Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Red face Macro's and Such!

What macros would you feral druids recommend? Currently the only macros I'm using are as follows:

#showtooltip Shred

/cast [stealth] Ravage
    /cast [nostealth] Ravage!
    /cast [nostealth] Shred

What this macro does is cast Ravage while stealthed, Ravage while Incarnation is active, and Shred while not in incarnation or stealthed.

#showtooltip

/cast [nostealth] Rake
    /cast [stealth] Pounce

This macro casts rakes while not stealth and pounce while stealthed. Its nice to be able to double tap 1 button and get 2 bleeds almost instantaneously.

#showtooltip

/cast Nature's Swiftness
    /cast Healing Touch

Casts instant healing touch. Have to double tap this though which can be rather annoying sometimes.

That's basically it so far. Any other recommendations on other macros? Still leveling this druid; hes currently level 61 so no real need for focus macros or anything along those lines atm.

Edit: Forgot to mention my "burst" macro

#showtooltip

/cast Incarnation
    /cast Berserk

Another Edit: Changed title seeing as there are now requests for boomkin macros. Maybe there is another thread we could move this discussion too or make this a Sticky for macros!? I don't know; Mods will figure it out!
    Last edited by Notamonk; 2013-01-25 at 04:35 PM. Reason: hur dur

Deleted
    The NS + HT macro always gets me out of my shapeshift, so I tend not to use that one. Are there any workarounds for that or do I just have to not have it macroed?

This happens to me as well; I usually just use it as an excuse to put up rejuv on myself and then hop back itnto cat form.

Cast sequence macro might work though, but honestly I'm terrible at macros. Might want to try something like this.

#showtooltip Nature's Swiftness
    /castsequence 1.5 Nature's Swiftness, Healing Touch

In theory this should cast Nature's Swiftness and 1.5 seconds later it will cast Healing Touch.

Deleted
    #showtooltip
    /cast Nature's Swiftness
    /console autounshift 0
    /cast [target=mouseover,exists] Healing Touch; Healing Touch
    /console autounshift 1

You're welcome.

Thanks Babuka!

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    /cast [stance:1] !Bear Form
    /cast [stance:2] !Aquatic Form
    /cast [stance:3] !Cat Form
    /cast [stance:4] !Travel Form
    /cast [stance:5] !Moonkin Form

Removes any slows/roots by instantly re-shifting into your current form (no gcd yay)

Quote Originally Posted by babuka View Post
    #showtooltip
    /cast Nature's Swiftness
    /console autounshift 0
    /cast [target=mouseover,exists] Healing Touch; Healing Touch
    /console autounshift 1
    You want to use help in that macro instead of exists. Otherwise if you mouseover something hostile it'll try to heal it. You can also make it resurrect dead people too:

#showtooltip
    /cast Nature's Swiftness
    /console autounshift 0
    /cast [target=mouseover,help] Healing Touch; [target=mouseover,dead] Rebirth; Healing Touch
    /console autounshift 1

Here's my burst macro. Useful in kitty spec for dps, and tank spec for not dying. Lifeblood line is only for herbalists, obviously.

#showtooltip
    /cast Incarnation
    /cast Nature's Vigil
    /cast [spec:2] Virmen's Bite; [spec:1] Potion of the Mountains
    /cast Lifeblood

Here's a macro for use with Dream of Cenarius spec. Press when you have Predatory Swiftness procced. Heals friendly mouseover target if you have one, otherwise it heals whatever your target is targeting (i.e. the tank), and if no mouseover or target of target, it follows normal spell targeting rules. Fails if the tank is out of range, unfortunately, but I don't think that's fixable in a macro.

#showtooltip
    /console autounshift 0
    /cast [target=mouseover,help][target=targettarget,help][] Healing Touch
    /console autounshift 1
    Last edited by Blencathra; 2013-01-22 at 11:37 PM.

