Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    It's worth 60$ because you will easly get 200-300 hours of gameplay for your money before the farming gets to boring, I'd demand more if I was sub but since it's buy and play forever it gives you want you deserver for 60$.

I payed like 30 for dishonored and I played through it in 4 hours, I dont care about achievements though, but I got like 400 hours in d3 without doing achievements and I payed only twice as much and I got 100 times as much for my money.

Quote Originally Posted by Speedlance View Post
    It's worth 60$ because you will easly get 200-300 hours of gameplay for your money before the farming gets to boring, I'd demand more if I was sub but since it's buy and play forever it gives you want you deserver for 60$.
    200-300 hours of gameplay? ROFLMAO!!!

I wouldn't be surprised if most people never made it past the sheer boredom of having to replay the same four acts three times just to get to inferno.

I own both d3 and tl2.

I bought d3 on sale during the holidays for $40.

Both games suffer from a lack of a community. TL2 doesnt even have server play, so guild support, global chat, lots of talking and comraderie really isnt going to exist there. D3 forces you to play on their servers, but they inexplicably impede the growth of an online community on purpose. It feels like playing an rpg on a 1980s console. You are alone.

TL2 is the more fun of the two gameplay-wise. The items are more interesting, and the pet is cooler.

Im considering checking out path of exile, but i dont know if they actually have robust, modern, in-game community tools d3 and TL2 lack.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    No absolutely not thankfully I got mine for free as for the other competing games TL II has the gameplay but I can't stand the graphics; PoE is the true successor to D2 however the f'ing graphics and combat makes me wanna gouge my eyes out overall I don't think any game right in terms of these 3 are exactly full price with the exception of PoE since It's technically free

D3 will definitely be in the bargain bin in 3-4 years.

Quote Originally Posted by bals View Post
    Get torchlight 2
    demo: http://store.steampowered.com/app/200710/ (on the right side there's a get demo, try the demo first)
    I honest to god can't figure out what all this hype about Torchlight is. Everyone's entitled to like whatever they want, but I found the first one to be dreadfully boring and generic and the demo of the second one felt awful to play.
    Quote Originally Posted by Novakhoro View Post
    I recommend shoulder surgery immediately... there's no way you didn't fuck it up with how hard you just reached.

I actually still play d2 pretty much every day. I had quit when i got tired of buggy game creation where you try to join a game and it just hangs for 20 seconds and says "failed to join". Then i found out that issue only happens on the useast server. Uswest is packed with players and no ftjs. Its great!

Quote Originally Posted by Grummgug View Post
    D3 will definitely be in the bargain bin in 3-4 years.
    3-4 years? It's rare for a PC game to stay full price for over a year. Expect it to be 20-30 bucks within the next year or two.
    Quote Originally Posted by Novakhoro View Post
    I recommend shoulder surgery immediately... there's no way you didn't fuck it up with how hard you just reached.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grummgug View Post
    I actually still play d2 pretty much every day. I had quit when i got tired of buggy game creation where you try to join a game and it just hangs for 20 seconds and says "failed to join". Then i found out that issue only happens on the useast server. Uswest is packed with players and no ftjs. Its great!
    I was a god in that game but... the whole graphics thing the whole I CAN'T SET IT IT TO A HIGHER resolution just pissed me off so g-dam bad like I like gameplay in general hence I can tolerate bad graphics FROM TIME TO TIME I just couldn't do it anymore I had to move on.

PoE didn't f'ing help -.-
    TL II has super cartoony graphics
    D3 well we all know what happened there

Deleted
    It's crap, wouldn't pay more than 10 $ for it.

---------- Post added 2013-01-22 at 06:35 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by ScottsdaleHokie View Post
    200-300 hours of gameplay? ROFLMAO!!!

I wouldn't be surprised if most people never made it past the sheer boredom of having to replay the same four acts three times just to get to inferno.
    Yeah more like 4 hours of gameplay with shitty plot that is so bad it makes you puke.

I have around 150 hours of gametime in D3, had fun, play it from time to time. I think it's worth it.

Regarding Trochlight 2. I got to Act 3 and stopped playing because a bug kept crashing my game. Came around patching it today, played for 15 minutes and stopped. The item system is ok, but the character control simple isn't on D3 level, just annoyed me. Also, combat isn't as good as D3 as well. D3 simple has a lot more polish when it comes to the basics of combat and control.

