Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Zilong View Post
    Just like you...and the quests in tera, and the pvp and all else.

Back on topic then :O..
    Kudos for brevity this time. :>

Quote Originally Posted by Mirve View Post
    I'd rather they take out BOTH dungeons and wvw off those dailies/monthly
    I don't really mind WvW there since I like killing people , but I understand and agree it shouldn't be there. As for fractals and dungeons I much rather it taken out than WvW to be honest hahah.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zilong View Post
    I don't really mind WvW there since I like killing people , but I understand and agree it shouldn't be there. As for fractals and dungeons I much rather it taken out than WvW to be honest hahah.
    I don't mind the WvW either, the dungeons i know that by not liking them i can hinder everyone else on the group and the group won't progress.
    The WvW im just one in the zerg, hardly matters, its just convinience for me, i'd rather not do something that i don't enjoy.
    If they keep both out of the dailies/monthly it would be great, if i must do WvW , eh.. so be it. Dungeons, no thanks.

This. Ideally I'd prefer to see monthlies executed the same way event meta achievements are with a long list of available activities, but only having to do a certain amount of them, whichever caters to your playstyle.

I'm still concerned about the revamped dailies. I like them the way they are. The fact that they say at first you'll have to do all of the tasks bothers me as well, especially since they seem focused on forcing people into every aspect of the game. Sorry, but I do not want to play Keg Brawl and if that's part of the daily I will not be pleased.

I also don't like the "hot spots" idea either. Dozens of people crowding into the same area to complete the same task? That doesn't sound like fun, that sounds like lag and frustration. I don't play on a ghost server, this is definitely Overflow incoming.

OT: I'd give my thoughts on Tera, but it'd be an essay. :P

I don't mind the WvW either, the dungeons i know that by not liking them i can hinder everyone else on the group and the group won't progress.
    The WvW im just one in the zerg, hardly matters, its just convinience for me, i'd rather not do something that i don't enjoy.
    If they keep both out of the dailies/monthly it would be great, if i must do WvW , eh.. so be it. Dungeons, no thanks.
    I like the dungeon I just dislike doing them for the monthly lol. And since Ive done them I'm just eagerly waiting for the boss re-vamp on them which might take a while. On WvW I usually go solo to find solo duos to "duel with", I only go with zergs if I'm not in the mood to think haha, had amazing battles and fights just like that, I remember showing my friend the game on his laptop and how WvW worked....I was playing in a very bad position with the mouse on the sofa, and yet I was able to kill 1v1 3 times. First a Elementalist then a Guardian came to help him, I killed the Ele and ran across half the map running away from the guardian lol (I thought I couldnt kill him with my mesmer) and I finally said "That's it.." and had a epic huge duel for 4 mins including both getting downed and getting up by killing a random enemy npc on the map...when I finally beat him a engineer came and we dueled, took me alot less to kill him. It was an awesome way to show the game to my friend lol.

personally I hate the fact that everybody has to do the daily each day, that each daily should be catered to everyone. Dailies, in my Opinion like all achievments, should reward players for extraordinary deeds. So what I would love to see: much more unique dailies, where some of them are too hard for the standard player. I hate those stupid "you logged in - wow super!! - achievements".

My designed daily would probably look like this:

do 4/6 of those:
    -) win at least 3 of 5 Kegbrawl games.
    -) defeat a champion in one of these 3 maps: x, y, z without dying
    -) find Jumpingpuzzle "y" and get through
    -) do the xy-explorer achievement (hint: you find it in map ... )
    -) kill a world-boss without dying
    -) survive a fall with less than 10% life

after a while, when there are 30 minigames and more interesting WvW, I would split achievements into:

-) PvE daily achievements
    -) Dungeon daily achievements
    -) WvW daily achievements
    -) Minigames daily achievements
    Last edited by Maarius; 2013-01-24 at 05:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Maarius View Post
    snip
    I think it would be a good idea if they made a system like that maarius. Giving you your daily and monthlys depending on what you actually do. Like if you do kegbrawl a lot it will be one of your dailys. If you don't touch wvwvw it won't show up (or very rarely show up) as a monthly

The "issue" with that idea is that you're rewarding people for things they already do.
    The goal of dailies and monthlies is to get people interested in other sides of the game (I'm not saying this is actually working as intended).
    Meaning that you're just "handing out" items for no effort.

Quote Originally Posted by Meledelion View Post
    The "issue" with that idea is that you're rewarding people for things they already do.
    The goal of dailies and monthlies is to get people interested in other sides of the game (I'm not saying this is actually working as intended).
    Meaning that you're just "handing out" items for no effort.
    Um no

This game is designed with little restrictions as possible and Anet designed a game where you do what you want and get rewarded without restrictions (which is why they are putting in rewards for other areas such as dailys). Such as going back to other zones if you want or just doing fractals if you are only interested in dungeons. It's a "do what you feels fun" game. Giving WvW monthly to a person who can't stands WvW doesn't make much sense.

Dailys should be things you have been doing daily. Making them... dailys. Not to mention in the future you can choose 4/6 dailys. Having you choose what you want and do in the game.

Those choices though should be chosen from what you already have been doing in the game.
    Last edited by zito; 2013-01-24 at 12:24 PM.

We disagree on the definition of what a daily is. Hence I shall no longer try to carry on with this conversation since we have no common ground to start from.

