Rogue solo/leveling

I'm going to be leveling another rogue, and was wondering if any spec is more efficient for questing than any other? I remember before Pandaria that Combat was really good for this because of reinforced leather and improved recup for survivability and being able to fight and aoe a bunch of mobs at once, but those aren't really issues. Can a rogue even get increased armor anymore?

I want to decide what spec to choose in advance because I'm farming heirlooms and I want to know if I should get 2 daggers or a mace/dagger.

10+ Year Old Account
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...or-a-new-rogue from this front page should answer all of your questions.

No, there's no reinforced leather anymore.

Really depends on your playstyle. With Combat you can charge and pull multiple mobs with Blade Flurry on. Currently it's more ideal to pull 2 mobs and cleave them, once one is dead aggro a new target and focus them down while BF slowly wilts down the old mob. But after 5.2 it will be possible to tank more than 3 or 4, just keep (talented) Feint and Recup up. Killing Spree and Adrenaline Rush also gives you burst if when you need it and their cd is reduced with Restless Blades so that makes leveling overall a hell of a lot faster.

With Sub it's more about sneaking around in Stealth and bursting mobs down with Ambush fast. Shadow Dance is great for control as you can silence casters or cheap shot out of stealth and spambush them to death. Once the new Cloak & Dagger talent is available Shadow Dancing will become even more sick! Plus it's only on 1min cd. Slice and Dice is also a fairly important buff to keep up as it regens your energy. I can't recommend Assassination as it has slow ramp up time and very little cds to play with. The specs main advantage -aoe - is only relevant when you get Fan of Knives and Mastery at higher level.

If you prefer the gung-ho approach of Combat get your mace/sword but otherwise I'd advice daggers as you can try out both Assassination and Sub and see which one you prefer. Either way make sure to get Glyph of Momentum as early as you can, it will be your best friend until you hit max level.

I already have an 85 rogue on one server (don't have Pandaria yet) and do primarily assassination. Haven't messed with combat since pre-Pandaria, though. Do you do slow/slow?

Yea, Combat favors slow/slow now and equipping a fast weapon will gimp your Killing Spree quite a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by bzhai View Post
    If you prefer the gung-ho approach of Combat get your mace/sword but otherwise I'd advice daggers as you can try out both Assassination and Sub and see which one you prefer. Either way make sure to get Glyph of Momentum as early as you can, it will be your best friend until you hit max level.
    I actually swapped out deadly momentum at level 89. The mobs in dread wastes take long enough to kill in greens that SnD/recup will start falling off more often. I found recuperate glyph to be more useful at that point since things hit quite a bit harder there, too.

Quote Originally Posted by bzhai View Post
    Yea, Combat favors slow/slow now and equipping a fast weapon will gimp your Killing Spree quite a lot.
    What about the off-hand energy regen? Is it now PPM?

Yup. Combat Potency has been tweaked to work the same with slow offhand.

10+ Year Old Account
    Combat is pretty straight forward leveling and doesn't rely on stealth as much as sub or assa does. Just run up to things, grab a few, blade flurry on and chop chop chop.
    Assa leveling isn't bad but I find that most mobs die before you really get ramped up. Sub leveling is just tedious. The positional requirements and the fact that hemo hits like a wet noodle while leveling sucks.

I would suggest Combat.

Quote Originally Posted by Lohe View Post
    If you're semi-hardcore or semi-casual what's the other half? To me, they're both the same thing.
    Canicus - 577 - Arcane Mage - US Mal'Ganis Horde - 12/14H T16