Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Blood, Runic Empowerment VS Runic Corruption?

I am just wondering if anyone has found one better than he other, I am currently running with empowerment and it seems to be ok, I have used corruption too but I wasn't sure if one is truly better than the other. Does anyone have a strait answer or is it unclear?
    Lead Game Designer

YouTube Channel

https://www.youtube.com/@Nateanderthal

Something that i've really come to like about RC is that while getting maximum benefit out of it, you get to keep a death strike in reserve. While RE may give the most DS per minute, it doesn't let you have one when you need it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nangz View Post
    Something that i've really come to like about RC is that while getting maximum benefit out of it, you get to keep a death strike in reserve. While RE may give the most DS per minute, it doesn't let you have one when you need it.

That is interesting, it sounds like RC might be more consistent with the 20% faster rune regeneration from blood.
    Lead Game Designer

YouTube Channel

From a purely survival oriented standpoint, Blood Tap is unprecedented due to the nature of banking charges for when they're needed.
    Vereesa formerly of Paragon and Depraved
    WCL

Quote Originally Posted by Vereesà View Post
    From a purely survival oriented standpoint, Blood Tap is unprecedented due to the nature of banking charges for when they're needed.
    Ya there are a lot of people who like that one too, IMO they should make it baseline again but I don't know, I prefer passives over uses, I might give it a try though.
    Lead Game Designer

YouTube Channel

The problem with manual Blood Tap as blood is that I find myself never using it, a lot like BFG ammo in shooters, and it sits at cap. So my overall damage taken rises when compared to RE or RC. If you have the discipline to use those Blood Tap charges when or shortly after you hit 10 charges, even when you don't strictly need it, go for it. Or if you're in a fight where you could be 2-shot on a regular basis, definitely go with manual BT.

Of course you can macro it into rune strike and get the same rune generation as Runic Corruption but death runes, in exchange for less consistent Death Strike intervals because it's only one rune at a time.

That last one is what I actually do.
    Last edited by Schizoide; 2013-01-21 at 08:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    The problem with manual Blood Tap as blood is that I find myself never using it, a lot like BFG ammo in shooters, and it sits at cap. So my overall damage taken rises when compared to RE or RC. If you have the discipline to use those Blood Tap charges when or shortly after you hit 10 charges, even when you don't strictly need it, go for it. Or if you're in a fight where you could be 2-shot on a regular basis, definitely go with manual BT.

Of course you can macro it into rune strike and get the same rune generation as Runic Corruption but death runes, in exchange for less consistent Death Strike intervals because it's only one rune at a time.

That last one is what I actually do.
    Interesting, really it should be off of global CD if it were to truly compete with the passives.
    Lead Game Designer

YouTube Channel

Err, Blood Tap is off the GCD, otherwise you couldn't macro it into anything. That was a major battle we won in mid-beta. It was on the GCD for a single beta patch, and it sucked.

Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    Err, Blood Tap is off the GCD, otherwise you couldn't macro it into anything. That was a major battle we won in mid-beta. It was on the GCD for a single beta patch, and it sucked.
    Oh sweet, then I might actually take a look at it now!
    Lead Game Designer

YouTube Channel

10+ Year Old Account
    As a blood dk with considerable skill and experience, i'm already used to having to micro manage both my runes and runic power, blood charges is another resource for me to micro manage, thus giving me more control over my survivability.

All the best tanks I talk to in general LOVE control over their survivability, not even just dks, and blood tap is just more control.
    Walking with a friend in the dark is better than walking alone in the light.
    So I chose the path of the Ebon Blade, and not a day passes where i've regretted it.
    I am eternal, I am unyielding, I am UNDYING.
    I am Zethras, and my blood will be the end of you.

Certainly. At the highest levels of play manual Blood Tap has the highest skill cap. RC has no actual gameplay at all, and RE you just game against blood runes.

A lot of it comes down to your tolerance for micromanagement. I don't use Plague Leech either.

10+ Year Old Account
    Didn't the DK Math Gods™ math all this stuff out? BT > RC > RE for control/survival, and RC > BT >= RE for dps, with how much control you want being the deciding factor between BT and RC?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Omertocracy View Post
    Didn't the DK Math Gods™ math all this stuff out? BT > RC > RE for control/survival, and RC > BT >= RE for dps, with how much control you want being the deciding factor between BT and RC?
    I think that RE is actually the best possible choice for dps.

Deleted
    RE is useless for a blood dk, I think it's slightly higher dps than the other options but not having any control over your death strikes is a massive survivability hit. Blood tap is a must on fights with heavy burst damage (e.g. sha, ta'yak) and on the rest it's basically preference (I use RC).

Quote Originally Posted by Cookie View Post
    RE is useless for a blood dk, I think it's slightly higher dps than the other options but not having any control over your death strikes is a massive survivability hit. Blood tap is a must on fights with heavy burst damage (e.g. sha, ta'yak) and on the rest it's basically preference (I use RC).
    I actually find using any other then RE impacts my survivability more.

I have been playing a DK since Beta, so RE Gaming is just second nature, if this isn't the case for you then more power to your choice, but I always forget to manage my Blood Charges well, so I do better just keeping with the old standby.

Hasn't gotten me killed yet, granted I spend more time DPSing.

But, the point is mostly that it's a 'feel' thing, though RE Gaming does provide the most statistical runes per minute if I remember Euliat's sim correctly.
    Zombie Vampire Werewolf

Heres the issue with RE...

You have xBxFxU, and want to dump RP, so you pop your last DS to give you xBxxxx

You dump 60 RP on 2 rune strikes and only get 1 proc

now you have xBxDxx and still can't death strike. Congratulations, it's a DS gap!

This is what would normally be fixed with the old version of Blood Tap, but with that no longer existing you will be left with this unusable set of runes (1 blood 1 death) quite often. Compare this to BT, which basically allows for a reserve DS. I mean even if you don't play BT well, at worst you are going to lose resource throughput. Even in that scenario, you still have a DS waiting. In other words, non-perfectly played BT still gives better survivability than gamed RE. Or compare it to RC, which only requires a single proc to shorten a DS gap AND requires no extra focus to perform. BT brings control, RC brings consistency, and RE brings DS gaps. Which will you choose?
    Last edited by Reniat; 2013-01-21 at 11:47 PM.

I still stick with RE, Blood Tap feels odd to me, and again it's a matter of preference. We had this discussion in depth in Beta, and the overall consensus was; "Do what you want, as long as you don't suck at every other part of the class, you'll muddle through."
    Zombie Vampire Werewolf

Yes, the tier really works well for blood. All 3 choices have their fine points, and there are no real wrong choices. Unfortunately that doesn't hold up for the DPS specs, but that's a different thread.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Murdos View Post
    I actually find using any other then RE impacts my survivability more.

I have been playing a DK since Beta, so RE Gaming is just second nature, if this isn't the case for you then more power to your choice, but I always forget to manage my Blood Charges well, so I do better just keeping with the old standby.

Hasn't gotten me killed yet, granted I spend more time DPSing.

But, the point is mostly that it's a 'feel' thing, though RE Gaming does provide the most statistical runes per minute if I remember Euliat's sim correctly.
    Well, you're allowed to gimp yourself (though I don't see why you can't use RC, anything beats RE and RC definitely isn't hard to use:P) but RE is still by far the worst option for tanking, that you might end up with slightly more runes/min is quite frankly irrelevant.

10+ Year Old Account
    RC. Just RC. Even math folks say its RC.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.