(my definition of daily: An (set of) activity(s) that you get rewarded for doing, which change daily)

(my definition of daily: An (set of) activity(s) that you get rewarded for doing, which change daily, based on things you like to do daily)
    fix't

GO MESMERS

10+ Year Old Account
    Well if dailies are going to be based on what I do on a daily bases it'd have to stay as is because I bounce from thing to thing quite crazily... And I prefer the more "generic" system than the idea mentioned previously about specific achievements.
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

I'm in the middle on this one. I don't necessarily need dailies to remain what I actually do every day. I don't do jumping puzzles every day, but if it were the daily I'd go do it.

I do think the following could be problematic:

-) defeat a champion in one of these 3 maps: x, y, z without dying
    -) find Jumpingpuzzle "y" and get through
    -) kill a world-boss without dying
    Right now the daily's very convenient for people who don't have much time. Supposedly they've increased the rate of DEs occurring, but I rarely ever see world bosses so that instantly becomes one that would be an issue to complete. Champions are another thing you have to already be fairly familiar with the game to know where they are (and hope they haven't already been killed). Since not all jumping puzzles are created equal that's another one that could take 5 minutes or 50. Maybe that'd work for a monthly, but unless it's one of the easier ones I don't think it's adequate for a daily.

I would prefer dailies be more game play than task oriented, I suppose. I mean, I don't care play against other players in any capacity, so that's an automatic write-off for anything that requires it be it WvW or Keg Brawl. I'm all for anything that can be soloed (and within a reasonable amount of time for a daily). So, maybe there are soloable things out there in the world I wasn't aware of or don't usually do, as long as I'm not having to LFG I'll usually be up for it.

after a while, when there are 30 minigames and more interesting WvW, I would split achievements into:

-) PvE daily achievements
    -) Dungeon daily achievements
    -) WvW daily achievements
    -) Minigames daily achievements
    This is what I hope they eventually go with, breaking things down into categories like this would be great.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dailies should be relatively fast to accomplish, we already know what happened when blizzard made people do dailies for hours in MoP, people complained. Waiting for world bosses to spawn to complete a daily isn't a good idea either, people with limited time schedules could never complete it then.
    Dailies should remain around what they already are, Kill X mobs, Y Variety , Collect Z materials, and complete a few events.
    The other two could rotate, but atm i have no ideas to offer, maybe complete a jumping puzzle, or complete a event underwater, dunno. This would match with Anets idea that we could choose 4 out of 6.
    Then the people that just wanted it done fast or didn't like the 2 rotational daily criteria could always complete the daily and get the reward and some progress towards whatever items they currently want, while people looking for some challenge could tackle the 2 rotational achievements (which should either take some time to complete, i.e. World boss) or just be hard (complete Fractals on X level, complete Path Y of Dungeon Z) and be rewarded with some aditional karma, maybe even a extra laurel or 2 (we don't know what items actually cost this is just a random number), maybe both so that some people would feel rewarded for some extra commitment on a particular day.

They should both be in... but they should both be a possibility, not "grind this every fucking month woooooohhooooo"

They should use the monthly to get you to do different/intersting things... i.e. the jumping puzzle one was great. Fractals was great to have the first month they introduced it to make everyone try it. But yeah... every month the same... c'mon gaiz.

Maarius is on the right track.

Quote Originally Posted by Karizee View Post
    [url]Flame and Frost: Prelude is the prologue to a multi-stage narrative that will bring big changes to Guild Wars 2 in the months to come.

Oh, and baby Quaggan backpack!
    Oh boy, another laggy event coming up.

I hope they dont fail as hard as with The Lost Shores. :/
    Draenor EU: Archavious - Level 120 Warlock ; Loaen - Level 120 Demon Hunter ; Arathia - Level 120 Paladin ; Mitosis - Level 110 Priest ; Toreck - Level 110 Hunter ; Aeralinde - Level 110 Mage ; Crikey - Level 110 Warrior

Quote Originally Posted by aevitas View Post
    Oh boy, another laggy event coming up.

I hope they dont fail as hard as with The Lost Shores. :/
    I guess you haven't played during Wintersday - the latest new contentupdate, which was great. Devs learned a lot from the previous events.

I guess you haven't played during Wintersday - the latest new contentupdate, which was great. Devs learned a lot from the previous events.
    Yep, they learned VERY MUCH. And the biggest mistake on the Karka event I think it was the invite the friend thing. I mean it was the first real "bigger" update content, why the heck would they overload themselves on it? I think it would be much more smarter even into marketing strategy to make it much more memorable event out of it for players and have the word spread out than make a bad decision like that and have everyone unhappy. I liked Lost Shores but that final event sucked cause I couldn't move straight (Alas I finished it o/)

Honestly Anet really needs to get those sweet content updates and make it stay. The tower defense game from the Wintersday was beyond awesome and fun, so was the "Hide and seek" halloween one. Why the hell they don't make those events in a non-themed-holiday form where everyone can enjoy at any given time? I would probably still be playing those if they were available.

10+ Year Old Account
    The fine folk at Guildcast discuss the upcoming patch and goes into the behind the scenes interview with ZAM.

http://www.gamebreaker.tv/guildcast-show-page/

Some very interesting stuff!
    Valar morghulis