Thread: Grimtotem

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Grimtotem

Hey, i would like to know if the Grimtotem were really aligned with the forsaken in the past? and if they were in the past... are they still allies now? or were they allies with the scourge and not the forsaken?

I saw some especulation on wowpedia about these, but theres no much information about these after cataclysm, we did not saw any connection between the forsaken and the grimtotem after they were taken out of the horde, those that mean that they are not allis anymore? or are they still allies in the shadows?
    Last edited by Maxilian; 2013-01-15 at 03:47 PM.

RE: Forsaken, nice find! But I suspect that the Grimtotem were merely using the Forsaken to better their own efforts against the Bloodhoof leadership.

RE: Horde - I think that Garrosh is too ashamed, infuriated, to make any shadowy dealings with the Grimtotem. He greatly regretted the cost of Magatha's betrayal and I think that precludes any chance that the Grimtotem have of rejoining the Horde.

RE: Alliance - well, that's interesting... perhaps the Alliance could welcome in the Grimtotem, and hey ho Alliance have playable Tauren in the future

Deleted
    The Grimtotem had dealings with the Scourge, not the Forsaken. It is tied to how the Scourge sits in Razorfen Downs with the Quilboar. Not sure about the details but their used to be quests to gather the correspondence.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ciarán View Post
    The Grimtotem had dealings with the Scourge, not the Forsaken. It is tied to how the Scourge sits in Razorfen Downs with the Quilboar. Not sure about the details but their used to be quests to gather the correspondence.
    Cool, but now that the Grimtotem are not part of the Horde anymore, wouldn't it be really cool for them to appear again and make ally themself once again with the scourge that's left?

Deleted
    In Stonetalon Mountains, the Grimtotem had an 'alliance' with the Alliance, there are a few Grimtotem NPCs that are friendly and unattackable to/by alliance players.

Quote Originally Posted by maxilian View Post
    Hey, i would like to know if the Grimtotem were really aligned with the forsaken in the past? and if they were in the past... are they still allies now? or were they allies with the scourge and not the forsaken?

I saw some especulation on wowpedia about these, but theres no much information about these after cataclysm, we did not saw any connection between the forsaken and the grimtotem after they were taken out of the horde, those that mean that they are not allis anymore? or are they still allies in the shadows?
    The Alliance does make a semi treaty with the grimtotem in Stonetalon near the end of the questing chain in the zone. If it's going to lead to anything still has yet to be determined.

Quote Originally Posted by risingforce View Post
    RE: Forsaken, nice find! But I suspect that the Grimtotem were merely using the Forsaken to better their own efforts against the Bloodhoof leadership.
    probably

RE: Horde - I think that Garrosh is too ashamed, infuriated, to make any shadowy dealings with the Grimtotem. He greatly regretted the cost of Magatha's betrayal and I think that precludes any chance that the Grimtotem have of rejoining the Horde.
    Baine may forgive them for their attempted usurping, as Cairne allowed them to stay in Thunder Bluff.

RE: Alliance - well, that's interesting... perhaps the Alliance could welcome in the Grimtotem, and hey ho Alliance have playable Tauren in the future
    Not if the Night Elves have anything to say about it.

---------- Post added 2013-01-15 at 03:55 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by GuniorBinda View Post
    In Stonetalon Mountains, the Grimtotem had an 'alliance' with the Alliance, there are a few Grimtotem NPCs that are friendly and unattackable to/by alliance players.
    In Thousand Needles Sentinels are under assault by them; I assumed this clear lack of communication between human forces and night elves was intentional but it could just be devs forgetting their story line.

10+ Year Old Account
    would be interesting to see how that goes. magatha is a smart ole cow

10+ Year Old Account
    Not entirely true. Prior to Cataclysm Magatha would admit she was the one that convinced the tauren of Thunder Bluff to let the Forsaken set up shop in that mushroom cave they have there. She would say she did that because of her "altruistic" desire to help the Forsaken find a cure for their condition, but it was implied she had secret dealings with them and some of the Forsaken there were answering to her before anyone else. Now that she got kicked out of TB I'm not sure whether to feel safer those undeads no longer have her poisonous influence on them... or afraid they lost their only leash.

In the future, when Sylvanas finally go bat shit insane and openly betray the Horde (she'll be a raid/expansion boss, calling it!), I bet will hear more from those guys too, and it'll be bad news for everyone.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Constellation View Post
    probably

Baine may forgive them for their attempted usurping, as Cairne allowed them to stay in Thunder Bluff.

---------- Post added 2013-01-15 at 03:55 PM ----------

In Thousand Needles Sentinels are under assault by them; I assumed this clear lack of communication between human forces and night elves was intentional but it could just be devs forgetting their story line.
    The Alliance had a temporal alliance with the Grimtotem, they allied themself only for the Stonetalon Mountains fight against the Horde, but in the end they are still enemies...

