Looking for a special type of mod.

I'm looking for a mod that puts a ring or something like that around my character showing max range for various spells such as Heroic Leap, Banners, Intervene and Disrupting Shout. Or maybe even just yard-meter around my character? I know this is kind of a specialized mod request but I know i've heard that shadow priests have a mod that show the max range for Halo to min-max use of it and i'm just looking for a way to do the same thing for my warrior in pvp. Any help/advice is much appreciated.

Not entirely sure but I doubt that this is possible since they broke avr. That halo addon is as far as I know just a bar that indicates how far away you are from your target. Could of course be wrong here.
    Last edited by cFortyfive; 2013-01-22 at 05:21 AM.

Hmm well that's unfortunate. Now that I think about it blizz frowns upon alot of mods that alter the actual gameworld so your probably right, but I won't give up hope!

Deleted
    Dynamically updating overlays, such as the angle change getting a circle to appear drawn on the floor such as AVR did are pretty difficult to do since the patch that broke AVR and generally blizzard frowns upon it... the closest I can really imagine you coming would be using something like the bigwigs HUD showing raid members distance and basing it off that

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by eddytheone View Post
    Dynamically updating overlays, such as the angle change getting a circle to appear drawn on the floor such as AVR did are pretty difficult to do since the patch that broke AVR and generally blizzard frowns upon it... the closest I can really imagine you coming would be using something like the bigwigs HUD showing raid members distance and basing it off that
    Frowns upon it? I Thought they outright broke the functionality so it was not possible to draw on the game environment. Should be possible to do something more basic by using the UnitInRange API with target as the parameter, then you could just have a list of spells that are =< that distance i.e. available.

Deleted
    Well they broke it but you can with a series of loopholes create a texture overlay such as a circle that will change its dimensions relative to your position, however it does require two other people and its just not worth it in the end as it isn't terribly responsive and that is using the UnitInRange API, as it only returns two values you could in *in theory* create a web where all of your raiders use an addon that calls that function and you could using that approximate where the boss is or certain abilities it casts depending on who is in range of what spells (similar to archaeology) The overhead would be pretty large though probably

If you are talking about just a list of spells that return a positive value, this is basically exactly what the default UI does when it colours your button red for out of range:P
    Last edited by mmocae83d35844; 2013-01-22 at 11:12 AM.

Deleted
    Of course but you could make it more complex, yards to use for example for out of range spells.