitate mechanic enough times in order for you to kill it and nuking hard after the second decapitate (BoP/Bubble First -> Ardent Defender Second, massive Vengeance spike to nuke -> BoP/Bubble Third). I've seen some Prot Pallies solo much harder fights, but why you would even bother when it's much easier to gear up a DK in blue HC gear and have them outperform you in raid epics when it comes to soloing.
    Why Prot warriors better than Prot Pally? Arent they pretty much the same. I dont see tham having that much more DPS but then again never played a warrior before.