Path of Exile is going open beta tomorrow. Will try it, there are some really cool ideas in the game. I just fear (from what I have seen) that the combat isn't on D3 level. Will see how it is compared to D3, at least it's free (I just hope the servers will be stable at launch).

Quote Originally Posted by Veyne View Post
    3-4 years? It's rare for a PC game to stay full price for over a year. Expect it to be 20-30 bucks within the next year or two.
    True but d3 still is expected to receive strong support and 2 expansions so i think it will stay out of the bargin bin for a little while.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    roflmao. As I said to unholyground I beta tested it on a compaq desktop from 2004 was a single core 2.1ghz with 1gig ram and it still ran great.
    lol ill just wait for it to go on sale on steam for 4$
    Last edited by Unholyground; 2013-01-23 at 04:13 AM.
    Lead Game Designer

YouTube Channel

https://www.youtube.com/@Nateanderthal

Deleted
    I am amazed on just how much self centered people are, and just how much they like forcing their preferences on others. In all of your haste to recomend POE or TL2 has anyone ever taken the time to read the OP beyond the title?

The man says and I quote:
    I wouldn't really consider exploring to be a big part of it, but I quite like the controls and limited use of spells especially compared to what we have in WoW.
    Now why the hell would you recommend POE with it's extensive and complex skill system or TL2 for that mater with it's archaic skill tree more akin to D2.
    Last edited by mmoc94e579c637; 2013-01-23 at 10:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by -Apathy- View Post
    No absolutely not thankfully I got mine for free as for the other competing games TL II has the gameplay but I can't stand the graphics; PoE is the true successor to D2 however the f'ing graphics and combat makes me wanna gouge my eyes out overall I don't think any game right in terms of these 3 are exactly full price with the exception of PoE since It's technically free
    Mind you, ... this guy above has a Paragon level 100 ... that's around 1000 hours of gameplay (or more) in D3.

But at least he is sincere in stating TL2 has terrible graphics (and a MUCH slower pace and boring "everything" Legendary) while POE is indeed way behind the faster combat mechanics than D3 and has a terrible skill system which is a laugh really.

Sincerely Diablo 3 is the ONLY game with a high polished production, both in graphics and engine.

And I think whenever ONE game is getting played for a 1000 hours, you have to take in consideration when a guy says something about it.

Play D3 in small doses of 1 or 2 hours a day, or when you are in the mood and Diablo 3 is worth every buck.

Certainly when you would compare it with 98% of all those other games out there and view the numbers of hours played in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ratyrel View Post
    I certainly wouldn't pay full price for it. Torchlight II is A LOT cheaper and offers pretty much the same gameplay with less frustration, but also less polish.
    AND THAT is why it's $40 more. The polish is that important; it really is.

I bought D3 when it first came out and since I've had it, I've put in probably close to 200 hours. 200 hundred hours of entertainment for $60? I don't see how one could go wrong.

Its not worth $60. Since you know the game is a repetitive gear grind and has limited skills, it would probably be best if you just played the demo over and over again. Since the story is bad, grinding out the same area is what basically what you would be doing anyway if you bought the game.

Quote Originally Posted by lopk View Post

I bought D3 when it first came out and since I've had it, I've put in probably close to 200 hours. 200 hundred hours of entertainment for $60? I don't see how one could go wrong.
    Its not "200 hours of entertainment", its 4 hours of entertainment. "200 hours of entertainment in d3" is like watching a 2-hour long movie 100 times.(or to be more precise it would be watching 15-minute fragment over and over for 5-10 thousand times because it provides most xp/hour or elites/hour).

Playing a repetitive game for 200 hours does not mean that the game is worth 60$. I played minesweeper for 200 hours in my life. Does it mean that minesweeper is worth 60$. Would you pay 60$ for minesweeper?

So no. D3 is not worth 60$. Not in its current state.

Quote Originally Posted by lopk View Post

Now if only the polish could do away with that pesky server lag.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

Diablo 3 bulk of game play is derived from grinding the same areas for countless hours hoping for gear. It's a game that is so tedious that many gamers prefer to run bots until they have enough gold and or gear to progress. How I look at it is this; would final fantasy ii/iv been an enjoyable experience if the bulk of the game play was grinding for the pink tail. That would be ridiculous, however, Diablo 3 is basically this premise expounded on greatly.