Page 38 of 39 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by @Ghostcrawler
    @Corndogfairy We don't want players to feel obligated to join e.g. the Jade Forest raid while leveling up. Working on a solution though.
    source

Do you think this might be the unannounced feature?

Quote Originally Posted by pewpewinface View Post
    source

Do you think this might be the unannounced feature?
    You totally misunderstood what he was talking about.

He meant: if you could still get XP in a raid group, then when leveling up, everyone in a zone would have incentive to form as large a raid as possible (to share kill XP and quest kills). He doesn't want everyone leveling in the Jade Forest to have to join the "Jade Forest Raid".
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Scaling levels to lower dungeons.

Quote Originally Posted by Destil View Post
    What could it be?
    Based on the current game state:
    Bots formally legalized and sold in Blizzard's store. Possibly gold, items, titles and achievements too.

Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    Transmog says yes.
    As does the addition of rare pets to old raids!

Honestly there's so many fan theories out there, I can't really decide what I think it'll be. Plus the comment about it maybe not being that big of a deal, a lot of these suggestions seem like they'd create more reaction than that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Naidia View Post
    Cross realm raids of current tier, as well as LFR at level 60 70 and 80? Sure, why not.
    I don't think they'd do that since they took the trouble to go back and make those raids soloable.

Here's hoping the big announcement is the end of CRZ, or at least that it's gone from PvE/RP servers, or maybe an opt-out function.

Thinking too small here. "We haven't announced it yet" is just a mission statement, an ethic. Blizzard is always hoping and striving and trying to make a new thing that eveyone will love, that will turn out to be the new 'game changer'. They don't have something stored up that they feel is 'the next big thing', they want whatever they have or will have to turn out to be 'the big thing'.

Quote Originally Posted by haloa View Post
    Based on the current game state:
    Bots formally legalized and sold in Blizzard's store. Possibly gold, items, titles and achievements too.
    Was this comment really necessary.
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by overneathe View Post
    My money is on something like "Collector" UI or "Transmogrification Wardrobe". They've been hinting for quite some time that they're looking at other ways for collectors of different things to finally have a space to put them and possibly arrange them coherently, instead of just enlarging the bags more and more until the screen is entirely filled by bag slots and/or pages of bank space are introduced.

Yep. I think that would be a pretty big feature. Making a UI addition not unlike the Pet Page where you can see how far you are on collecting a certain set that might be a PvE tier set, or a completely made up by the player set. Also the loads and loads of vanity items that only take up bag space can get stacked in a nice page like that with a preview window and information on where to get it and all sorts of other interesting things.

I'm thinking this is it. It's not a huge feature that could be used for new expansion hype, doesn't probably need huge amounts of developor commitment like Proving grounds or queue-based systems, but a big enough deal to be an anticipated "feature" for a patch.

I'm thinking some of the things people have posted so far, like LFWPvP, are great, but in all reality are things that would be better coupled with new expansions, due to the overhaul needed in rewards systems.

Another great idea I've seen floating around this thread is raid scaling. The framework is already in place for this; we see scaling happen on the PTR right now in ToT. We see Scaling already on live in the form of challenge dungeons. T
    This would be a great way to reward transmog gear from the raid you're running. I.E. Run Vanilla Naxxramas Challenge mode to pick up your tier 3 transmog, or Black Temple Challenge mode for a shot at transmogable warglaives.

Too much to hope for, but I could see this implemented as a patch. Not in the LFR system, though. Like challenge mode heroics, you should have to pick up your own group for this.

10+ Year Old Account
    i pray its an opt out option for crz. (I know i can dream can't I?)

but really maybe it will be something along the lines of how challenge modes bring your gear to a certain ilevel, except for all the older raids. So like on your character portrait you can choose to do any raid the way it was originally made, so it will scale you and your gear to the appropriate level. That would be cool as an option, and only an option cause i'm sure there are people like me out there that like to solo old things.

Or it can be something like a different storage unit to hold various things, or maybe it's even the squish they said will happen in one form or another.
    Last edited by jd812; 2013-02-06 at 09:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jd812 View Post
    i pray its an opt out option for crz. (I know i can dream can't I?)

but really maybe it will be something along the lines of how challenge modes bring your gear to a certain ilevel, except for all the older raids. So like on your character portrait you can choose to do any raid the way it was originally made, so it will scale you and your gear to the appropriate level. That would be cool as an option, and only an option cause i'm sure there are people like me out there that like to solo old things.

Or it can be something like a different storage unit to hold various things, or maybe it's even the squish they said will happen in one form or another.

I had forgotten all about the "Item Squish" but I remember reading a blue post somewhere that since they screwed the pooch on that already, they wouldn't do it mid-expansion now.

I think it's pretty obviously a lie. They aren't about to introduce some 'amazing' new system that's going to be the embodiment of what we think of with MoP. 5.2 is coming out before long, and there's probably only one tier left after that - the expansion is basically 2/3 done.

CRZ and pet battles. That's what MoP is. I understand some people do enjoy those systems - but I don't think they compare to the level of LFR, LFG, BGs, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    You totally misunderstood what he was talking about.

He meant: if you could still get XP in a raid group, then when leveling up, everyone in a zone would have incentive to form as large a raid as possible (to share kill XP and quest kills). He doesn't want everyone leveling in the Jade Forest to have to join the "Jade Forest Raid".
    Exactly. My implication is that the feature would be something like sharing mobs (i.e., removing the tag system) like many modern MMO's have done. Barring that, maybe some sort of temporary party with nearby players feature.

Quote Originally Posted by Daerio View Post
    I think it's pretty obviously a lie. They aren't about to introduce some 'amazing' new system that's going to be the embodiment of what we think of with MoP. 5.2 is coming out before long, and there's probably only one tier left after that - the expansion is basically 2/3 done.

CRZ and pet battles. That's what MoP is. I understand some people do enjoy those systems - but I don't think they compare to the level of LFR, LFG, BGs, etc.
    well, we know that 5.4 is SoO, so there's at least 2 more tiers left. Like I said in my previous post, it won't be some awe-inspiring save-the-game feature; it will be something like tabard storage / wardrobe or legacy raid scaling

Deleted
    it HAS to be a LF RBG thingy! even if it is just for the 400 QP a week...

people have bin complaining about this for months now! this has got to be it :P

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Klog View Post
    Scaling levels to lower dungeons.
    Yeah the mentor system used in some mmo's. Could be it.
    Junglebeast @ Stormscale EU |

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Clampz View Post
    I had forgotten all about the "Item Squish" but I remember reading a blue post somewhere that since they screwed the pooch on that already, they wouldn't do it mid-expansion now.
    Or maybe they won't touch it again who knows. http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/3885585 http://wow.joystiq.com/tag/Item-Squish/ http://seanmalstrom.wordpress.com/20...er-just-add-k/
    Last edited by jd812; 2013-02-06 at 10:52 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Player/guild housing is my hope/guess.

Challenge Mode for pre-MoP dungeons!

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    LFWPvP?

That'd be cool
    I think you just described BGs.