Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Divinespeed View Post
    No hunter should be looking forward to this fight, it's downright awful for our class. 3 Nights of wipes on it due to failure of people to comprehend lightning storm and how to get on top of adds for stacks has made it even more seared into my brain on how much I hate it. Can't wait to move on.
    Oh come on it wasn't that bad. I actually quite enjoyed controlling the spawning adds, what I didn't enjoy was figuring out when to let adds go near the end and when to go full out on the boss. But maybe that was just our tactic being weird.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovan View Post
    Oh come on it wasn't that bad. I actually quite enjoyed controlling the spawning adds, what I didn't enjoy was figuring out when to let adds go near the end and when to go full out on the boss. But maybe that was just our tactic being weird.
    I absolutely hate switching to adds, having no focus to keep BA up on the boss due to casting instants to burn down the boss. As well as trapping + conc shotting wasting 2-3 globals per add. On top of all that, our pet doesn't get the bonus damage which makes our class absolutely miserable at this fight. If you're in the 2nd-3rd group taking stacks it's impossible to compete with others in damage.

Deleted
    I absolutely hate switching to adds, having no focus to keep BA up on the boss due to casting instants to burn down the boss. As well as trapping + conc shotting wasting 2-3 globals per add. On top of all that, our pet doesn't get the bonus damage which makes our class absolutely miserable at this fight. If you're in the 2nd-3rd group taking stacks it's impossible to compete with others in damage.
    So you don't like the boss because you cant mindlessly focus boss and your dps isnt in the top because you get the buff later....?

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Joyful View Post
    So you don't like the boss because you cant mindlessly focus boss and your dps isnt in the top because you get the buff later....?
    I just don't enjoy the mechanics of the fight. Huge amounts of add switching has never been something I enjoyed a ton with SV. Also, our pets not benefiting from the damage buff is just terrible design. It's a fun fight in some aspects, I just don't like it personally. Hunters do have a good amount of utility for keeping adds under control w/ LnL procs off traps and conc shot on a short CD. Just not my cup of tea when it comes to raid mechanics.

Wouldn't it be more useful to use explosive trap on the 3 bosses to have more reliable LnL procs for add-killing? We haven't done any pulls on it, but this weekend it will happen.

Yeah, it wan't that bad for me.

Also, why are you controlling the adds? You can have warlocks do it the entire fight.
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    Wouldn't it be more useful to use explosive trap on the 3 bosses to have more reliable LnL procs for add-killing? We haven't done any pulls on it, but this weekend it will happen.
    I'd say no. Hunters shouldn't be on adds. It should be dot classes anyway. You want to kill kaolan fast so you can get rid of touch of sha and spreading your damage isn't going to help.

Signature by Geekissexy Check out her Deviantart

Fair enough, but I'm in a 10 man, and may need to do it as some point. Will I be able to keep BA up on the boss and have enough focus to burst an add down in SV?

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    Fair enough, but I'm in a 10 man, and may need to do it as some point. Will I be able to keep BA up on the boss and have enough focus to burst an add down in SV?
    Yeah, you should have enough focus from ToTH procs or fervor to kill them. What does your comp look like? Personally, I don't think it would be wise to put a hunter on the adds. Dot classes are so much more effective. I'd only use a hunter as a last resort. If you have a lock then you definitely want them on the adds. They can put a 70% slow on every add.

Quote Originally Posted by Joyful View Post
    you simply do not get it do you... its not a matter of when hunters get the buff its the fact that hunters no matter what get less of the buff then everyone else. Its failed design, but a blizzard nut hugger like yourself can never seem to grasp that.

It's either slowing and killing adds or dispelling the boss! We are doomed on that fight!
    Last edited by Ruffles; 2013-01-26 at 06:55 AM.
    Rufflesaurus <Huhuholics> Tarren Mill EU

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruffles View Post
    It's either slowing and killing adds or dispelling the boss! We are doomed on that fight!
    Much rather dispell the boss, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Tehstool View Post
    Yeah, you should have enough focus from ToTH procs or fervor to kill them. What does your comp look like? Personally, I don't think it would be wise to put a hunter on the adds. Dot classes are so much more effective. I'd only use a hunter as a last resort. If you have a lock then you definitely want them on the adds. They can put a 70% slow on every add.
    We have an spriest/lock who'll do it, but we're fairly casual and people miss all the time (which is why we carry a 13 person roster).

Deleted
    Also, why are you controlling the adds? You can have warlocks do it the entire fight.
    Why wouldn't we?
    You can just plonk a ice trap on their path and single target the adds while your pet is ripping the boss apart. I can see the 70% slow being very powerful but Warlocks are much stronger single target so I'd say you might as well put them on the boss instead. The damage buff also doesn't transfer over to our pet like mentioned in this topic, so you'd lose more DPS keeping a Warlock on add duty instead of a Hunter.

We are a 25 man guild by the way. Not sure if the same applies for 10 man.

Why wouldn't we?
    You can just plonk a ice trap on their path and single target the adds while your pet is ripping the boss apart. I can see the 70% slow being very powerful but Warlocks are much stronger single target so I'd say you might as well put them on the boss instead. The damage buff also doesn't transfer over to our pet like mentioned in this topic, so you'd lose more DPS keeping a Warlock on add duty instead of a Hunter.

We are a 25 man guild by the way. Not sure if the same applies for 10 man.
    In 10 man you NEED the lock slow cause we have 2 ppl do it and we tried it one day when the lock was absent and it was terrible with a 50% slow. Also locks lose less damage than hunters do when they multi dot the boss and the adds. We actually stopped dps a bit on 10 man cause we were killing it too fast with the lock on add duty.

I guess in 25 man you can put more dps on the add so it dies faster. Not entirely sure how it works.

Deleted
    In 10 man you NEED the lock slow cause we have 2 ppl do it and we tried it one day when the lock was absent and it was terrible with a 50% slow. Also locks lose less damage than hunters do when they multi dot the boss and the adds. We actually stopped dps a bit on 10 man cause we were killing it too fast with the lock on add duty.

I guess in 25 man you can put more dps on the add so it dies faster. Not entirely sure how it works.
    I really can't touch this topic, I only have experience in our 25 man group. We had 2 Hunters controlling the adds from the beginning till the final boss and at that point we had 3 Mages help out as well. We (Hunters and Mages) were on the adds full-time until the boss reached a certain percentage of HP. At certain points we gradually had Mages switch off and start nuking the boss while we Hunters kept controlling the adds as much as we could. At the final 20-ish percent we just ignored the adds and burned the boss.

This was our very first kill however so our tactics and everything weren't perfected and we had a couple of deaths near the end due to all the panic and chaos. I'm sure a lot of things could have been improved, but this is how we did it in the one kill I was there.

What do you guys think in terms of managing stacks in the raid:

currently, I'm thinking 3 stacks on the add killers, 6 on the ranged nukes (who don't have to worry about the interrupts/cleanses/etc) and then 1 refresh on the add killers, before we start stacking it in melee.

We're doing Heroic Elite attempts, and we're losing ground on Corrupted Waters in p2 when the DPS is split really far with 2 add killers, 3 melee playing at less than 100% because they're sitting on interrupts on Asani, and a tank kiting Kaolon around the edge (gotta 2 tank Heroic Elite as well). I'm thinking if we stack 6 on the non-add killing ranged who're just sitting there like pros, the corrupted waters will be a breeze provided we keep them refreshed on stacks.