Page 1 of 3
LastLast

[Spoiler] Garrosh seeking the power of Thunder King?

I have reached exalted reputation with new Patch 5.2 Faction, and Jaina ern my trust and she give me her staff to destroy the power of Thunder King before Garrosh can steal that power... I don't know what happen when u finish the quest, Looking forward todo the raid and check it out when that boss is up for testing. Here is the video, not the picture, since last time I was trolled that it was fake :P

BTW This is just speculation, but I think he need to gain some power, don't see how he can be diff in raid, if we gank that warcheaf for about one year in Orgrimmar :P

One more thing why I made this video, just testing out my new Geforce 660 Ti, with Fraps and all Ultra settings, I am kind a happy now cus I will be able to provide u fast good video quality quest line from Patch 5.2, if they hit the PTR Servers. (Sad cus youtube don't support Double NTSC, This video was 59.940 FPS)

Deleted
    Hmm.. very interesting.

Guess Jaina will let her staff drain the Thunder King's power, to keep it out of Garrosh's hands.
    I think we will see the power of her 'upgraded' staff soon.
    I heared the Belfs were getting a nice upgrade themselves too, getting Blood Golems.

As I recall one of Jaina's datamined voice files says....

That she'll use the power of the staff to tear down the walls of Orgrimmar.

Quote Originally Posted by Florena View Post
    As I recall one of Jaina's datamined voice files says....

That she'll use the power of the staff to tear down the walls of Orgrimmar.
    Thanks for sharing this

Would be ironic if she winds up going power-mad
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well it's nice to see the Alliance protecting Pandaria's dangerous powers/artifacts again.
    Thankfully there's no more Sunreavers that could otherwise steal her staff .

Some Hordies are probably just wishing please please please make Jaina corrupt with power and become a raid boss on SoO

Anyways, Garrosh is willing to look at any source of power, that's a fact, and Alliance has been doing everything to prevent it. Though I wonder if some will fall into an ironic madness; Rogers already entertained the idea of weaponizing Sha (before Garrosh does).

I doubt he's actually after his power.

Why?

It's stated I think by Lorthemar, or in a quest log I saw recently (but it might be in Lorthemar's sound files), that Garrosh is still occupied at Domination Points against the Alliance.

Secondly, from the datamined quests, Lorthemar equally seeks to harness the power of the Dark Animus and his Blood Golems, which could equal out the Staff of Antonidas in terms of power for each faction.

Regardless, the Blood Golems and Staff will definitely have a role to play in the patches to follow.

I wonder if Jaina will get a new staff to boot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by Scummer View Post
    Well it's nice to see the Alliance protecting Pandaria's dangerous powers/artifacts again.
    "Protecting"

Quote Originally Posted by Scummer View Post
    Sunreavers are still there, and in force. At the behest of Taran Zhu they orchestrate a ceasefire with Jaina, though she declares lasting peace cannot exist so long as Hellscream is Warchief, a sentiment shared by Lorthemar. (according to voice files)

---------- Post added 2013-01-22 at 10:05 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by wooootles View Post
    Some Hordies are probably just wishing please please please make Jaina corrupt with power and become a raid boss on SoO
    If she leveled Orgrimmar with a tsunami in ToT then went rogue I would've been fine with putting her down as a menace, but since she didn't, I hope that never happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Constellation View Post
    Sunreavers are still there, and in force. At the behest of Taran Zhu they orchestrate a ceasefire with Jaina, though she declares lasting peace cannot exist so long as Hellscream is Warchief, a sentiment shared by Lorthemar. (according to voice files)

---------- Post added 2013-01-22 at 10:05 PM ----------

If she leveled Orgrimmar with a tsunami in ToT then went rogue I would've been fine with putting her down as a menace, but since she didn't, I hope that never happens.
    Yeah. She's not going to become corrupt.

Her going "rogue" like this in my opinion is a really good thing.

By doing this, she's giving the Alliance a bit of a Wild Card, and more power. And now with the Kirin Tor on their side too, plus a super powerful Staff, I say the Alliance deserve this.

And I'm a freakin' Orc for God's sakes.

Quote Originally Posted by Destil View Post
    Yeah. She's not going to become corrupt.

Her going "rogue" like this in my opinion is a really good thing.

By doing this, she's giving the Alliance a bit of a Wild Card, and more power. And now with the Kirin Tor on their side too, plus a super powerful Staff, I say the Alliance deserve this.
    I don't she's rogue atm, she's a hawk. If they (cdev) weren't feeding us a load of rubbish about Jaina's core remaining unshattered, I don't think she'd abuse such power. We know Garrosh would since he has tried to already and nuked Theramore. Lorthemar also says he's withholding the stuff he finds to use as leverage against Garrosh (rather than against the Alliance).