If shift is held, you have a focus that is alive and hostile you can skullbash your focus without swapping targets, with ctrl held it will soothe your current target, otherwise skullbashes current target.
    #showtooltip
    /use [form:1/3,mod:shift,@focus,exists,nodead,harm] Skull Bash; [mod:ctrl] Soothe; [form:1/3] Skull Bash;

-----------
    I have bartender and I don't use bar paging, so most of my addons are simply shortcuts instead of having that to save room. Example:
    #showtooltip
    /use [form:3, nomod] 13
    /use [mod:shift] Nature's Swiftness; [mod:alt] Might of Ursoc; [form:3] Tiger's Fury; [form:1] Frenzied Regeneration; Wild Mushroom: Bloom
    If I'm in catform, it will use my on use agi trinket and tiger's fury. (They line up every third TF and I always TF before zerk), if I'm in bearform it will use Frenzied Regen, if I hold alt it is Might Of Ursoc and puts me into bear form, if I shift it is NS. If none of the above, Wild Mushroom: Bloom (for when I offspec resto)
    -------------
    #showtooltip
    /cast [mod:shift,@focus,exists] Entangling Roots; Entangling Roots

I bind this to mousewheel down, if I shift+mousewheel down roots my focus, otherwise my main target. I have the same for cyclone but bind to mousewheelup
    --------------
    #showtooltip
    /cast [mod:shift] Wild Charge; [mod:ctrl] Stampeding Roar; Dash

I bind this to C because it's comfortable to use for me. shift+C=wild charge, ctrl+c stamp roar, C=dash

things like this basically.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Crass1096 View Post

Removes any slows/roots by instantly re-shifting into your current form (no gcd yay)
    Thank you so much!

Edit: Btw if anyone dose not have anything against it i'll quote these in to my guide (Where your name will be mentioned for sharing the macro)

Not specifically a Feral macro but this is my powershift macro I use that functions like Crass1096's but with added functionality:

#showtooltip
    /cast [swimming] !Aquatic Form; [stance:1] !Bear Form; [stance:3] !Cat Form; [stance:5] !Swift Flight Form; [nostance , nocombat, noswimming, flyable][stance:5] !Swift Flight Form; !Travel Form
    Will powershift into any form you are currently in, will override form for seal when in water, will go in travel or flying form (from caster only and which ever is faster and allowed in the area) e.g Will powershift travel form in BGs but will override travel form for flight form in pandaria.
    Last edited by Juvencus; 2013-01-24 at 05:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Randaagulf View Post
    #showtooltip
    /use [form:1/3,mod:shift,target=focus,exists,nodead,harm] Skull Bash; [mod:ctrl] Soothe; [form:1/3] Skull Bash;
    You can make this a lot shorter by writing it like this (I had to replace the at sign with target= because this forum's spam filter is incompetent.). It does the same thing. You don't need exists,nodead because harm assumes both.

#showtooltip
    /use [form:1/3,mod:shift,target=focus,harm][form:1/3] Skull Bash; [mod:ctrl] Soothe

10+ Year Old Account
    #showtooltip Shred
    /cast [stealth] Ravage
    /cast [nostealth] Shred

You'd like to change this macro into this for PvP:

#showtooltip Ravage
    /startattack [nostealth]
    /cast [nostealth] Mangle
    /cast [stealth] Ravage

So you can save up your Ravage! proc for extra burst when actually needed.

Besides that I have MANY MANY more macros for abilities like Wild Charge. Here is one to Wild Charge to friendly enemies quickly:

#showtooltip
    /cancelform [help,exists]
    /cast [mod:shift,@focus][nomod,@mouseover,harm,exists][] Wild Charge

This macro will cancel any form when you have a friendly target targeted. Be sure to place this macro on the actionbars of your bear form and cat form though.

Dash/Stampeding Roar macro to cancel one of them when you want to cast the other:
    #showtooltip
    /cast Dash
    /cast Dash
    /cast Dash
    /cast Dash
    /cancelaura Stampeding Roar
    /cast Dash
    /cast Dash
    /cast Dash
    /cast Dash

#showtooltip [stance:1/3][]Stampeding Roar
    /cast Stampeding Roar
    /cast Stampeding Roar
    /cast Stampeding Roar
    /cancelaura Dash
    /cancelaura Dash
    /cancelaura Dash
    /cancelaura Dash
    /cast Stampeding Roar
    /cast Stampeding Roar
    /cast Stampeding Roar

This is a nice macro if you have boomkin as offspec or ever plan to play moonkin/feral in pvp/arena

