10+ Year Old Account

Best Alliance race for SP?

I was just wondering what you guys we're playing as a Shadow Priest. I play Gnome at the moment, and I still sit in the top 2 DPS in my 10 man guild. Based purely on racial benefits towards DPS, what do you guys play? And what is king?
    Quote Originally Posted by Setheria View Post
    Don't get me wrong, Mind Sear is as useful as tits on a bull, but let's not get carried away here.

Deleted
    Worgen give you 1% crit, Draenei give you 1% hit and Pandarens have 100% bonus from food.
    One from these three races can help with dps.

Deleted
    Well, if you're optimizing and using 300 food in your raid u shud be Pandaren, since it awards double foodbuff (EG 300 int extra- 600 total).

10+ Year Old Account
    http://howtopriest.com/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=1701#race

http://warcraft.twintop-tahoe.com/?p=344 :

* For Dwarves and Humans, equipped mainhand must be a Mace; for Gnomes, equipped mainhand must be a Dagger.
    ** Haste is multiplicative. The PP values quoted here assume a base of 5% Haste from Shadowform. Remember, Haste is multiplicative so the more that you have the larger effect the bonus has!

pandaren aren't that great in my experience. you lose 100% of your racial bonus any time you accept a brez. i'd personally go worgen if i were alliance, as their racial isn't tied to weapon type, and their mobility racial is actually quite useful.

Quote Originally Posted by snaxattax View Post
    pandaren aren't that great in my experience. you lose 100% of your racial bonus any time you accept a brez. i'd personally go worgen if i were alliance, as their racial isn't tied to weapon type, and their mobility racial is actually quite useful.
    I see a lot of people saying this but lets be honest, (speaking from 10 man where there is only 1 brez) how many encounters rely on you being brez'd. Most if not all of my kills I live 100% of the fight, there is maybe 1 in a hundred where i die and get brez'd then we kill the encounter. 99% of the time if it is a kill I live, and 99% of the time i die and its a total wipe. This disadvantage ppl speak of is easily avoid by not standing in the fire.

if battle rezes are so poorly used in your guild, the 80ish intellect difference between racial bonuses is probably irrelevant anyway.

the difference between worgen and pandaren (assuming you use mogu stew 24/7 as a panda and never get battlerezed) is less than an equivalent 40 intellect, disregarding the benefits of worgen baby sprint. if you're only using 275 food/feasts then the pandaren racial is actually worse than worgen's on average.

Deleted
    Not a massive difference either way (Woadens post basically gives you all the info you'd want) but I'd argue that worgen is slightly superior to pandaren. Admittedly we aren't exactly prone to dying (dispersion+pw:s) but deaths happen on progression content (when slight differences matter the most), and the sprint is actually really useful considering our poor mobility.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sprint is cool but Human arguably has the best secondary racial and potentially powerful Hit Racials one of which is useful for Healing.

There's a lot more to each race than just the racials listed there. In the end, they're all basically even (aside from NE/BE) in terms of PP when you compare those bonuses to everything else (I.E.: gear, procs, buffs, etc.). The racials that you can't quantify are missing but make a huge difference. For me, Human all the way: EMFH and Diplomacy on top of the +1% expertise and +3% spirit from gear wins. Others disagree and see more of an advantage with other races. Personal preference will win out ultimately. You aren't going to cripple your DPS by choosing NE over {insert other race here}, though other people will likely give you a hard time for it.
    @TwintopTahoe Twintop @ Illidan-US HowToPriest
    Simulate Your Character on Beotorch! https://www.beotorch.com/

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by twintop View Post
    you aren't going to cripple your dps by choosing ne over {insert other race here}, though other people will likely give you a hard time for it.
    for years.

Deleted
    ^Point taken, human is overall the strongest racial if you're using a mace in pve (I guess I'm one of the few stuck with the lei-shi staff:P).

Deleted
    out of interest from that table. how come touch of grave loses value after 8085 haste? i'd have thought more haste = more procs?

Deleted
    Note, if you die during a encounter the Pandaren racial is fucked. I'd go for worgen all day long, that 1% crit gives is so little, but yet so much

Quote Originally Posted by Redsparrow View Post
    out of interest from that table. how come touch of grave loses value after 8085 haste? i'd have thought more haste = more procs?
    There's an ICD on TotG that limits how often it can proc. Also, the value of 'raw DPS', I.E.: Touch of the Grave, Darkmoon Card: Volcano proc (from Cata), Ghostiron Dragonling damage (MoP), etc., drops slightly because Intellect scales more at higher item levels and raw DPS is computed as = 1/{INT}.
    @TwintopTahoe Twintop @ Illidan-US HowToPriest
    Simulate Your Character on Beotorch! https://www.beotorch.com/

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Twintop View Post
    There's an ICD on TotG that limits how often it can proc. Also, the value of 'raw DPS', I.E.: Touch of the Grave, Darkmoon Card: Volcano proc (from Cata), Ghostiron Dragonling damage (MoP), etc., drops slightly because Intellect scales more at higher item levels and raw DPS is computed as = 1/{INT}.

good to know cheers for clearing that up. As someone playing alliance I had no idea it had an ICD ^^

Deleted
    Shadowmeld is an amazing ability, even in PvE, just sayin'...

Deleted
    Worgen or Panda for DPS :P

Deleted
    If you like gnome, stay gnome. The best way to increase your DPS is hands down by playing better.

Worgen racial is ace, but so is human one (allows you to bypass certain mechanics).

And female caster worgen looks shit. Glad we're done w/that one from Cata.

Human no doubt. I went from gnome to human to undead.