And I'm a freakin' Orc for God's sakes.
    *offers a roasted venison leg*

garrosh wants shenqing, the divine bell. It fits into his mode of thinking and conquest perfectly. He will attempt at retrieving it from the thunder king in 5.2.

'In the one-hundred-and-seventieth year of the Thunder King's reign, the Korune spellweavers came to Lei Shen with their greatest creation.

A bell cast from the makers' flesh, shaped by stars' fire, and bound by the breath of darkest shadow. This bell, when rung, could shake the world and call to the heavens.

Taken to war, the bell's cacophonous tones stirred the hearts of Lei Shen's warriors. It fueled their hatred and anger, lending them strength on the field of battle. The bell's screaming voice struck fear and doubt into the hearts of the Emperor's enemies, sending them fleeing in his path.

Awed by its power, the Thunder King described the instrument as "the voice of the gods," and named it Shenqing, the Divine Bell.'

this also elludes into a connection with the titans or perhaps a setting up for an old god appearance (i thinking it will be apart of garrosh's corruption).
    Last edited by Djaye; 2013-01-22 at 11:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Djaye View Post
    garrosh wants shenqing, the divine bell. It fits into his mode of thinking and conquest perfectly. He will attempt at retrieving it from the thunder king in 5.2.

'In the one-hundred-and-seventieth year of the Thunder King's reign, the Korune spellweavers came to Lei Shen with their greatest creation.

A bell cast from the makers' flesh, shaped by stars' fire, and bound by the breath of darkest shadow. This bell, when rung, could shake the world and call to the heavens.

Taken to war, the bell's cacophonous tones stirred the hearts of Lei Shen's warriors. It fueled their hatred and anger, lending them strength on the field of battle. The bell's screaming voice struck fear and doubt into the hearts of the Emperor's enemies, sending them fleeing in his path.

Awed by its power, the Thunder King described the instrument as "the voice of the gods," and named it Shenqing, the Divine Bell.'

this also elludes into a connection with the titans or perhaps a setting up for an old god appearance (i thinking it will be apart of garrosh's corruption).
    What? Someone hasn't been doing his dailies, we destroy that bell during the 5.1 dailies/storyline.

I'm honestly starting to think we are going to kill Jaina in siege. She is drawing a number of parallels to Arthas; Hair turning white, her eyes glow faintly, purged Dalaran, is going to have a weapon of great power soon once she gains the power of the Thunder King. And her hair turning white with the only one strain of blonde hair could maybe represent that she has not fully gone off the edge but now I am just thinking too hard about it and trying to find symbolism.

Quote Originally Posted by Susanoo View Post
    I'm honestly starting to think we are going to kill Jaina in siege. She is drawing a number of parallels to Arthas; Hair turning white, her eyes glow faintly, purged Dalaran, is going to have a weapon of great power soon once she gains the power of the Thunder King. And her hair turning white with the only one strain of blonde hair could maybe represent that she has not fully gone off the edge but now I am just thinking too hard about it and trying to find symbolism.
    In the closing cutscene you can see there was still some of Arthas left inside the Lich King, although he was overwhelmed by what he became.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

10+ Year Old Account
    Arthas' hair went white AFTER he became a Death Knight. Jaina is not going to become corrupt. People are only saying this because they are somewhat upset about Dalaran. Leave Jaina alone, she needs to be herself again.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron View Post
    Arthas' hair went white AFTER he became a Death Knight. Jaina is not going to become corrupt. People are only saying this because they are somewhat upset about Dalaran. Leave Jaina alone, she needs to be herself again.
    im just saying the parallels are there and Jaina is changed she isn't who she used to be, Even Vol'jin noted that jaina is not the same person anymore. Also I'm not upset about Dalaran but she is showing she may be a threat in the near future. She is is going to have two great objects in her hands soon she already has the focusing iris and now the soon to be thunder king powers. And I think i recall correct me if I'm wrong that blizzard said the alliance will be losing someone important too.

10+ Year Old Account
    im just saying the parallels are there and Jaina is changed she isn't who she used to be, Even Vol'jin noted that jaina is not the same person anymore. Also I'm not upset about Dalaran but she is showing she may be a threat in the near future. She is is going to have two great objects in her hands soon she already has the focusing iris and now the soon to be thunder king powers. And I think i recall correct me if I'm wrong that blizzard said the alliance will be losing someone important too.
    I don't recall them saying the Alliance would be losing someone important at all. I've been following this religiously. Jaina doesn't have the Focusing Iris anymore. It's in Dalaran. If anything this is more fear. I don't want Jaina going anywhere. I think she's a great character. I just hope she stays.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

I, personally, doubt Jaina is going to die.

These are who I think could die in Siege:
    -Garrosh (of course. But he may live!)
    -Baine (or Mortally wounded)
    -Saurfang (I am 99% sure he will die)
    -Aggra (I'm like 80% sure she will die)
    -Gallywix (999999999999999999%)

And that's it.