Resto Shaman in 5.2 (10m) ?

These days PTR notes are flying around - classes getting buffed and nerfed. But so far nothing for shaman. It feels a lot like Cata and the first year ("we feel resto shaman is in a good place").

I know raidbots.com isen't the truth about everything, but in 10 man heroic we could seriously need some help - would be nice to be more on par with holy pala's instead of being 15% behind.
    http://www.raidbots.com/dpsbot/Overa...00000000111111

That's just me, that think we are cursed and locked due our PVP performance ? Will we see any improvements to resto shaman's ?

In my guild I am usually top or tied with the holy paladin on every fight this expansion, except for queen where is he higher by a considerable amount. I feel perfectly comfortable with my shamans healing capabilities and I am in love with all the healing cooldowns we have now.

I posted something similar and received some nice responses. I'll link that thread here: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...ading-raidbots
    Basically I was informed that resto shaman are relatively weak in farm content due to the way our mastery works. Essentially, if the raid isn't getting to low health levels our heals hit for less and that accounts for how low we sit in raid bots. The only thing I could think of to balance this out would be to single out only a raids first kill on a boss and make some kind of graph off of that but that would be a huge chore and I'm sure the shaman community would point out some flaw in even that analysis.

10+ Year Old Account
    I suggest you read the thread that rmlunsford linked

10+ Year Old Account
    Seriously wish people would stop saying X class needs a buff because the world's top heroic raiders show we're 15% behind. Who cares about world first guilds? They are massively undergeared compared to the majority of us when we get to that content. The game should be balanced around that (which it always has been) and not world first scores.

Quote Originally Posted by zshikara View Post
    Seriously wish people would stop saying X class needs a buff because the world's top heroic raiders show we're 15% behind. Who cares about world first guilds? They are massively undergeared compared to the majority of us when we get to that content. The game should be balanced around that (which it always has been) and not world first scores.
    Well .. I've followed this discussion a long time. Now and back from Cata as well.

# I don't really care about top heroic guilds. But I do care about guilds and my own performance in my own "bracket", which is currently 9/16 heroic. In my experience, even when we progress it is quite hard to keep up.

# And it's also quite hard to educate the entire world, that : oh, healing meters and logs do not matter. At all. If one encounter shows 60/40 in favour of a pala versus a shaman, and next time 50/50 betweena pala and a druid/priest/monk, most players are likely to conclude, it is the shaman that is weak and getting carried. So no one has a problem explaining that to their raid team?