Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Terran got owned lol

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    Terran got owned lol
    They should of played better terrans not having stimpacks vikings on ultraisk? Zerg was likely controlled by a high ranking APM person + terran was likely a bronze player

<.<

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by -Apathy- View Post
    They should of played better terrans not having stimpacks vikings on ultraisk? Zerg was likely controlled by a high ranking APM person + terran was likely a bronze player

<.<
    I just don't want to hear Zerg complaining about Ultras sucking anymore... They totally had it covered.

Deleted

<.<
    Arcturus Mengsk plays on bronze you know. He had not a single ghost that could snipe the Ultras ... lame

15+ Year Old Account
    I just loved the sense of dread in how the Zerg advanced. It missed the slaughter/infection of civilians though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skroesec View Post
    Good looking cinematic, but games are made that look not too far off from it. Five years ago this would have been extremely impressive. Today? The gap between the CG and what games can do has never been narrower, but those type of games aren't made by Blizzard.

I wasn't that impressed. I've seen this before. Blizzard is just falling further and further behind the curve by being so conservative a company.
    In terms of story and gameplay Starcraft 2 IS the top dog in RTS genres. If there is something that Blizzard does right, it is their RTS games.

I really don't like RTS games. But frankly this trailer is awesome.

Perhaps I'll buy SC2 just for the campaign and story, but certainly not for the on line PvP mode.

But this trailer was very convincing to see the story line.

One of the best cinematics (along with the launch of Vanilla WOW).

Quote Originally Posted by N-7 View Post
    In terms of story and gameplay Starcraft 2 IS the top dog in RTS genres. If there is something that Blizzard does right, it is their RTS games.
    In Terms of traditional RTS, I don't think any company dare challenge Blizzard in terms of popularity or gameplay. (and balance)

it COULD be the 'blizzard' logo carrying it, but if you compare it to other current RTS games, I don't think any hold a candle against SC2(IMHO).

Story-wise I'd say its debatable >.<
    Last edited by BLSTMASTER; 2013-01-23 at 02:55 AM.

Well there aren't many current RTS games out at the moment. RTS games are kind of in a rut. SC2 is a decent game but I've enjoyed many other RTS games more.

Bloodsail Admiral DownButStillOut's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I wasn't the first one to discover this, but if you time it right at the 8 second mark you can see people holding trophies and partying
    BeeeeeeeoooooOOOOoooooooooooooooOOOO-FFFSSSHHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMM!!!
    My attempt at being less of a pessimist was choosing Dawnbringer as my choice of server.
    I regret somethings! (like setting this in my signature)

Good looking cinematic, but games are made that look not too far off from it. Five years ago this would have been extremely impressive. Today? The gap between the CG and what games can do has never been narrower, but those type of games aren't made by Blizzard.

I wasn't that impressed. I've seen this before. Blizzard is just falling further and further behind the curve by being so conservative a company.
    This pretty much, i got a "meh" empty feeling after watching this trailer. The only interesting part is the ending, reminds me of the part in the walking dead series where the guy wakes up in the hospital room or when alice wakes up in one of the resident evil movies. It makes me want to find out more about the story.

10+ Year Old Account

No.

Blizzard builds engines for their games so that they will be playable on as many systems as possible; they aren't trying to make the next CryEngine that can't even be played at maxed settings for another two years, they're trying to make something that will run on an old beat to shit Core2Duo as easily as it'll run on the latest and greatest i7.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    As crappy as their games have been lately, they really oughta just start making movies and make Pixar look like dogshit.
    They'd just be the Michael Bay of animated films then...

I love their cinematics but...damn Blizzard, get your shit together. I haven't seen storytelling at the level of WCIII in over a decade now from them.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    They'd just be the Michael Bay of animated films then...
    So? As long as they keep Shia LeBouf out of their flicks, I'll watch em.
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharde View Post
    i really REALLY wish they would make an action game in the starcraft universe now after seeing this oO.

flying dat viking ...
    Dat Starcraft: Ghost. I don't think anyone doubts it'd be successful even if they released it now.

---------- Post added 2013-01-23 at 06:15 AM ----------

So? As long as they keep Shia LeBouf out of their flicks, I'll watch em.
    I would too. I'm just saying, I want a good story with them cinematics. Pixar can do it. Bioware can do it. Blizzard COULD do it. Why not anymore?
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

I would love for them to make a movie. However, making a full length movie with animation this good would be an enormous undertaking. It likely took their studio months to make that 3 minute clip. A full length film would probably cost in excess of 250 million dollars, require them to more than triple their staff, and it would probably take 2 years at least to make. However, Avatar was like that too, and look at the returns it made...

They have actually said they would love to see a starcraft movie made, but its not really a priority for them at the moment. However, I remember a post from them on the subject last year said that if an accomplished sci-fi director contacted them (they specifically mentioned James Cameron) about doing one, they would start working on it the next day. Weather they would do it animated like their cinematics, or live action with lots of CGI was not made clear though.

---------- Post added 2013-01-23 at 12:30 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Sorensen View Post
    yeah she gets turned back into human by Jim and the Gang at the end of Wings of Liberty. Sorry if that is a spoiler but the game has been out for like 2 years or something.
    She still has something going on with her hair though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    I would too. I'm just saying, I want a good story with them cinematics. Pixar can do it. Bioware can do it. Blizzard COULD do it. Why not anymore?
    Because Metzen's life isn't shit anymore? Comedians and writers always start to suck when they stop doing drugs to escape how shit their life is.

Quote Originally Posted by BLSTMASTER View Post
    In Terms of traditional RTS, I don't think any company dare challenge Blizzard in terms of popularity or gameplay. (and balance)

it COULD be the 'blizzard' logo carrying it, but if you compare it to other current RTS games, I don't think any hold a candle against SC2(IMHO).

Story-wise I'd say its debatable >.<
    The only one I can think of would be Ensemble Studios (the makers of the Age of Empires and Age of Mythology series, as well as Halo Wars). Its such a pity that Microsoft disbanded them. I hope some day the AOM or AOE IP is resurrected by a worthy game company. AOE had better staying power than the original SC imo.

---------- Post added 2013-01-23 at 12:36 AM ----------

Because Metzen's life isn't shit anymore? Comedians and writers always start to suck when they stop doing drugs to escape how shit their life is.
    I am surprised Metzen didn't try to voice Kerrigan lol. Seems like he voices half the characters in Blizzard games, and he always does that instantly recognizable deep gravely tone, or slight variations of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Relic's done very well with the Dawn of War games, but the UI is complete shit, pathfinding can be really wonky for individual units (I've seen a lot of "pro" level games ended because one or two units in an expensive squad decided to try and take the long way around instead of following the other squaddies), and it doesn't have the tightness of control that SC2 does.

Deleted

<.<
    How can you win without NUKES???? Seriously Mengsk is a noob !! He had no Ghosts and no NUKES ... uber LAME.