WoW Patch 6.0 Guild Talent Tree Design

With the MoP changes to player talent tree builds, I noticed how boring and useless some of the current guild perks are. So I thought about it and decided to follow in the footsteps of player talent tree builds that could apply to a guild to make it funner to play with others and to design your guild to work in a certain way that you choose. Such as PvE, PvP and Leveling. 3 Different ways to build your guild and run it.

And knowing of course that with each expansion pack. Players gain levels. And being that no new levels were added in 5.0. It would only seem fair to grant a guild 5 more levels as well.

And each spot you see with the text in it would have a name over it like how player talent trees do. When hovering the mouse over, it shows the description.

Lets say you start a guild and you want to start if off as a leveling guild. As you level up, you choose which perks you want. Well, the time has arrived and you finally reach 30. You decide you want to focus on pve rather than leveling now. Well, you already invested in those talent specs. So what do you do now. Well, just like a player, you can reset your guilds talent tree for 3000 gold. Or maybe you just want to change 1 spec. For 500 gold you can change a spec.

Keep in mind. There may be some things here that you don't like or things that you could see be switched in different spots. If you feel the need to bash, please don't post. Be constructive and offer suggestions on how to make this great if you feel the need to do so rather than posting negatively.

Last edited by Holyshnikies; 2013-01-23 at 12:15 AM. Reason: Adding Talet Reset

Deleted
    Post it on official WoW forums.

10+ Year Old Account
    I like this idea to an extent, it has GMs think to themselves "Do I want a PVE guild or a PVP guild?" when choosing the buffs.

One thing I noticed is no "Quick and the Dead" type buff, this needs to be in there, and back to it's original "100% speed boost while dead" state.

Can you change guild perks that your guild is "specced" into? In that case, no, would be tedious and stupid for gm/officers having to change perks all the time. If you can't change the perks, still don't like it, guild trading and selling would reach an all time high and it would just be a mess. But I wouldn't mind seeing some guild perks revamped because a lot of them are quite useless indeed.

15+ Year Old Account
    Guild levelling was originally going to have talent trees. They decided it was stupid, it's still stupid
    Theron/Bloodwatcher 2013!

Quote Originally Posted by Alsompr View Post
    Teasing, misdirection. It's the opposite of a spoiler. People expect one thing? BAM! Another thing happens.

I'm like M. Night fucking Shamylan.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascendant View Post
    Can you change guild perks that your guild is "specced" into? In that case, no, would be tedious and stupid for gm/officers having to change perks all the time. If you can't change the perks, still don't like it, guild trading and selling would reach an all time high and it would just be a mess. But I wouldn't mind seeing some guild perks revamped because a lot of them are quite useless indeed.
    Yes. Would be no different than current talent trees for players. You can change it for an X amount of gold.

This was a idea blizzard tossed around before MoP and aknowledged it would make guilds have conflicts regarding which to choose, leading to drama and guilds disbanding. it's a neat idea but it won't work with the way guilds work.

Quote Originally Posted by Hunterpower View Post
    This was a idea blizzard tossed around before MoP and aknowledged it would make guilds have conflicts regarding which to choose, leading to drama and guilds disbanding. it's a neat idea but it won't work with the way guilds work.
    I dont see how its that much of a difference anyways when a new expansion comes out. A lot of guilds die off and a lot of new guilds are born. Players change classes, specs. People level up differently in time. I see this change for better in helping other people play together rather than trying to soloing everything and queing up with random people in a que.