Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Protector of the endless

Does the Corrupted Essence buff apply to the hunters pet dmg?

Quote Originally Posted by Kirdiz View Post
    Does the Corrupted Essence buff apply to the hunters pet dmg?
    no, the only 2 boss mechaninc buffs that can apply to your pet are the garalon buff and the elegon buff.

Pets inherit our haste, so it would be sort of like double dipping if pets received the buff. The Garalon/Elegon stuff directly affects the pet because % dmg increases (on the hunter) don't transfer to pets.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Spiralphoenix View Post
    Pets inherit our haste, so it would be sort of like double dipping if pets received the buff.
    He's talking about the buff from the adds on heroic protectors. Adds will constantly spawn and give a buff to the nearby players when they die that increases their damage, sadly pets don't inherit that damage buff.

Ah you're right, I just saw "Corrupted" and jumped to conclusions and usually people specific heroic when asking about an encounter. My mistake. But yeah what I said in the second sentence applies, % dmg increases don't transfer unfortunately. You'd think they'd have learned by now that it's better that the pet just inherit everything beneficial directly from the hunter instead of being affected by buffs/etc. on itself - they did it with all the standard player buffs, but stopped short. It seems they will always at some level be a disadvantage.

Deleted
    Anyone know what Blizz has to say about this? They did fix Garalon. So is this working as intended, or did they exclude BM hunters on yet another boss mechanic?

Quote Originally Posted by Kirdiz View Post
    Anyone know what Blizz has to say about this? They did fix Garalon. So is this working as intended, or did they exclude BM hunters on yet another boss mechanic?
    no they excluded them on most boss buff mechanics.

i have tried to tweet GC about it a number of times... but he ignores them... just like with most fucks ups blizz tends to pretend they do not happen

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemesis003 View Post
    no they excluded them on most boss buff mechanics.

i have tried to tweet GC about it a number of times... but he ignores them... just like with most fucks ups blizz tends to pretend they do not happen
    Yeah because you're the only one tweeting...

Seeing that the buff aplly only to the Hunter, so is it more benefical to go as Surv for Protectors Heroic mode? Not sure which spec i'll go for that boss this week...

" So much lost time... that you'll never get back!"....

I do recommend going survival.
    <Guiles Theme Song> @ Mal'Ganis-US Horde 20-man 10/10M 8/10M, currently recruiting all
    Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/timoseewho

Quote Originally Posted by timoseewho View Post
    I do recommend going survival.
    Yep, this. With SV you are effectively getting 8.5% damage per stack and with BM you are getting just about 5% per stack. While all your fellow raid members are all getting 10%. At the end with 9 stacks you will have a 76.5% dps increase as SV and only a 45% gain with BM. While all your other raiders get 90%. Seems unfair to me.

Signature by Geekissexy Check out her Deviantart

Deleted
    Thats unfair indeed, I am considering Surv but i not 100% sure it will be better option for our set up and strategy. Currently we're managing the buff with 3 groups, and I'm in the 4 back up group getting stacks only for the last of the 3 bosses, when every body else already have 9 (for the reason that hunters don't benefit 100% from the buff), and that comes in the 6 min of the fight.

Deleted
    it seems that bliz totally overlooked the problem of dmg% bonus buffs. yes SV is a better choice there atm, but this spec too suffers from damage "loss".

the same happens in brawler's guild, milhouse manastorm. it was impossible for me to down him as BM before enrage because the damage buff from crystals only applied to the hunter. i did around 60% the damage i should do.

they definetely need to fix this in a general way, ie let the pet (and dire beast, and stampede pets) inherit % buffs as well, not only haste, crit, mastery (which was a good change).

Quote Originally Posted by Ril-gania View Post
    it seems that bliz totally overlooked the problem of dmg% bonus buffs. yes SV is a better choice there atm, but this spec too suffers from damage "loss".

the same happens in brawler's guild, milhouse manastorm. it was impossible for me to down him as BM before enrage because the damage buff from crystals only applied to the hunter. i did around 60% the damage i should do.

they definetely need to fix this in a general way, ie let the pet (and dire beast, and stampede pets) inherit % buffs as well, not only haste, crit, mastery (which was a good change).
    You can micro manage your pet on that fight and they can intercept the crystals you can't get.

/petmoveto

I believe that is the macro.

Deleted
    As Tehstool said, you can move your pet to one side of him and stand on the other side yourself. This way you and your pet will get every single crystal.

Not that I have downed him myself, several 0-1% wipes. I blame my crappy LFR gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Bovan View Post
    As Tehstool said, you can move your pet to one side of him and stand on the other side yourself. This way you and your pet will get every single crystal.

Not that I have downed him myself, several 0-1% wipes. I blame my crappy LFR gear.
    I have had a <1m wipe cause i was talking to someone and I wasn't raid buffed. I can never get raid buffed in there. 600k wipe on epicus =(

Of course this was a while ago, I bet I could go back in there and do better now.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tehstool View Post
    I have had a <1m wipe cause i was talking to someone and I wasn't raid buffed. I can never get raid buffed in there. 600k wipe on epicus =(
    I personally don't join buff groups either. I do however use kings drums, scroll of fortitude and of course my pet's buffs (2 minutes of 10% haste from serpent at the start helps).

After the 100th Millhouse wipe below 1% I just gave up. It's been a while since I bothered with the brawler's guild but I just assumed my gear wasn't good enough. Epicus was the boss that made me realize this, best I got on him was 10% before the enrage kicked in.

Quote Originally Posted by Bovan View Post

Just because you can move your pet to block on the beams, doesn't make it ok.

How fair is it really that on an already extreme rng fight that hunters have to share the crystals with their own pets?

Quote Originally Posted by Cidis View Post
    Just because you can move your pet to block on the beams, doesn't make it ok.

How fair is it really that on an already extreme rng fight that hunters have to share the crystals with their own pets?
    You realize that this is also a dps gain in and of itself? You can move your pet to a beam that you have to kill otherwise.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    No hunter should be looking forward to this fight, it's downright awful for our class. 3 Nights of wipes on it due to failure of people to comprehend lightning storm and how to get on top of adds for stacks has made it even more seared into my brain on how much I hate it. Can't wait to move on.