Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Karizee View Post
    The fine folk at Guildcast discuss the upcoming patch and goes into the behind the scenes interview with ZAM.

http://www.gamebreaker.tv/guildcast-show-page/

Some very interesting stuff!

I do enjoy watching the gamebreaker shows from time to time but honestly not a big fan of Elisabeth she just gushes to much over GW2 I find it a bit annoying I like hosts then can see holes or flaws with things and not all unicorn and rainbows all of the time. With the good there is always some room for improvement in all games so I'm more partial to hosts that look at both sides of the fence.
    Last edited by Azuri; 2013-01-25 at 06:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Karizee View Post
    The fine folk at Guildcast discuss the upcoming patch and goes into the behind the scenes interview with ZAM.

http://www.gamebreaker.tv/guildcast-show-page/

Some very interesting stuff!
    I simply can't watch that. Always found it a bit awkward XD and 2 hours of it it's too much. Would be good if you could post here the interesting stuff lol.

It kind of irritated me that they had 2 hours of that guildcast but didn't even go over the changes to Orr this upcoming patch.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    It kind of irritated me that they had 2 hours of that guildcast but didn't even go over the changes to Orr this upcoming patch.
    Their shows aren't very scripted with an a agenda I think Gary puts a few things down to talk about and the rest is just whimsical entertainment.

I enjoy the SWTOR one the most for the lolz.

Edge and I look forward to The Republic every week for the lolz.

I don't think any of the GBTV shows are overly serious. They aren't really "news" or pundits. It's basically entertainment- well produced, fan podcasts.

Quote Originally Posted by Azuri View Post
    Their shows aren't very scripted with an a agenda I think Gary puts a few things down to talk about and the rest is just whimsical entertainment.

I enjoy the SWTOR one the most for the lolz.
    Pretty sure gary doesnt do anything but read the list of topics and notes his producer hands him an hour or two beforehand then he just wings it.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeek Daniels View Post
    Pretty sure gary doesnt do anything but read the list of topics and notes his producer hands him an hour or two beforehand then he just wings it.
    Fairly sure that Gary is the producer, director, main actor/host, main everything for these shows.

Quote Originally Posted by Azuri View Post
    I do you enjoy watching the gamebreaker shows from time to time but honestly not a big fan of Elisabeth she just gushes to much over GW2 I find it a bit annoying I like hosts then can see holes or flaws with things and not all unicorn and rainbows all of the time. With the good there is always some room for improvement in all games so I'm more partial to hosts that look at both sides of the fence.
    Oh gods, this so much. I really can't stand the gamebreaker GW2 show because of that, really.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Fairly sure that Gary is the producer, director, main actor/host, main everything for these shows.
    Fairly sure the producers of the GB shows have been on camera and referenced before. A few of them even did the charity stream. :>

Gary is a pro though. Like an actual pro, as in professional, in video editing & mixing as well as television production. GBTV's shows are incredible quality in terms of consistent production. Even when Gary was using his living room as a studio, the quality of mix and editing in their shows was remarkable compared to other podcasts.

I give the devil his due when owed.

Related to this, I saw that Guildcast episode tonight.

I can understand how one could be annoyed at one the host's for enthusiasm. That's fine. But I do think they present a decently balanced POV as a foursome. Richie and Scott weren't over the moon about everything GW2 related. And in the past I saw Elisabeth be critical of certain aspects.

For a fan podcast, I think that is pretty okay. Guildcast is a LOT better than it was. Used to be unwatchable/painfully wrong &/or vapid.

Well yeah, gary was in television for 10 years, so he knows his stuff. Not sure how much they make over these shows though, can't be that much.

Well yeah, gary was in television for 10 years, so he knows his stuff. Not sure how much they make over these shows though, can't be that much.
    "Let me tell you about a deal they got going on at Netflix!"

I'm sure they do "okay" enough to keep the lights running and so on.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post

Related to this, I saw that Guildcast episode tonight.

I can understand how one could be annoyed at one the host's for enthusiasm. That's fine. But I do think they present a decently balanced POV as a foursome. Richie and Scott weren't over the moon about everything GW2 related. And in the past I saw Elisabeth be critical of certain aspects.
    Yeah I'm not denying that they know their content, you've got to have people who actually play the game and know it. I've seen other hosts which will remain nameless call mechanics "thingies" and mobs "swirly things" before. Yeah, No.

Don't get me wrong I'm not hating on her and the latest guildcast I don't recall any "gushyness" (is that a word?) but lol I've seen a few times in the past and I just kind of facepalmed. Enthusiasm is fine if I could be arsed I could give some time stamps from a couple of previous casts that stuck out to me but meh it's not worth it. My Marauder is waiting for me