Page 33 of 39 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Why wouldn't that be healthy? The margins would be lower and the item on are lowering in price. People would need to create more volume, and the amount of transactions would increase because supply can easier meet demand. Only thing to be aware of is botting.
    Because if you sell an item on the ah currently you know how bad undercutting is, its a huge pain and it just lowers the cost way down because it goes like this. Sell 1: Item x for 20 g, seller 2: item x for 19g , seller 1 pulls item and sells it for 18.5, seller 3 comes in and sells it for 15, seller two pull his down to 14 seller one pulls his 14. But think of this with litterly 20k people at any given time trying to sell one item and undercutting non stop. Nothing will sell unless and bottom level prices. Making gold on the AH will be only to the botters where the time invested Really isn't invested so they will sell items for scrap.

I use the number 20k because it seems realistic if it was ONE Global ah, with 10 million current subscribers.
    "I hated hating Garrosh before it was cool."
    FOR THE HORDE!!!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kingriku View Post
    Because if you sell an item on the ah currently you know how bad undercutting is, its a huge pain and it just lowers the cost way down because it goes like this. Sell 1: Item x for 20 g, seller 2: item x for 19g , seller 1 pulls item and sells it for 18.5, seller 3 comes in and sells it for 15, seller two pull his down to 14 seller one pulls his 14. But think of this with litterly 20k people at any given time trying to sell one item and undercutting non stop. Nothing will sell unless and bottom level prices.
    Actually a lot will sell (the S&D will have less friction), but your own items will not easily sell due 1 copper undercutting (requires a bit of luck). If people don't bother for 1 copper, they will vendor instead which lowers the amount of crap on the AH once more to the level where there's no friction. Even though you may sell less, you also get products for a bargain price (as you say, right above vendor price). Very rare items will still be pretty much rare. Overall, yes, there are problems with a huge economy. For example in Diablo 3 it meant the grind was completely not fun anymore as it devalued the cost of item drops. However it isn't as bleak and gloomy as you say it'd be because also the price is lower for items you wish to buy.

Making gold on the AH will be only to the botters where the time invested Really isn't invested so they will sell items for scrap.
    Yes, but bots right now also run with volume. Bots will most likely rather vendor instead of 1c undercutting because this way they can use the gold right away.

New feature isn't cross realm AH
    http://bit.ly/W3pbQs

Quote Originally Posted by Black Rider View Post
    New feature isn't cross realm AH
    http://bit.ly/W3pbQs
    Thank god.
    "I hated hating Garrosh before it was cool."
    FOR THE HORDE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by lolalola View Post
    Finally. This is something I've suggested in various other threads (such as threads about CRZ). They should actually introduce downscaling instead of upscaling. With downscaling, something like BT can still be fun. World PvP stays valid. And leveling stays relevant.
    I could get behind this.

it's not realms merging ... they added crz to avoid that

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Saved View Post
    it's not realms merging ... they added crz to avoid that
    Possibly. But if they then also not want x-realm AH, the low pop realms will be continued to be screwed by CRZ. Ah well, who gives a rat about a few thousand players playing on some dead realm, they can always realm transfer for 20 EUR, right...

Bigger Backpack.

15+ Year Old Account
    Player Housing. Cross server chats. Real money AH...oh wait!

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    So we know it's not:

CRAH
    Realm Mergers

Sorry guys, but it looks like this new feature will be totally unexpected.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Deleted
    'We are happy to announce the long awaited Dance Studio! Yes this DEFINITELY takes priority over new models, incase you're wondering. With this new and super exciting feature, you can now dance like Michael Jackson, Lady Gaga, MC Hammer, Shakira and even the gorgeous and talented Justin Bieber! Just pick a groove to make a move!'
    Last edited by mmoc9d64d1cc31; 2013-01-25 at 12:23 AM.

Deleted
    Dance Studio is such a niche feature. The previous features weren't niche. They changed the game massively. CRZ for example, is a game changer. LFD, LFR, BGs are all 3 game changers.

Btw IMO transmog is also a pretty big feature. Its all in the eye of the beholder. If you want to see "one big feature in every expansion" you'll see only one. But I see various. The term game changer isn't something with an arbitrary set of definitions (correct me if I'm wrong) so pretty much any feature can claim it.

Cross Realm Auction houses are the most plausible theory IMO. It addresses one of the big economical issues with CRZs where low pop realms without an army of botters can't even get mid level crafting mats from the AH. And they seem desperate to get people to stop hating them so much so something that makes them a bit less objectionable is probably high on their list of things to add.

That's why server mergers are highly unlikely, yet. As we saw with the numerous iterations of them trying to make meeting stones a useful LFG tool, the most obvious and simple approach is often something they like to put off for a few years while they try to make a more convoluted solution work.

The one I'd most like to see though is the content scaling idea. Either scaling it up for level 90s or scaling players down to appropriate levels. Also, a LFG-like queuing/loot system for old content to make transmog and achievement runs a bit easier so there's less people needling guildies to do runs with them or resorting to PuGs which usually just turn into massive whinefests.
    Last edited by Ecwfrk; 2013-01-25 at 12:51 AM.

Those big type of changes always come out with the release of the expansion.
    And I doubt new models will be out before the next expansion.
    I suspect that's just an answer to build intrigue and interest, a little basic PR.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ecwfrk View Post
    Cross Realm Auction houses are the most plausible theory IMO. It addresses one of the big economical issues with CRZs where low pop realms without an army of botters can't even get mid level crafting mats from the AH. And they seem desperate to get people to stop hating them so much so something that makes them a bit less objectionable is probably high on their list of things to add.

That's why server mergers are highly unlikely, yet. As we saw with the numerous iterations of them trying to make meeting stones a useful LFG tool, the most obvious and simple approach is often something they like to put off for a few years while they try to make a more convoluted solution work.

The one I'd most like to see though is the content scaling idea. Either scaling it up for level 90s or scaling players down to appropriate levels. Also, a LFG-like queuing/loot system for old content to make transmog and achievement runs a bit easier so there's less people needling guildies to do runs with them or resorting to PuGs which usually just turn into massive whinefests.
    Already said CRAH is not going to be the big new feature.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    Dance Studio?
    It's pronounced "Dur-av-ian."

CR-Everything. PVP and PVE realms all merged into each own huge clusters (within the battle-group of course).
    Last edited by deef; 2013-01-25 at 07:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Reman View Post
    Triple spec.
    God I hope so. I really want a Brewmaster spec on my monk but i need healing and DPS for raiding

10+ Year Old Account
    I hadn't really thought about it before I read through this thread, but I'd love it if they implemented cross-realm auction house. It'd be really nice for low population servers and it'd greatly increase the potential number of customers one could sell to.