Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Korza View Post
    Seriously, can anyone explain this to me? I used to know the point of it, but I don't anymore. It just seems like a way to waste a couple hours of my life and make a few hundred gold while reading a book. =/
    Well I have this crazy idea that, if you don't like LFR the best thing to do is to not do LFR.

point of lfr is to piss ppl and spending more time till valor cap

It would be neat if they had a stacking drop chance improvement of 10% an encounter or something (wherever the number has to be, even 5% if necessary) every fight you didn't get a drop. After you do get a drop, it resets to 0 and returns to the default drop chance. That still means you might have to kill 10 bosses and only get one drop every couple of weeks if your luck is poor, but that would still be better than what some of the perpetually unlucky people are going through that haven't seen anything for a couple months. The whole "The numbers lined up for me and I got geared quickly so this isn't my problem" argument comes off as being very unpersuasive to those without said good fortune.

LFR is to Raiding what Random Battlegrounds are to Rated Battlegrounds.

It's a way to casually, almost mindlessly, exchange your time for loot.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackmist View Post

Exactly. If they hadn't of introduced LFR in 4.3 then I would be permanently unsubbed now. It is the only thing at MoP end game that keeps me occupied. I have no desire to do pet battles, scenarios, challenge dungeons, transmogging or heroic raiding so in that aspect LFR serves its purpose.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    It's been a while since it's dropped anything that I can use but I'm still running it from time to time so you might lose that bet.

While being just a shadow of normal/heroic raiding, it's the closest thing I have at the moment due to a number of personal reasons. So while I might not run it a lot, I would still run it. Like anyone else, I'm susceptible to having it move down my priority list once I've done it to the point where I don't see anything new any longer (and that's a larger idea than just gear to be clear). But I like raiding and I especially like large-group raiding so this is what I have right now.

It's not always about the gear with everyone.
    But for most it is so his statement that its the carrot and stick for "casual" raiders holds true. In addition he would win the bet, if LFR didnt drop any loot you wouldnt raid it - cos no bugger else would be running it.

Deleted
    Aside from "proper" raiding, I enjoy LFR most out of the alternative ways to earn VPs. It depends a bit on your role. DPS can be boring, although for alts or offspecs, it might be a good way to perfect and check your performance. Tanks still have a fair amount of responsibility and it can be a great way to practice for the "real" raids, e.g. dancing on will of the emperor. And LFR an excellent place to learn how to be a healer (offspec); it's one of the most fun things I've done in WoW - take a disc priest into LFR. I rather like the fact that the 25 man size makes you less likely to be subject to unpleasant behaviour than in 5 man PUGs.

LFR is pretty much useless for gearing up your main in the long run, although even a few early drops can help. It seems pivotal in gearing up my alts, as they don't raid and I am not farming dailies on them. The 1.5xVP for capped accounts makes them a very substantial source of VPs for alts too.

Because... it's fun?

If you don't like killing bosses why are you even bothering to gear up?

---------- Post added 2013-01-25 at 12:34 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Blackmist View Post

Or just queue up with no extensive organisation and planning (and drama) required and kill some stuff for fun?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

I'm not really that guy who starts complaining when things don't go his way, but I'm getting fed up myself to be honest.
    Week in week out I see nothing but gold on my dk and lock alts. My dk has hit 460 and then 470 ilvl only because of craftables and vp rewards, same goes for my lock (which isn't at 470 yet). The only thing that drops is that plate belt "Patroller's Girdle of Endless Spring" in terrace, wich I've won 5 times now... Other than that it's just gold gold gold gold.
    I'm really contemplating to stop wasting my time on it and just wait for the 5.2 increased droprates.