#showtooltip
    /cast [spec:2,mod:shift,@focus][spec:2]Skull Bash; [spec:1,mod:shift/alt,@focus][spec:1,@mouseover,harm,exists][spec:1]Solar Beam

It casts skull bash when specced into your second spec (assuming your second spec is feral, otherwise you have to replace [spec:2] with [spec:1] and vica versa)

Standard macro like these also help A LOT:
    #showtooltip
    /startattack
    /cast Rake

#showtooltip
    /startattack
    /cast Shred

A mount macro:
    #showtooltip
    /cast [flyable,nomod]!Swift Flight Form; [noflyable,nomod] -Ground Mount-

I, myself got my rocket boosts in that macro on shift modifier though. But it's still a nice macro nonetheless

If you need any PvP macros in the future, you could always ask me. I've a ton of other macros (specifically PvP macros) for both feral and boomkin.

What do you guys think about using the Fae Silence glyph as a feral spec? Worth it? If so anyone know a macro that would allow you to go into bear form and cast this and shift back into cat form?

Also just wanted to say thank you for all of these macros. Myself and it appears many others are learning lots reading through these posts!

Edit: Thanks Terahertz. I will add you to friends and pm you if I have any further questions as far as pvp macros go. I do play boomkin offspec but atm because I'm only level 62 feral is just the way to go because of its ridiculous burst so I just use boomy for dungeons and dueling for funsies.
    Last edited by Notamonk; 2013-01-23 at 04:42 PM. Reason: Stuff and such.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Etapicx View Post
    Thank you so much!

Edit: Btw if anyone dose not have anything against it i'll quote these in to my guide (Where your name will be mentioned for sharing the macro)
    Fine by me

Quote Originally Posted by Crass1096 View Post

So this would instantly un-shift and re-shift whatever you're in?! I do like.
    Regen#1804 need NA overwatch friends.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks for these folks! Most helpful

Always looking for ways to consolidate buttons...
    ~Don't just rage the day away, try new things!~
    Warcraft: Shando - <FoE> - 110 Druid - Turalyon-US
    http://foeturalyon.enjin.com <Foe> Website, check us out!
    http://www.twitch.tv/shandi235 live stream my guild's raids, other stuff

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Regen View Post
    So this would instantly un-shift and re-shift whatever you're in?! I do like.
    Basically, yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Terahertz View Post

If you need any PvP macros in the future, you could always ask me. I've a ton of other macros (specifically PvP macros) for both feral and boomkin.

Wouldn't mind a few boomkin pvp macros.
    eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/shattered-hand/Andycandyy/advanced

Quote Originally Posted by Notamonk View Post
    What do you guys think about using the Fae Silence glyph as a feral spec? Worth it? If so anyone know a macro that would allow you to go into bear form and cast this and shift back into cat form?
    I don't know if it is possible to shift right back in cat form after you cast FF with the silence glyph, but for the moment I'm using this:

/cast [@focus,exists,harm,nodead] Growl
    /cast [@focus,exists,harm,nodead] Faerie Fire;[] Faerie Fire

Edit: Growling in a form, different than bear, will turn you into that [bear] form with no global CD.

If you have a focus target - let's say a healer - pressing it will instantly turn you in bear form and cast FF, with no GCD lost If you don't have a focus target, you will cast it on your current target.

This will not work in 5.2 because of the Growl change though :|
    Last edited by smooth_c; 2013-01-25 at 12:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by smooth_c View Post
    I don't know if it is possible to shift right back in cat form after you cast FF with the silence glyph, but for the moment I'm using this:

/cast [@focus,exists,harm,nodead] Growl
    /cast [@focus,exists,harm,nodead] Faerie Fire;[] Faerie Fire

Edit: Growling in a form, different than bear, will turn you into that [bear] form with no global CD.

If you have a focus target - let's say a healer - pressing it will instantly turn you in bear form and cast FF, with no GCD lost If you don't have a focus target, you will cast it on your current target.

This will not work in 5.2 because of the Growl change though :|
    I believe they are changing the way that growl works so instead of it automatically shifting you into bear form the tool tip is going to say "Requires Bear form". So you're going to have to be in bear form before you can use growl. /sadbearface