Page 39 of 39 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Ability to lower level to run with lower level players. They stated in one of the blue posts recently that players in a PvP bracket will have their level increased to the max level for that bracket. Sounds like that feature to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Nexsa View Post
    Ability to lower level to run with lower level players. They stated in one of the blue posts recently that players in a PvP bracket will have their level increased to the max level for that bracket. Sounds like that feature to me.
    It's been awhile since they ripped of something else from another game (pokemon not withstanding). I guess it's time to rip off Rifts Mentoring and Instant Adventures as well.

Why it will be a new way to pick up and turn in dailies of course

Quote Originally Posted by Newaccountforthiscontest View Post
    Why it will be a new way to pick up and turn in dailies of course
    i lol'd

Unicorns meet the minimum post requirement.

I have a source....

It is going to be Vanilla servers.

Deleted
    Cross realm AH? Sounds good BUT... you want to buy/sell some <insert popular mat here>. Now your auctionator has to scan through not 50 but 5000 pages of this item. Well, not so fun in the end.
    Opting out of CRZ? How? This is essentially ability to phase / instance your world on demand. Are you some kind of God to do that? Makes no sense whatsoever.
    Scaling old raids and/or characters? Sounds plausible, they started the "scaling" thing with challenge modes itemlevels, now they try it with character levels in PvP. Could be possible. I just hope this won't mean removal of "regular" soloable instance version. Needing full group to farm transmog and perhaps even lose a roll? No thanks.
    Cross realm current content / arenas - well, sounds rather unplausible. Why even keep server transfer fee if they'd implement things like that?
    Merging of regions - unplausible too. Harsh for any players playing on server non-native for their region. Good luck in PvP with your 350 ping against 25 ping opponent.
    Previous expansion patches - completely impossible IMO. Splitting playerbase, much more work on managing five different game versions (if we give players Van servers, why not TBC, Wrath and Cata servers too!), this just can't work.

Quote Originally Posted by Destil View Post
    Was this comment really necessary.
    As "really necessary" as any other. Are you implying that there is something wrong with my comment? If so, allow me to elaborate:

- Bots: steadily increasing in numbers over 6+ years. If that is not making it obvious that Blizzard is either unable or unwilling to deal with em, then nothing will. Considering that situation, legalizing em and selling in Blizzard store would not surprise me at all.

- legal gold selling, already established: winged lion cub (or whatever is called) pet already sold for real cash can be resold for gold in game

- items already sold on BMAH, obviously can be purchased from gold that you can get by selling cub pet you can buy for cash

- considering above examples of things that can have tangible effects on game, it's not too hard to imagine cosmetic goodies as titles or achievements being sold for cash too

This is not what I think that should be done, just explaining reasoning for my first comment.

Quote Originally Posted by Daerio View Post
    I think it's pretty obviously a lie. They aren't about to introduce some 'amazing' new system that's going to be the embodiment of what we think of with MoP. 5.2 is coming out before long, and there's probably only one tier left after that - the expansion is basically 2/3 done.

CRZ and pet battles. That's what MoP is. I understand some people do enjoy those systems - but I don't think they compare to the level of LFR, LFG, BGs, etc.
    How superficial does your thinking have to be to suspect information like this of being a lie? As if such a thing would keep someone subscribed that otherwise was ending their subscription, as if GC is just starving for people to be excited about something, the feature would be something on par with mogging, pet battles, reforging, cross realm grouping, etc. He's not making this out to be the coolest thing he's seen in the game, he's making it out to seem like a fairly novel new feature, similar to what 4.3 brought to the game halfway into CATA's lifetime, which you seem to just be ignoring or you seem to think his implication was that this is more major than he implied.

You've got to be unreasonably cynical, jaded, and bitter or just completely biased against "corporations" to believe such a harmless comment is a blatant lie. You need to go back to the children's table and mature a little before coming back to the adult table if you're going to have discussions like this.

---------- Post added 2013-02-06 at 09:47 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Nexsa View Post
    They've talked about that a lot as something they've put work into beyond concept stage, it could very well be something like that.

