Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Angry Is it really necessary to remove blanket silence in order to balance PvP?

I play a mage, and I can hardly-to-never land a kill on a healer or a defense heavy DPSer out of a deep freeze as frost, and that is chained with coldowns and a blanked silence after the stun otherwise they insta heal back. I am full malev plus upgraded weapon.

Warlocks actually got some better tools to manage healers and interrupt their cast such as stuns, disorient effects and fear itself, however, we depend totally on a single coldown to kill, and that is every 30 seconds.

The burst is high? yes, deep freeze + silence is deadly mix but under an offensive coldown usage, trinket etc, and that requires the target to cast his defensive coldowns to survive. It is right that way. A geared mage VS a geared player cannot land a kill under a normal deepfreeze coldown, i dare to say a freeze combo could lead the enemy to 50-60% of his HP @ 60% resi.

I love playing my mage, however, i cant see a future with it VS casters anymore. Shadow priests however, will still rock'em out.

What is the reason for the removal of those spells

Sorry about my crappy english!

How other classes can deal with deepfreeze + blanket silence combo?
    -> Mage: Blink out of the deep freeze or ice block out
    -> Shaman: Stonebulwark totem, grounding totem after deep freeze and healing back up (you are hybrid, depending your own heal is what you pay for)
    -> Warrior: spell reflection once nova'ed (these guys are the ones that many offensive coldowns and too little defensive ones but still)
    -> Rogue: Vanish, cloak of shadows, blind, smoke bomb (when nova'ed)
    -> DK: Spell immunity bubble (>_>)
    -> Paladins: Blessing of freedom, bubble, dispel nova.
    -> Monks: Spell immunity bubble, karma and some others i might not know
    -> Warlock: Bubbles, insta fear (for while), silence, pet stun, and all the crap
    -> Priest: Pain supression, guardian, dispersion, insta ranged fear, silence
    -> Druid: Bark Skin, Ursoc, vanish, insta heal after
    -> Hunter: (lol) Detterance, feight death + scatter shot, pet stun, silence shot, freedom (those are worst than us and blizz cant see it)

These are coldowns? yes, so is trinket, deep freeze + silence + pet nova + racial + all the crap we got as offensive cold owns

Possible Solutions: Give silence a dismishing return that puts immunity on the target against it for the next 10 seconds or so, that way you dont have to increase silence coldowns and you cant chain silence in high rated PVP.
    Last edited by Alvorea; 2013-01-22 at 03:55 PM.

But.. I am a rogue.

You are not supposed to kill a healer in a 1v1 fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazdum View Post
    You are not supposed to kill a healer in a 1v1 fight.
    Then remove 2x arena please.

But.. I am a rogue.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yes it's necessary. I can't remember the last time I actually saw one of my healers get locked out on a spell rather than just blanketed. The game has too much instant, unavoidable CC (5.2 is bringing some decent changes to that).
    Xrtn | Vengeful Gladiator | 90 Human Hunter
    Ascendancex | Hero of the Horde | 90 Draenei Shaman

Check out my stream >> HERE << 2300+ RBGs / Arena / Wargames!

Quote Originally Posted by Nitrix View Post
    Yes it's necessary. I can't remember the last time I actually saw one of my healers get locked out on a spell rather than just blanketed. The game has too much instant, unavoidable CC (5.2 is bringing some decent changes to that).
    They will never be even after patch, there is alot of silence immunity plus instant casting heals and absorbs.

But.. I am a rogue.

Quote Originally Posted by Palatinus View Post
    Did I miss something? Deepfreeze + blanket Silence combo.

Ways for classes to get out of it or to avoid it?
    Like the combo cooldown was/is just too low. Most of what you listed is "Can't do that while silenced" or "Can't do that while stunned". Yes you could use it before they do it, like spell reflect and anti-magic shell but these are all 'predict' abilities to safeguard you. Unless the mage is bad, they aren't going to throw a deep freeze into spell reflect or anti magic shell...? As long as the 'combo' takes away >50% of your hp nerfs are needed.
    Everyones combos can take you down these days, and mages are not exception

But.. I am a rogue.

