Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Raidenx View Post
    People still think it doesnt exist, when America is still one of the top countries when it comes to social mobility. It's just not a unique experience anymore
    I think it is because that those countries above it are most of western Europe. Iirc only England is below. England - not GB.

Greatest rapper ALIVE..

[video=youtube;tDYe1ncQzj8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tDYe1ncQzj8[video]

[video=youtube;iqBrR61UkFM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iqBrR61UkFM[video]

---------- Post added 2013-01-23 at 06:26 PM ----------

[video=youtube;0mnyBp4FzzI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0mnyBp4FzzI[video]

[video=youtube;iUC9SE7k-nQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iUC9SE7k-nQ[video]

[video=youtube;2pc3kD2iV8w]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2pc3kD2iV8w[video]
    Last edited by mmoc58a2a4b64e; 2013-01-23 at 06:46 PM. Reason: Too many embedded videos

Possibly alive, but he still would have been in Biggie's shadow if Biggie was still around. Let's chalk up his ascension to where he is now to luck. I wonder how many more lyrics Jay would have bit from Big if Big had put out 4 or 5 more albums.

Deleted
    I like JayZ, not everything he does maybe but who doesn't like 99 Problems ?

Quote Originally Posted by Palmatum View Post

Because he isn't black. Unless you're black, you're not 'disadvantaged' regardless of where you start your life.

Hope this doesn't get me infracted lol, but yeah, pretty much how it is.
    Actually, he's just as much the definition as Jay-Z. The only difference is that Eminem made it big in an industry not too accepting of white people. Jay made it big in an industry filled with black people. However, Eminem became popular and rich as a white man in a white man's world. Jay-Z became popular and rich as a black man in a white man's world. Both overcame extreme obstacles to make it big in their particular profession in that particular social climate.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryntrollian View Post
    Get out just get out
    Typical sheep, PEOPLE don't do like this guy!

Actually I could do just about the same as this Z-Jay dude but I cba, would require too much of an effort.

Quote Originally Posted by Castiell View Post
    I like JayZ, not everything he does maybe but who doesn't like 99 Problems ?
    The bitch I guess? Aaaah (<-- Btw do I need to censor shit like that on these forums?)
    Last edited by mmocbd7275b6ea; 2013-01-23 at 07:04 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hezo View Post
    The bitch I guess? Aaaah (<-- Btw do I need to censor shit like that on these forums?)
    If you remember the lyrics: 99 problem but a bitch ain't one

He doesnt have any, so hes not insulting anyone :P

Quote Originally Posted by someotherguy View Post

if we don't believe that wealth is zero-sum game.
    you don't believe in reality?

Also I wonder if his girl was paid to lip sing the NATIONAL ANTHEM.
    Last edited by oxymoronic; 2013-01-23 at 07:15 PM.

The American Dream isn't dead, you just have to break the law to do it in order to subsidize any legal venture you have or it will never get off the ground in most situations.

For the law abiding citizen, yeah, it is pretty much dead.

America is now one of the lowest modern countries in terms of social mobility and of the ones I have seen make it both locally and on the news. I rarely see one who made it without doing something illegal to get the ball rolling, be rich already or have really rich friends to get it off the ground, or get lucky and land a career in entertainment as an actor, athlete, etc....

The days of making in this nation off your own hard work is all but dead to most of us at this point, we have to bust our asses just to survive while watching others who were born into money or doing something illegal surpass us every day. Wondering how long till enough of us get pissed up to stand up and do something about it....

But Beyonce sucks =/

I wouldn't want to be living his American dream.

Quote Originally Posted by Hyve View Post
    Hahahah... No.
    I hope you weren't referring to me, because there is no amount of money on Earth that I would ever trade for being able to go about my day without being filmed, watched or viewed through a microscope. He can keep his millions of dollars and Ferraris, I'll enjoy being able to roll out of my house looking like an absolute mess without having anyone care about me.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soutalgon View Post
    Jay z also once sold drugs to get by and amass wealth to start his "empire." So the American dream is to ruin the lives of others eh?
    actually, that pretty much is how America was started, so yes that would be the American dream

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cyqu View Post
    actually, that pretty much is how America was started, so yes that would be the American dream
    Bingo

The often overlooked fine print of the "Dream" would be something like:

Do what you need to do to get big. Shit on anyone, fuck everyone else over, only kiss the asses that sign your check until you're big enough to sign theirs. Once you're there, burn all your bridges and live a completely new life as if you'd been there the whole time.
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Treelife View Post
    People still believe in some sort of 'American Dream'? o.O
    If we were to talk about what the 'American Dream' is, we'd hit 200 pages in no time.
    PEPE SILVA, PEPE SILVA

Deleted
    Shame he looks like that

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think the American Dream is to become famous.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

Quote Originally Posted by Tinykong View Post
    I hope you weren't referring to me, because there is no amount of money on Earth that I would ever trade for being able to go about my day without being filmed, watched or viewed through a microscope. He can keep his millions of dollars and Ferraris, I'll enjoy being able to roll out of my house looking like an absolute mess without having anyone care about me.
    No, I wasn't.

His life is a shit-hole because he has to work his ass of to make the most of what little he potential he has now. If he doesn't exploit his chances now, he wont get another one. I'd much rather (and I do) live a life where I can earn loads of money, live my life how I want, do what I want and without fear of my worth being circumstantial to what a bunch of teenagers like when it comes to music.

If this is the American dream, I'd rather stay put here in the U.K.

Quote Originally Posted by Bryntrollian View Post
    The American Dream has nothing to do with the means of the journey but only the Rags to Riches scenario.
    The American Dream certainly has to do with the means. You work hard to get somewhere, not walk on others and destroy lives to become a mediocre, yet popular, musician.