Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by -Apathy- View Post
    Doesn't mean they will quit the game because of dailies. Like good god people.

Why not? I know a lot of people who did and these players are just that, players, not some super special people, they are just people. If dailies are annoying them and cutting into their time doing what they enjoy, or making the game feel like a boring grind....well, they'll leave like anyone else.

To be honest, the quit rate seams higher in MoP than even Cata, at least early Cata was ok, though it got drastically worse after T11. But MoP started out with fundamental issues, that Bliz have only compounded with 5.1. the changes in 5.2 are comming too late for many people I know.

Paragon are a merge of Sauna and Knockout - both Finnish guilds.

DREAM is their Asian sponsor of sorts.

Will be the end of the two guilds.

I've seen large world-class guilds, to small sever shit guilds all try merges, and I've never known one to end well.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tlacoatl View Post
    Why not? I know a lot of people who did and these players are just that, players, not some super special people, they are just people. If dailies are annoying them and cutting into their time doing what they enjoy, or making the game feel like a boring grind....well, they'll leave like anyone else.

To be honest, the quit rate seams higher in MoP than even Cata, at least early Cata was ok, though it got drastically worse after T11. But MoP started out with fundamental issues, that Bliz have only compounded with 5.1. the changes in 5.2 are comming too late for many people I know.
    It's just honestly one of the silliest things to quit about especially IF X person is a top tier player but hey whatever floats that person's boat.

Deleted
    You guys do realise that Paragon too is a merge of guilds?

Deleted
    It's just honestly one of the silliest things to quit about especially IF X person is a top tier player but hey whatever floats that person's boat.

Why? Top tier players dont get to play games they find fun? Is that not a consideration?

There are plenty of other games out there offering arguably harder and better raiding challenges, or other types of gaming challenge they may enjoy. So if the overall game experience in wow has declined for them, then I see no reason why they may not choose to move on.

Not saying thats what happened, I dont know. But just saying that the sentiment its not possible is silly, of course it is.

The real question is how long until <Gamble> aka: TM runs away from the competition like they did on Zul'jin.

Deleted
    The new name is Evodus - The move is already done all though I kinda f'ed up my name OPPS.

/cries
    On a slightly off topic.I watched you first Elegon kill.A warlock was streaming the progression (while he was boting on D3,but thats another story) and a female Warlock got yelled at and replaced from the raid.Right after her replacement,you guys got the first kill.Is she still on Exodus?She will be in the new guild?
    Last edited by mmoc2e4b7a32fd; 2013-01-22 at 11:23 AM. Reason: Heroic Elegon obviously

Quote Originally Posted by Badhairday View Post
    GM of Vodka disappeared? Mind elaborating? (Googling the words "vodka" and "disappering" doesn't give me the wanted results ;p)
    It's as simple as it sounds. Maybe 3 weeks ago Grafarion (Vodka's GM/Raid Leader at the time) stopped appearing for raids, and since hasn't responded to attempts to contact him.

The Lightbringer GKLeatherCraft's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tlacoatl View Post

If you know people who quit because of dailys, then they clearly were just looking for an excuse to leave, being burnt out, there is no reason to quit over dailys, you know why? because you don't have to do them! Don't like it? Don't do it, it really is as simple as that, If you're in a top tier progression guild then your guild will expect you to do them, but that comes with the territory, i want to collect all the Pets in WoW, but i haven't learnt Pet battles yet, can i just get them all given to me without doing the work? No, not unless i buy alot of them, If you want something, put the time in, If you don't want to do something, then don't

It just really annoys me when you get silly people try and make out dailys are mandatory in this Game, i know right, i guess alot of people forget this is a game, there is nothing in this game you have to do

Neither guild lost people because of dailies, I just wanna let you know that.
    Any proof of that? Or random talk.

Quote Originally Posted by kazih View Post
    Well you need to post relevant info about their real reasons to quit, so far you just seem like a mindless daily defender.
    Last I checked Method was very much alive. So no, they didn't quit over the dailes. Speculating as to why vodka/Exodus might have lost members is just that: Speculation. Until you bring info about their real reason to quit to light, you just seem like a mindless daily hater.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Oblitorate View Post
    The real question is how long until <Gamble> aka: TM runs away from the competition like they did on Zul'jin.
    Way to attempt to derail......classy

On topic: I've heard from reliable sources grafarion announced he'd quit if they didn't get world 1st at the start of the tier. So he's just making good on his word.

