10+ Year Old Account

Garrosh's take on Warrior creation..

So I was just thinking about the Silverpine questline and how Garrosh is so against Sylvanas reviving the corpses of the humans to create more Forsaken and found it disgusting, calling it "against the laws of nature" and it got me thinking...

I know that he may be 'corrupt' but quests in the 5.1 questline... //semi-spoilers from here// he wants to create warriors using the Mogu magic etc.

It really doesn't make sense to me, thoughts?

The Lightbringer Highlord Hanibuhl's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    It doesn't, but that's what is great about it. It's how arrogant and pretentious people work. They think somebody else's ideas are stupid and their own are brilliant and justify everything. It has always been like this.

Or... it's bad writing and poor continuity. It would be nice to hear Sylvanas say something about this.

Garrosh moral standards changed with MoP.

He executed a general because he bombed the Alliance in Stonetalon, then he dropped a Mana bomb on Theramore.

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    Garrosh moral standards changed with MoP.

He executed a general because he bombed the Alliance in Stonetalon, then he dropped a Mana bomb on Theramore.
    the difference being one was a school that had "innocents" aka kids, people not involved in the war. and the other a fortified enemy stronghold with enlisted members of the alliance. not saying garry isnt an asshole trust me i can't wait to loot his smug corpse.

Quote Originally Posted by Sheafie View Post
    So I was just thinking about the Silverpine questline and how Garrosh is so against Sylvanas reviving the corpses of the humans to create more Forsaken and found it disgusting, calling it "against the laws of nature" and it got me thinking...

I know that he may be 'corrupt' but quests in the 5.1 questline... //semi-spoilers from here// he wants to create warriors using the Mogu magic etc.

It really doesn't make sense to me, thoughts?
    I'll bite. Are you OK with creating AI Robots for warfare? Are you OK with reanimating corpses for same thing?

It's not that I'm defending Garrosh. But this things can be seen as quite different.

Quote Originally Posted by LazarusLong View Post
    I'll bite. Are you OK with creating AI Robots for warfare? Are you OK with reanimating corpses for same thing?

It's not that I'm defending Garrosh. But this things can be seen as quite different.
    the methods we've seen that would make the robots would be to tear the souls out of more then likely unwilling participates and turning them into mindless killing machines, and the other is bringing the recently killed back and saying: "hey. want to join the people who killed you?" granted both methods are beyond reprehensible.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sky High Shark View Post
    the methods we've seen that would make the robots would be to tear the souls out of more then likely unwilling participates and turning them into mindless killing machines, and the other is bringing the recently killed back and saying: "hey. want to join the people who killed you?" granted both methods are beyond reprehensible.
    I'll add on to the "hey. want to join the people who killed you?"
    If I recall correctly, Sylvanas does give the undead a choice between wanting to fight and running away, whereas Garrosh would just create beings that only know how to kill.

Mogu magic isnt raising the dead, it's putting spirits inside a stone vessel. For Mogu warriors, typically willing spirits were transferred into powerful stone vessels to extend their life and maintain their strength. However sometimes slaves and the like were forced into constructs against their will. Garrosh is using willing Orcs for his experiments. Imo, spiritbinding to stone would be something much more interesting for the Forsaken to pursue. Not to put their enemies into stone but rather solve the problem of their bodies decaying and falling apart to the point where their spirit becomes unbound.

To me it shows how he's changed from the beginning of Cata to present day. What wasn't okay then is kosher now.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

But was where Dalaran?

Deleted
    I dont think the actions of Garrosh are worth discussions.

We should discuss how can such a fans-proclaimed great warrior not even kill a child with a mighty blow.

Mogu Magic =/= Sha touched insanity.

I think his original interest was one or the other, and came across the other. The ability to control the Sha, without losing your sanity, was only done by the Mogu, and Garrosh wants to do the same thing, but with so many failed results. I have to see him do the other, totally unrelated sha thing, where he creates warriors from stone. Instead of a bell, he needs to get his hands on one of these mogu factories, ironically, where the last quest took place, was at Mogushan Vaults.

Either way, he's creating slaves(they will have souls) and turning people into Sha monsters.

Sylvanas is giving her enemies a second chance at life, no slavery involved. This isn't one of those "I'd rather be dead than a zombie" cause you have free will(she sucks as a necromancer). You can kill yourself, you can ask them to kill your, you can also relate to those undead people, that you most likely were bigoted towards in life.

---------- Post added 2013-01-23 at 09:29 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Justforthis123 View Post

We should discuss how can such a fans-proclaimed great warrior not even kill a child with a mighty blow.
    When did he become such a great warrior? He cried like a lil baby in TBC, sat idly in wotlk spewing bigotry, cata he became a huge racist and in mop, he's lvl 500, without ever lifting an axe.

Wtb a fight where we get him to 99% and Saurfang comes out and one shots him with a twig :3

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Justforthis123 View Post

That Child has the mightiest protection there is though.

Plot Armour.

Oh okies I'll put a little more effort in but in as non-spoilery a way as I can. Garrosh didn't directly attack the Kid, he attacked the object behind the Kid which then collapsed on the Kid. It's an out, not much of one but it's an out.

The Lightbringer Highlord Hanibuhl's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's a pivotal point in the development of a badguy that he/she becomes the person that they once fought so hard against.

Sylvanas > Banshee Queen
    Arthas > Lich King
    Garrosh from Nagrand > Sha-touched Garrosh
    Anakin Skywalker > Darth Vader

Deleted
    At least sylvanas is good at bullshiting.

Garrosh doesn't seem to care about justifying anything he does what so ever, "It was my idea, so it's a good idea"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeBogina View Post
    Mogu Magic =/= Sha touched insanity.

I think his original interest was one or the other, and came across the other. The ability to control the Sha, without losing your sanity, was only done by the Mogu, and Garrosh wants to do the same thing, but with so many failed results. I have to see him do the other, totally unrelated sha thing, where he creates warriors from stone. Instead of a bell, he needs to get his hands on one of these mogu factories, ironically, where the last quest took place, was at Mogushan Vaults.

Either way, he's creating slaves(they will have souls) and turning people into Sha monsters.

Sylvanas is giving her enemies a second chance at life, no slavery involved. This isn't one of those "I'd rather be dead than a zombie" cause you have free will(she sucks as a necromancer). You can kill yourself, you can ask them to kill your, you can also relate to those undead people, that you most likely were bigoted towards in life.

---------- Post added 2013-01-23 at 09:29 AM ----------

When did he become such a great warrior? He cried like a lil baby in TBC, sat idly in wotlk spewing bigotry, cata he became a huge racist and in mop, he's lvl 500, without ever lifting an axe.

Wtb a fight where we get him to 99% and Saurfang comes out and one shots him with a twig :3
    He never was to begin with , dont take me wrong.. i am not his fan and i am realistic so i can see how weak he is .