It's going to be awesome to see when it does come the people who nod and say "oh, that's kind of cool" and those who freak out acting like they were promised a pony who satisfied your every spiritual and physical desire.
    Last edited by Yig; 2013-02-07 at 03:48 AM.
    If you like my draw-rings. http://yig.deviantart.com/
    If you can't find them for some reason beyond that page. http://yig.deviantart.com/gallery/
    WOW screenshot and concept art gallery http://smg.photobucket.com/user/evilknick/library/WoW

Item Squish or New Race Models.

Deleted
    Maybe it is x-realm raiding together with an interface like Openraid.

Actually someone who is bored should just sum up all the ideas from the many pages in this thread. There were some gems in there

Quote Originally Posted by Ganker View Post
    But does Blizzard really want people to do old content?
    Transmog AND new pets added says yes.

---------- Post added 2013-02-07 at 10:48 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Daerio View Post
    I think it's pretty obviously a lie. They aren't about to introduce some 'amazing' new system that's going to be the embodiment of what we think of with MoP. 5.2 is coming out before long, and there's probably only one tier left after that - the expansion is basically 2/3 done.

CRZ and pet battles. That's what MoP is. I understand some people do enjoy those systems - but I don't think they compare to the level of LFR, LFG, BGs, etc.
    The expansion MIGHT be 1/3 done... minor patches in between dont count (they said no tier content between these patches). But even so, 5.2 is not here yet, so and no one's cleared it. Only 1st tier is done, so we're 1/3 done.

Either item squish or the return of skirms.

I would do unspeakable things for the return of skirmishes.

Deleted
    LFM Daliys

What I would like it to be is an option to LFR or LFD old dungeons/raids with old scaling gear, that scales to the current LFR item level or somewhat worse.

I wonder how fast the theorycrafters will find out those old forgotten hidden scaled gems!
    For example on vanilla there used to be a godly warrior trinket from brd that gave you an extra attack. Would that trinket scaled be good enough to have any use on current content?
    Or one of the most wanted items back in TBC was a trinket from gruul. How would that trinket scaled cope on current content?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kreeshak View Post
    What I would like it to be is an option to LFR or LFD old dungeons/raids with old scaling gear, that scales to the current LFR item level or somewhat worse.

I wonder how fast the theorycrafters will find out those old forgotten hidden scaled gems!
    For example on vanilla there used to be a godly warrior trinket from brd that gave you an extra attack. Would that trinket scaled be good enough to have any use on current content?
    Or one of the most wanted items back in TBC was a trinket from gruul. How would that trinket scaled cope on current content?
    The problem with this is that people would become obsessed with running every single raid in the game every week, because of how obsessed people are now with min/maxing.
    PEPE SILVA, PEPE SILVA

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Whatever it is, I'd say expect it in 5.3 or 5.4 in an effort to pull back subs.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by overneathe View Post
    My money is on something like "Collector" UI or "Transmogrification Wardrobe". They've been hinting for quite some time that they're looking at other ways for collectors of different things to finally have a space to put them and possibly arrange them coherently, instead of just enlarging the bags more and more until the screen is entirely filled by bag slots and/or pages of bank space are introduced.

Yep. I think that would be a pretty big feature. Making a UI addition not unlike the Pet Page where you can see how far you are on collecting a certain set that might be a PvE tier set, or a completely made up by the player set. Also the loads and loads of vanity items that only take up bag space can get stacked in a nice page like that with a preview window and information on where to get it and all sorts of other interesting things.
    I think this is a brilliant idea and will happen, many people would resub. Press a button and whole interface opens with different tiers and sets showing which pieces you have picked up. Kinda fits in with the whole path of ancestry idea i brought up a couple if years ago where you have to go back and collect pieces/gear and carry out objectives from earlier times, earlier expansions.

Your idea could also incoporate a heirloom panel where once you get a heirloom you can see it in an heirloom wardrobe that is accessible by all your characters. No more sending by mail etc. would be great actually.

Anyways nice thinking, let's see what happens!