Page 1 of 12
... LastLast

Jay Wilson starting up work on Warcraft IV RTS?

For those who don't know, Jay Wilson was the former director of Diablo III who just left his position a few days ago to work on a new unannounced project for Blizzard.

Apparently he made this Twit post:

I mean, to me - it's a bit of a no-brainer... Blizzard + Warhammer = Warcraft RTS.

So, do you think he's working on WCIV? I do...

To those who think (fear) he might be on Titan... they already have quite a few heads working on Titan at this point, so I don't think it's anything related to that.

What say you?

[Moderator Note]
    I say that if this thread is little more than an excuse to bash Jay Wilson around it will be closed inside of 20 minutes. I'll be lurking on it. - ML
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2013-01-21 at 10:38 PM.

That's a pretty big leap in logic to assume that he's working on WC4 because he likes Warhammer and Blizzard games. The sad fact is that we will probably never see a WC4.

I read this thread title and the first thing that came out of my mouth, and loud, was, "NOOooooo!"

Please don't let this guy destroy another game!

Oh he left D3? It must be better already.

10+ Year Old Account
    I hope he has nothing to do with Titan.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakhath View Post
    That's a pretty big leap in logic to assume that he's working on WC4 because he likes Warhammer and Blizzard games. The sad fact is that we will probably never see a WC4.
    I can't see how it's a big leap at all.. in fact, I can't really see much other leaps at all than that.

Why won't we see a WC4? I don't think you understand how marketing works... they're probably saying "We can sell any game with the Warcraft name on it to the WoW audience - that's a potential 10 million sell-through EASY!"

Oh... and may i remind you this Blizzard. Who's to say they won't, as some would say, "dumb down" a new Warcraft RTS even further to appeal to those WoW players who never played an RTS before?

Warcraft was basically inspired by Warhammer in the first place, mostly because GW wouldn't let Blizz make a Warhammer game.

Just because Jay happens to like Warhammer in addition to his company's own games, doesn't mean it makes any sense to connect the dots and proclaim Warcraft IV. That's one hell of a logical leap, particularly since Warhammer itself isn't an RTS game by default (yes, there have been Warhammer RTSes, but the base game is a tabletop war game).

Quote Originally Posted by iamthedevil View Post
    I read this thread title and the first thing that came out of my mouth, and loud, was, "NOOooooo!"

Please don't let this guy destroy another game!

Oh he left D3? It must be better already.
    Hehe - yeah, the D3 forums were quite ablaze when that happened, and came to your basic same conclusion. ^_^

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Forsedar View Post
    I hope he has nothing to do with Titan.
    Was this really necessary?

Quote Originally Posted by Dblbaconator View Post
    Warcraft was basically inspired by Warhammer in the first place, mostly because GW wouldn't let Blizz make a Warhammer game.

Just because Jay happens to like Warhammer in addition to his company's own games, doesn't mean it makes any sense to connect the dots and proclaim Warcraft IV. That's one hell of a logical leap, particularly since Warhammer itself isn't an RTS game by default (yes, there have been Warhammer RTSes, but the base game is a tabletop war game).
    The question was asked about what his new unannounced game he's working on is. His answer was basically "I like Blizzard games and Warhammer games". It's not that hard of a leap at all... more like a casual skip than a leap TBH. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Boem View Post
    Some sort of moderator you are. Take your unsupported bashing elsewhere please.
    Dude, everyone's entitled to their opinion, even the Mods..
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by Destil View Post
    Dude, everyone's entitled to their opinion, even the Mods..
    Good - somebody caught it before he edited it. :P

((assuming he was the one who edited it! :P))

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hell yeah it was necessary don't let him F up another game and I should stray from this thread before it becomes a bomb -.-

D3 was a good game, and he did a decent job at it. Who knows what else Blizzard is working on.

Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    The question was asked about what his new unannounced game he's working on is. His answer was basically "I like Blizzard games and Warhammer games". It's not that hard of a leap at all... more like a casual skip than a leap TBH. :P
    So let's approach this from another line of thinking.

Let's say that his Twitter bio (again, this is a Twitter bio, not really a great place to be gleaning future gaming information from) said "I like Blizzard games and the Minnesota Vikings." Would you thus claim that the long-rumored sequel to The Lost Vikings is soon to be upon us?

10+ Year Old Account
    The question is, why are we speculating about Jay wilson (who the fuck cares?) instead of speculating about this warhammer-like game.

Yes, we the community, our voice, is very necessary.

just a heads up, this message will contain some language as i cant contain myself

but no, just no, dont let that idiot ruin another game. that assclown has no business in developing games especially after he ruined D3. hopefully the new lead dev for diablo can fix that crap game

I think a Warcraft 4 would be awesome they could release it after the end of a WoW xpac move the story foward alot and release another WoW xpac that picks up the story after Warcraft 4. Were kinda needing a new leap in Warcrafts lore, you can develop the lore trought a MMO but its never as fast and as well done as in a single player game so I think Warcraft 4 would be awesome for the Warcraft universe. However I dont see Blizz doing a Warcraft 4 anytime soon realy.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm pretty sure his Twitter said he liked Warhammer prior to it saying he was working on an unannounced Blizzard game.

Oh, I wish you were right...

I don't see a Warcraft 4 coming well, never...

But who knows, I hope I am wrong =3