Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fangless View Post
    I'm talking currently. Everyone should be done with their factions by now, and just doing them for Charms. If you were doing them constantly, then you have a ton of Charms leftover, and won't need to do any dailies. Heck, even at the start, you could only earn 1k VP a week, so maxing out the rep on all the factions immediately didn't net you any advantages, as you could only get a piece every other week basically.

Either way, I have no sympathy on anyone that wants to raid 6-7 days a week to be world 1st, top 10, etc, but then would complain they had to relax and do some mindless quests for a few hours.
    Then your comment is somewhat irrelevant, considering that even those guys were done with dailies etc. probably before YOU were. Just from knowing people in Blood Legion, they were already doing dailies on their mains two or three days into the expansion, for the most part. I wouldn't be surprised if some of them were doing those same dailies on 2 or 3 toons by the time raids actually released.

These guys will try for every advantage - so even if it's only a piece every other week, they'll gun for that, and on multiple characters.

Honestly, I couldn't imagine doing that amount of raiding on top of dailies across multiple toons. I probably do 1-2 hours of farm/dailies on 2, almost 3, toons right now with around 3 hours of raiding a night, and still have to take a break from dailies. Do I personally have sympathy for them? Not necessarily - I agree that raiding 6-7 days a week on top of dailies would be more than I could handle. Plus, the idea of asking for donations to transfer... that just makes me angry. :P

To everyone that is curious on what TM/Gamble will do, I can make a very educated guess.
    As an original member of the guild (Gul'dan/Pants Optional) and being the guild for all for T13 progression, knowing the GM (Sean), and leaving the guild, this are the options I have considered.

1. They stay on Mal'ganis and the guild slowly dies. The players that are serious about raiding go to Evodus.
    2. They transfer. The players that are serious about raiding stay on server and join Evodus, what's left of the guild transfers and dies on a different server, or takes another 3 months to rebuild to a shittier roster than we had in Dragon Soul. We had some exceptional players in Dragon Soul that are now in guilds like Evodus (players in both vodka and Exodus), Duality, and Vigil. Many more have quit the game.

Gamble really has no options other than to leave the server. The guild will die a slow painful death if they stay on that server, and they will be incredibly weak next tier if they transfer. It's their choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Moozhe View Post
    People usually quit because of burnout. You're right that this tier with dailies and rep and VP capping had an especially large amount of burnout. Most hardcore players in the top guilds had to:

- Level 3 characters to 90
    - Grind heroics for all the BiS blue gear on 3 characters
    - Level 2 primary professions on 3 different characters
    - Grind most reputations to revered on 3 characters
    - Continue doing dailies each week for coins on 3 characters
    - Run LFRs for gear upgrades on 3 characters (remember those Will of the Emperor LFR wipes and queue times?)
    - Once 5.1 hit, most hardcore players felt compelled to VP cap on all 3 characters
    you forgot farming for 300 stat food at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by Mudor View Post
    Paragon will forever be world 1st. No one came close to their world 1st sha hc kill.
    i just looked and method got their HC sha kill just a little under 2 hours after paragon

Quote Originally Posted by Tagzz View Post
    Nice dying to lightning storm while Gicks shits on your dps.
    Nice going to Vigil, sitting on the bench, then going back to Gamble, and sitting on the bench

No offense though

Deleted
    Hmm..weren't Exodus the guys who cheated their way to world first Yogg (via a bug), and when they got "busted" the GM put out a long rant on their forums where he called Americans "superior" to Europeans or something like that? And the feel i get from vodka is that they're a bunch of ...assholes with enormous egos. That's besides the point - hardcore raiding is very competitive and i don't think any top guild is full of nice, polite people - but this guild is destined to be full of drama and eventually die out, and that'll probably be the end of both vodka and Exodus.

Quote Originally Posted by Enhshamanlol View Post
    Ido wonder what TM/gamble will do.
    Xfer to another server, try and scoop as many bad players they can from the top guilds from there, put them on the bench and bring them in for fights where they are really OP and then exploit some kind of door bug and get banned for a week as the other guild that is competing against them kicks their ass in progression.

Quote Originally Posted by muxx View Post
    Xfer to another server, try and scoop as many bad players they can from the top guilds from there, put them on the bench and bring them in for fights where they are really OP and then exploit some kind of door bug and get banned for a week as the other guild that is competing against them kicks their ass in progression.

Lololol, Pretty much what I was thinking. I feel bad for people that go from decent guilds with prema raid spots to gamble where they're benched.

Quote Originally Posted by Mudor View Post
    Paragon will forever be world 1st. No one came close to their world 1st sha hc kill.
    So that Russian guild that had a 0% wipe on him hours before Paragon killed it and Method claiming WF 25 Man shortly after? Nah man, not even remotely close.

You guys who are saying OMG THIS WONT WORK MERGERS NEVER WORK. Ensidia anyone? SK gaming+nephalim merged and ensidia dominated the game for almost 2 years untill paragon knocked them off.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by momirmaster View Post
    Ensidia anyone? SK gaming+nephalim merged and ensidia dominated the game for almost 2 years untill paragon knocked them off.
    Someones been playing too much Diablo.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    Also a vegetable is a person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

Quote Originally Posted by kazih View Post
    Well if people say dailies is worst feature in a game it might be part of why players quit along with more relevant things such as lack of interest in wow and time restraints.
    You do realize that every single expansion has a worst feature, right? TBC had a worst feature, as did WotLK and Cata. Does that mean that every hardcore raider that quit did so because of that particular feature?

Vodkadus would've been better!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Vodkadus would've been better!
    i think Exodus is better considering what happened to vodka's roster

and might as well add accession to that merger looking at the list of guys currently going.

since i dont play anymore....ive also read that the # of questers in the new 5.2 zone will help progression (unlocking stuff). true/false? so all major guilds might have to move to high pop realms to compete.
    Last edited by phenix; 2013-01-23 at 12:05 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SamR View Post
    You do realize that every single expansion has a worst feature, right? TBC had a worst feature, as did WotLK and Cata. Does that mean that every hardcore raider that quit did so because of that particular feature?
    No and I never said that so I don't know what you want.

Nobody left because of dailies. I promise.

I guess what pisses me off most is that there aren't raiding guild concerts where I can sleep with the raiders after the show. Well, at least I can make a new "Evodus" t-shirt and wear it 24/7.

Hold off on the T-Shirt, Evodus is just temp name.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by piin View Post
    I guess what pisses me off most is that there aren't raiding guild concerts where I can sleep with the raiders after the show. Well, at least I can make a new "Evodus" t-shirt and wear it 24/7.
    Exodus is taken like we have to wait haha

Quote Originally Posted by voidspark View Post
    That's the thing, once you step into heroic mode raiding, you don't go back down to "normal mode raiding." It's either HM raiding or you quit. Trust me, I know this feeling.

I'm sure it works the same for absolute top tier guilds, once you are at that level and play at that level, you can't easily just step down to a casual guild, at that point you might as well just stop raiding altogether.
    i raided with Vis Maior in BC and early wolk. it was very easy to go semi-hardcore after that. i know a lot of former hardcore raiders who've gone semi-hardcore, or even full on casual.

people get older, people grow out of the game. a lot of the new high caliber players that they would be recruiting are more interested in 10 mans right now because 25s are starting to be regarded as a relic or a lost cause.
    " I need a sec, my wrists hurt from spamming slam so hard. Playing cleave vs cleave is tough stuff guys"