---------- Post added 2013-01-15 at 10:33 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Galbrei View Post
    Not entirely true. Prior to Cataclysm Magatha would admit she was the one that convinced the tauren of Thunder Bluff to let the Forsaken set up shop in that mushroom cave they have there. She would say she did that because of her "altruistic" desire to help the Forsaken find a cure for their condition, but it was implied she had secret dealings with them and some of the Forsaken there were answering to her before anyone else. Now that she got kicked out of TB I'm not sure whether to feel safer those undeads no longer have her poisonous influence on them... or afraid they lost their only leash.

In the future, when Sylvanas finally go bat shit insane and openly betray the Horde (she'll be a raid/expansion boss, calling it!), I bet will hear more from those guys too, and it'll be bad news for everyone.
    I hope not, i don't want Sylvanas to become a raid boss (We already killed her before in a dungeon, why do you want to kill her again D, but i also think that if that does happen it would be cool if the Forsakens and the Grimtotems make an alliance or something.

The Alliance had a temporal alliance with the Grimtotem, they allied themself only for the Stonetalon Mountains fight against the Horde, but in the end they are still enemies...
    Ya, I'm well aware of that. NO one seems to be aware of the fact that the Grimtotem attacked Night Elves in new Thalanaar. And not just a scouting party, it's a massive invasion out of Thousand Needles. The Alliance quest arc sends you back to aid the Sentinels and the Horde Tauren in retaking Freewind Post, which the Grimtotem overran. The Grimtotem shouldn't even be a consideration for the Alliance.

---------- Post added 2013-01-15 at 04:40 PM ----------

(We already killed her before in a dungeon, why do you want to kill her again D
    Because killing her shade in End Time is meaningless and not satisfying as killing her over and over and over again in a raid for epix and doing so knowing full well she is dead and gone in lore, as she should've been long ago.

wtb godfrey memory quest were you shoot her in the face with a shotgun.

Deleted
    Apart from Alliance/Horde relations, are Tauren and Night Elves actually enemies race-to-race? I wasn't aware of that. I thought that the two races got on fairly well in the past, and it's only because of their allegiances now they fight each other. They're both linked in Druidism.

That question was a bit off-topic, so what about the Grimtotem? Have they actually done anything against the Night Elves? Because otherwise, I see the dustwallow relationship between Humans and Grimtotem as a possible chance for Alliance Tauren, as Risingforce said!

EDIT: Sorry, I didn't see your post Maxilian.

that's false. the grimtotem tauren had deals with the forsaken. the quilboar had a deal with the scourge. different races that live nearby.

but it appears the forsaken don't have any interest on helping the grimtotem now that they were kicked out of the horde. considering the forsaken have been sleeping in the doghouse since the wrathgate, I guess that's pretty normal lol
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

Were the forsaken testing the plague on grimtotem tauren in classic? I know it was tauren in undercity, but i'm not sure of what tribe.

Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    that's false. the grimtotem tauren had deals with the forsaken. the quilboar had a deal with the scourge. different races that live nearby.

but it appears the forsaken don't have any interest on helping the grimtotem now that they were kicked out of the horde. considering the forsaken have been sleeping in the doghouse since the wrathgate, I guess that's pretty normal lol

Grimtotem tribe never were in Horde in first place. You had them hostile in Vanilla.

Now some Grimtotems (as a clan name) are/were in Horde. Their leader is Jevan Grimtotem.

Speculation about Scourge connection comes from this
    http://www.wowpedia.org/Secret_Note

Although I always thought of Twilight Hammer.

10+ Year Old Account
    I know many who RP as Grimtotem on the rp server I'm on, they having cast themselves out of there own tribe to serve the horde.
    #boycottchina

Deleted
    They don't.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    I know many who RP as Grimtotem on the rp server I'm on, they having cast themselves out of there own tribe to serve the horde.
    Yea, I actually do that with my Tauren. It's quite interesting to tell people that I am a Grimtotem, lol. But yea, the Grimtotem as a tribe will not serve the Horde again. And the Alliance will never have a permenant alliance with them either. Mostly due to how shady they are.

Quote Originally Posted by NatureDrake View Post
    Apart from Alliance/Horde relations, are Tauren and Night Elves actually enemies race-to-race? I wasn't aware of that. I thought that the two races got on fairly well in the past, and it's only because of their allegiances now they fight each other. They're both linked in Druidism.
    The Sentinels were helping Horde Tauren retake Freewind Post as part of a counter-offensive against the Grimtotem which also springs off into an attack on the Twilight's Hammer.

That question was a bit off-topic, so what about the Grimtotem? Have they actually done anything against the Night Elves? Because otherwise, I see the dustwallow relationship between Humans and Grimtotem as a possible chance for Alliance Tauren, as Risingforce said!

EDIT: Sorry, I didn't see your post Maxilian.
    In Dustwallow the Grimtotem burned a human Inn to the ground and blamed it on the Horde. And the Grimtotem launched an attack on new Thalanaar in Feralas which leads in to the Thousand Needles quests. They aren't friends at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Voyager View Post
    They don't.
    As the only Alliance power in Kalimdor, ya, they do actually.

Deleted
    As the only Alliance power in Kalimdor, ya, they do actually.
    Ashenvale wouldn't be occupied by orcs if Night Elves had any say in Alliance matters. Varian doesn't care the slightest, even Malfurion doesn't seem to care.