Made by dubbelbasse

Quote Originally Posted by FeuerFrei View Post
    On a slightly off topic.I watched you first Elegon kill.A warlock was streaming the progression (while he was boting on D3,but thats another story) and a female Warlock got yelled at and replaced from the raid.Right after her replacement,you guys got the first kill.Is she still on Exodus?She will be in the new guild?
    Oh hi that was me. No, shes hasn't been in Exo for about a month.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lanerios View Post
    Any proof of that? Or random talk.
    Random talk, nobody should claim some left over dailies but it's a possibility. Anyone saying they didn't leave over dailies is just as big of an idiot as people who say they did.

Unless you know one of the quitters irl it's all speculation.

Whilst this is a semi active thread regarding top raiding it is slightly off topic. Whilst having a look at b<Blood Legion>s sight/wow progress page I noticed they now have set raid hours - 7pm-12am 6 days a week. Is this new or are they the hours for farm? is <Blood Legion> no longer super hard core raiders?
    Originally Posted by Zarhym (Blue Tracker)

We're confident the .01% left will be thrilled to attend a post-apocalyptic BlizzCon.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Archidamos View Post
    This game is systematically killing the desire of certain people to play it, in hope to gain a different cluster of the playerbase.
    It is inevitable that a game like WoW will be constantly losing players, no matter what Blizzard does.

Once you accept this reality, everything else starts to make a bit of sense:

• If WoW never evolved and grew, most people would have stopped playing it more than 7 years ago. It is the very nature of an MMO to keep expanding and adding content, or die.
    • Every change will be disliked by some players. Remember if you make no changes, the game dies anyway.
    • Over time, every player will end up seeing some changes they dislike. The longer you have been playing, the more certain this becomes.
    • Given enough time every single person who ever plays WoW will leave. Either because the changes made to the game are not to their liking, or were insufficient to keep them interested in the game or life circumstances changed to make them unable to continue playing.

So given all of this above, Blizzard doesn't really have much of a choice. They have to recruit new players into the game. They have to try to retain the biggest possible slice of their existing playerbase.

The game you seem to want cannot exist and flaming Blizzard for not making that game is short sighted, because even if you got the game you wanted, it would be dead within a year, which means you still wouldn't have the game you wanted.
    Last edited by Raelbo; 2013-01-22 at 01:19 PM. Reason: added a missing word

Quote Originally Posted by Foto View Post
    Whilst this is a semi active thread regarding top raiding it is slightly off topic. Whilst having a look at b<Blood Legion>s sight/wow progress page I noticed they now have set raid hours - 7pm-12am 6 days a week. Is this new or are they the hours for farm? is <Blood Legion> no longer super hard core raiders?
    Raiding 30 hours a week non-progression weeks isn't super hardcore enough for you? Progression has always been as many hours as they can per day until the bosses fall over. Outside of that I imagine they just do full heroic clears each day on each of their alts so that they can class stack when needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryve View Post
    Raiding 30 hours a week non-progression weeks isn't super hardcore enough for you? Progression has always been as many hours as they can per day until the bosses fall over. Outside of that I imagine they just do full heroic clears each day on each of their alts so that they can class stack when needed.
    My question was are they posting their farm hours on their website and when they raid for progression is it as much as possible or have they switched to set raid hours? because although blood legion has the reputation for raiding as much as possible when new content is out it doesn't say it on their info is all. 30 hours on farm is plenty :P but for world first guilds on progression its not "enough" to stay up with method/paragon who will raid 14+ hour days
    Originally Posted by Zarhym (Blue Tracker)

We're confident the .01% left will be thrilled to attend a post-apocalyptic BlizzCon.

Deleted
    Merge is probably for the best but I doubt they'll get any better. It's admirable how some of these players have been raiding this hardcore for years without getting a single world first.