Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

How will talents be done in the next expansion?

In the current expansion, you get a talent every 15 levels leading to 6 talent tiers. How are they going to dispense the talents when the max level is 95?

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    In the current expansion, you get a talent every 15 levels leading to 6 talent tiers. How are they going to dispense the talents when the max level is 95?
    Next xpac will be 10 more lvl's itll be the "Shocker"
    "I hated hating Garrosh before it was cool."
    FOR THE HORDE!!!

Maybe they'll add a 95 row, or maybe they will just keep the current model. With the standard class-tweaks around expansions and a new baseline ability or two, I don't really feel like we -need- shiny new talents. But maybe I'm in the minority.

new level 95 talents for everyone, new spells at 90 and 93 like they have at 85/87.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think it might be expanded a little bit. Agree that 95 is an inconvenient number if you're anal enough to DEMAND CONSISTENCY NO MATTER WHAT but there's nothing stopping them from just handing out another set of talents at 95.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

The way it has been going?

Blizzard will redo it into a three tier'd system instead of 6, or they will just do away with it. Because even 3 is hard to count to for casuals.

Infracted: Please refrain from insulting the intelligence of large groups of people. Characterizing 'casuals' as not having the intelligence to count to 3 is pointless. - ML
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2013-01-22 at 11:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zorperior View Post
    The way it has been going?

Blizzard will redo it into a three tier'd system instead of 6, or they will just do away with it. Because even 3 is hard to count to for casuals.
    Thats fair logic, because casuals are mentally disabled now?
    "I hated hating Garrosh before it was cool."
    FOR THE HORDE!!!

Rogues will get a tanking tree while mages and locks get healing trees. Its about damn time we got rid of Pures. There is absolutely ZERO incentive or benefit to play a pure DPS over a hybrid unless your idea of benefits are doing less DPS, cant switch to an offspec if the raid needs you to, and enjoy taking forever to gear up because of long queue times.

10+ Year Old Account
    I guess they will just add another teir you get at level 95.

Quote Originally Posted by Lilly32 View Post
    Rogues will get a tanking tree while mages and locks get healing trees. Its about damn time we got rid of Pures. There is absolutely ZERO incentive or benefit to play a pure DPS over a hybrid unless your idea of benefits are doing less DPS, cant switch to an offspec if the raid needs you to, and enjoy taking forever to gear up because of long queue times.
    I sure as hell hope not. The reason I play pure dps classes now is to never be asked to tank or heal again. I tanked for 5 years and last thing I want is my rogue to get a tank spec. If I ever start raiding again they will demand I tank some fights. So there you go more them "ZERO" incentive. And no it's not as simple as saying no in a heroic raiding guild.
    Last edited by Airwaves; 2013-01-22 at 10:55 PM.
    Aye mate

There will be 1 talent point every 30 levels; and the choices will be a passive damage, or healing, or health addition for each tier.

Death knights get theirs at 56, 57, 58, 60, 75, and 90. Obviously, they are allowed to have talents and levels vary a bit. I imagine nothing will change, and they will simply add another talent tier at the bottom available at whatever the new max is, without changing the every 15 levels rule of the previous tiers.

they will double the current amount
    Last edited by Endus; Today at 10:40 PM. Reason: Editing to change questionable phrasing to adorable puppies

Quote Originally Posted by xBreak View Post
    This post was almost as bad as you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drakhar View Post
    The clueless commentary from the shortsighted peanut gallery is getting to me.
    My youtube channel! http://www.youtube.com/user/Krystafal

Talent tiers every 5 levels? well that will be cool, more talents, more customization, but neh, I really doubt it

10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard removes talents altogether. Moreover classes do not exist anymore, except for one: DeathDruiHunMagMonPalPrieShaWarWarl which gets every spell in the game.

Like in the secret world?

Bloodsail Admiral Brightamethyst's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilly32 View Post
    Yeah. There's just no incentive to rolling a pure dps.

Unless of course you're one of those weirdos who plays classes you actually enjoy instead of going for MAX DAMAGE. But who would ever be that crazy?

Quote Originally Posted by kingriku View Post
    Next xpac will be 10 more lvl's itll be the "Shocker"
    Everyone is expecting 5 more levels so that would be quite a shock but not as much as only 2.5 level increase. How are they going to do half a level?

Talents will be gone, we'll have access to all the abilities at once.

>_>

Quote Originally Posted by Korru View Post
    Talents will be gone, we'll have access to all the abilities at once.

>_>
    Time for me to reinstate the ol' "POW POW" macro.

I actually had an idea for a replacement system.

Basically, instead of having a series of talents, players will gain access to Talent Runes as they level. Talent Runes can be bought from your class trainer as you level, and can be equipped similarly to glyphs. Under this new system, the line between specs will be blurred somewhat as previous spec-exclusive abilities become class-wide, e.g. Prot paladins will be able to use Divine Storm, etc.

Of course, there will be some abilities that will remain spec-exclusive, such as Templar's Verdict or Raging Blow, and not all abilities would require Talent Runes; all death knights would have access to Icy Touch and Plague Strike for instance. Let's not forget passive abilities, either. *cough Divine Purpose being baseline for Retribution cough*

Speaking of glyphs, this new system could open up a ton of new glyph possibilities. The idea that I had was that each ability could have a minor glyph and a major glyph attached to it, so if a hunter decided to pick up Explosive Shot, he could in theory get a major glyph that adds an additional tick and a minor glyph that changed the animation, or he could pick up a major glyph that caused it to only hit once, but also inflict AoE damage.

... Hey, it's an idea. Shut up.
    CPU: Intel Core i5-4670k 3.4GHz | RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB DDR3-1866 | GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 760 4GB (2-Way SLI) | Motherboard: MSI Z87-G45
    Cooling: Noctua NH-D14 65.0 CFM CPU Cooler; 200mm Fans x3; | Case: HAF 922 | PSU: Corsair Pro 750W

80+ FPS in Raids on Ultra. Stay mad.
    This setup no longer hits 80+ FPS in raids on Ultra. Stay sad.