Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    15+ Year Old Account
    The Ashbringer...

10+ Year Old Account
    Varian: The Ashbringer...... it leaves everything in ashes....

Genn: Ah crap here he comes

Ash: WHAT POKEMON IS THAT!

Genn: NOT AGAIN!
    Last edited by GennGreymane; 2013-01-22 at 02:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by bionics View Post
    I certainly saw some obsession with it... but DOES it become a viral trade chat link like [Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]?
    Fixed that for you. It still goes viral in my trade.

Quote Originally Posted by Telwar View Post
    Of course, Ashbringer was forged by a dwarf (Magni, even, see the comic).

So not *technically* a human blade.
    A dwarven-forged, dead naaru-imbued metal wielded by a human.
    Stormrage US | Aesryn

10+ Year Old Account
    Time was, if you took the corrupted ashbringer to Scarlet Monastery, all the scarlet crusaders would turn friendly to you, and a scourged NPC near the end (high inquisitor fairbanks) would inform you that you could travel to outland to have the blade cleansed... but Blizzard never went anywhere with that.

It was likely a "famous" weapon because it never had any clear source, and people were allowed to come up with all these crazy rumors on how to obtain it... just like the mysterious unhatched egg.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    According to Lana'thel, both Quel'Serrar and Quel'Delar were forged by the dragonflights and given to the Night Elves and High Elves, respectively.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

The fishing theory I remember and I also remember in wrath that it turns out what Nat saw (likely while drunk) was probably The Dustbringer!

Deleted
    Hehe i remember losing some hours of sleep due to reading about it here on mmo champ and wow wiki, I realy enjoy that kind of stuff.
    Tin foil hat kind of style, speculation and people discussing lore into a heated discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by JhanZ View Post
    Then all of a sudden, The Argent Crusade retrieved it. Would have been nice to know how Tirion got his hands on it?
    Mograine went "hey Tirion, catch."

The end.
    "So my advice is to argue based on the reasons stated, not try to make up or guess at reasons and argue those."
    Greg Street, Riot Developer - 12:50 PM - 25 May 2015

Quote Originally Posted by JhanZ View Post
    Then all of a sudden, The Argent Crusade retrieved it. Would have been nice to know how Tirion got his hands on it?
    Have you ever made a DK? Tirion gets th Ashbringer during those starting quests.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ah yes, Ashbringer. One of the most lore-rich weapons in the World of Warcraft. I remember my friend from Vanilla who had a human warrior who was obsessed with the sword, or finding it anyway. Of course he never did but he use to theory-craft with myself and other about how the sword would be obtained. Even though I had only a mage at the time I was still intrigued by the blade.

I think what was most alluring about the blade itself was the mystery surrounding the blade. The little in-game hints and references that drove players crazy.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vasconcellos View Post
    Indeed, yet Quel'Delar needs to be taken to the SUNWELL ITSELF (remember it emanates holy magic now) in order to be cleansed from the saronite taint.
    The Ashbringer is a different kind of blade. Remember it's made of a fragment of a Naaru (speculation), and that stuff actively soaks holy light in.