Page 25 of 39 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    I want to know what gives you any idea of sub races happening. It's never happened before in an MMO, and most of these "sub-races" are not sub at all. Human-Vrykul? Totally new race. Taunka? Sub-race. Frost Dwarf? Skin color.
    Oh, no, I don't have an idea of it happening.

I more-so just WANT it to happen.

Ever since I saw the Maghar in BC I've wanted to play one..as long as he stands upright.
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Looking for Gf

I hope this titanforged extra item level loot isn't the feature he was referring to.

Quote Originally Posted by Methusula View Post
    I hope this titanforged extra item level loot isn't the feature he was referring to.
    He tweeted that it's not.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    He tweeted that it's not.
    Have a source?

Quote Originally Posted by Uggorthaholy View Post
    Thanks but no thanks, Lora, for making me question everything in existence forever.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lora View Post
    Have a source?
    Last page.
    "Stop being a giant trolling asshole." - Boubouille
    "The Internet is built on complaints about asinine things" - prefect
    "Facts became discussable when critical thinking stopped being the focus of education."- Chonogo
    "Sometimes people confuse "We Don't Understand This Yet" with "Ooga Booga Space Magic" - Chazus

Have a source?
    Player: @Ghostcrawler is Thunderforged the new announcement? I like!

GC: Thunderforged is the controversial idea I mentioned weeks ago, not the cool unannounced feature from yesterday.

Have a source?
    His twitter LOL. Well i cant post it, i dont use twitter but heres a the exact convo.

Greg Street ‏@Ghostcrawler
    @Rastailian @oliviadgrace Thunderforged is the controversial idea I mentioned weeks ago, not the cool unannounced feature from yesterday.
    Last edited by kingriku; 2013-01-23 at 07:31 PM.
    "I hated hating Garrosh before it was cool."
    FOR THE HORDE!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Wow. Lora asked for a source and we just descended like the Furies didn't we? We were just waiting for that apparently...

I think the feature is gonna be a complete sideswipe. Something we haven't even guessed yet. Although looking at what other MMO's have brought to the table lately is prolly a good place to start.
    "Facts became discussable when critical thinking stopped being the focus of education."- Chonogo
    "Sometimes people confuse "We Don't Understand This Yet" with "Ooga Booga Space Magic" - Chazus

When thinking about LFD and LFR, both are things to bring more players together to do stuff. CRZ come into my mind when thinking about a way to bring more players together but it doesn't quite work because of some issues like too many players in one zone with fixed respawn timers so that it can take a long time to finish a specific quest. So why don't they change the way we do quests and get loot. The new world bosses in patch 5.2 will have a faction tag system where everybody from the same faction that tagged the boss will get a chance of getting loot from that boss. Why don't they spread this mechanic to all mobs. So it won't be negative when there are a lot of other people in a zone but positive because now you can play together without being in a group and it will encourage players to help each other because everybody will get loot, XP and the kill for the quest.

Forming a group will still have advantages when you have quests where you need to use items and they could give people in a group a buff that boosts XP gained or gold found or the chance to find an item of better quality.

That would be something that will change the community once again and maybe this time for the better. Rivalries between factions will still exist and there would still be a benefit of forming groups but the rivalries between players of the same faction where you let someone else die because you want to kill that rare mob would be gone.

I'm gonna guess it has something to do with faction choice.

Maybe something happens that causes a third faction since there's several games now employing the 'more than 2' faction concept.
    Last edited by Dvaldin; 2013-01-23 at 07:36 PM.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dvaldin View Post
    I'm gonna guess it has something to do with faction choice.
    In the likely category: BElves and Dwarves becoming neutral races.

In the impossible category: Betraying your faction.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Woah i see some hate about Account wide professions on his twitter and him defending it, is this the new feature?
    FOR THE HORDE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by kingriku View Post
    Woah i see some hate about Account wide professions on his twitter and him defending it, is this the new feature?
    No it was just an idea he threw out.

Might be though.

10+ Year Old Account
    I dont expect it to be anything that is cross - anything, I think its goin to be something fun like Transmog for example so more of a fun thing rather than convinient.

Simple and Obscure:

- Barbershops 2.0

- Adopt a pet in game and name it

- They release a bot for handicap people who can play with no arms.. Half the pop is suddenly on the short bus.

- Video chat, so your head replaces your char head. Expose all the fat ugly people :P

- In game flea market to sell wasted epics and bop old world stuff

- A Blizzard PC that blows fire and colored smoke while you play

- A FPS game mode thats a direct ripoff of call of duty with multiplayer maps.
    Last edited by kennyisnotdead; 2013-01-23 at 07:41 PM.

that hotfix was my bad Somarlane's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I seriously doubt cross-server Auction House. Although, it does bring to mind something a number of players (myself included) have desired - the ability to create a "WTB" listing, in addition to the "WTS" listings we have had since almost the beginning of the game.
    2021-09-21
    23:02 chelly: bobs and virginia

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shampro View Post
    I dont expect it to be anything that is cross - anything, I think its goin to be something fun like Transmog for example so more of a fun thing rather than convinient.
    This could be possible. Transmog and Pet Battles have been met with largely positive reception and have been a success. The LFG/R/Whatevers and the cross-realm stuff has a 50/50 reception. for every positive opinion there is someone claiming that it destroyed the server community or whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by kennyisnotdead View Post
    In game flea market to sell wasted epics and bop old world stuff
    I would love nothing more than being able to buy and sell old BOP's
    FOR THE HORDE!!!

I think it will be a "level scaling" feature, so you can scale down your level to play with your friends (think City of Heroes apprenticing).

All of the recent tech makes this possible, i.e. challenge modes, gear scaling on PTR, etc.

It would appeal to everyone that wants vanilla/TBC servers and everyone that wants to play with lower-level friends.