There is too much instant shit in PvP. Both CC and Burst. It requires much less coordination and forethought to use blanket silences and instant CC. I hope the CS/Spell Lock and Cyclone changes weren't the end of the changes coming.

It's very frustrating to play against (it's too hard to counter), and it doesn't feel very rewarding for the player using it either (it's much more fun to give an inline CS on someone's heal than just chain a blanket after Deep Freeze, and it's also much more fun to land a Poly). Not really a good mechanic.
    Last edited by reckoner04; 2013-01-22 at 04:03 PM.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alvorea View Post
    They will never be even after patch, there is alot of silence immunity plus instant casting heals and absorbs.
    I do believe Blizzard realizes that instant-casts are getting out of hand and they're going to make adjustments for the upcoming seasons (probably pretty doubtful that they'll do anything significant for Season 13, but we can hope).

Everyones combos can take you down these days, and mages are not exception
    I deleted my post as cba to argue about it since I don't play anymore, but

1. That's pretty much why the game is in the state its in, and why I stopped playing lol. Warriors have got their combo nerfed, see no reason not to continue the trend with mages.

2. Its slightly different to other classes combos, at least before nerfs it was 30 seconds, even 45 seconds is short, compare that to warriors stacking TfB and 3 min cd on avatar, or rets 5 min guardian + 3 min wings. Yes you could say that they take you down the same but the cooldown is a lot longer. The damage is an issue, but even if that's how they want the game to be, the cooldown was/is just far too short - If you fail to get a kill on the first one, most likely due to defensive cds, just do it again in 45 seconds etc. The problem for mages is that their stun is tied to their damage, it would be better to not make their damage so low and ridiculous during shatter...but like...thats nothing new

Just a quick note, need to be careful here in what we are talking about. Yes in 2s, not being able to get a healer low is annoying but its pretty different story when you move into 3s and that 50% hp burst happens at the same time as your partners, again nothing new...but given that most mages comps all pretty much have the max amount of CC available to comps...it can be seen as pretty OP. Anyway...im out, cba lol
    Last edited by Palatinus; 2013-01-22 at 04:10 PM.

I'm not sure if you've noticed, but you aren't alone in a 2v2 match... also this doesn't actually support your argument at all.

Quote Originally Posted by reckoner04 View Post
    I'm not sure if you've noticed, but you aren't alone in a 2v2 match... also this doesn't actually support your argument at all.
    You are, when there is heal + dps on both sides. lol

Dontcha love 20 min matches? i do.

But.. I am a rogue.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account

Play a better comp with more CC or coordinate better with your teammate.

I thought when you play heal+dps there is one healer and one dps on each side... could be wrong though?

Deleted
    Good, you shouldn't be rewarded either way for missing your interrupt. Someone who fake casts and jukes you out should get rewarded for it and not you.

Spec Frost Jaw if you're so worried about it.

Theres a reason why 2s dont give rewards.

tip: dont play 2s.

As a mage dont play with a healer and then you sit healers...pretty simple!

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Healers are meant to be tough to kill in one v one situations. I rarely ever blanket silence - I only do it if stops a team mate being killed or stops the healer stopping the target from dying. I'm glad they are removing the blanket.

I play 2's with a Disco and I do 3's with a Warrior and Disco and you're right outside off Deep we don't do much. That's mages today unfortunately.

We still have a decent amount of CC and in 3's I spend my time CC'ing a lot and providing peels for my healer. I never deep unless a window presents itself where we can land a kill or force trinkets. I basically provide slows/peels/cc whilst popping out average dps.

Healers can cc too, not sure if you knew that.

Quote Originally Posted by mmines View Post
    Healers can cc too, not sure if you knew that.
    I mean... mage + healer is a no no setup, two DPS VS dps + heals is easy match for the heal double unless they idiot and let you faceroll them at opening. I love 2x's but it is kinda sad its unplayable unless you melee or hunter with heals.

But.. I am a rogue.