Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SirPiken View Post
    Clearly doesn't understand politics if he says this and votes democrat.

So he supports Obama simply because he's black.

So he's an ignorant racist. It does go to show that in America there are no classes and anyone can become rich.
    How do you know he wouldn't prefer smaller government but feels even more strongly about social issues like abortion, marriage equality, etc.? Not everyone is a one issue voter.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    How do you know he wouldn't prefer smaller government but feels even more strongly about social issues like abortion, marriage equality, etc.? Not everyone is a one issue voter.
    True. I wouldn't necessarily call the GOP "small government" either, at least not in their current incarnation.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyve View Post
    No, I wasn't.

His life is a shit-hole because he has to work his ass of to make the most of what little he potential he has now. If he doesn't exploit his chances now, he wont get another one. I'd much rather (and I do) live a life where I can earn loads of money, live my life how I want, do what I want and without fear of my worth being circumstantial to what a bunch of teenagers like when it comes to music.

If this is the American dream, I'd rather stay put here in the U.K.
    What are you talking about, little potential he has now and shit ?
    He is worth 500 Million, if he quit RIGHT NOW he would be richer than you in your next 10 lives.
    (ok i dont really know how rich you are but for 99,9% of the populace this hold true)

Quote Originally Posted by Castiell View Post
    What are you talking about, little potential he has now and shit ?
    He is worth 500 Million, if he quit RIGHT NOW he would be richer than you in your next 10 lives.
    (ok i dont really know how rich you are but for 99,9% of the populace this hold true)
    I'm not about to flaunt the amount I earn online, for many reasons (one of them being most people wouldn't believe it anyway), but earning that amount of money is pointless. I earn far more then I need to, enough to ensure that for generations of my family will live without any money worries, but I could turn that easily into more then he earns if I wanted.

The reason I don't is because I don't want to work like a fool, like he has. He had to work hard to get where he is, If I wanted to be there, I'd just work smarter. Big difference. Of course it is how you view your life and what aspirations you have, but I don't need to go and buy a new car every 6 months that costs £600,000. I'm a smart man from a poor background, so I know when to be thankful, and not wasteful.

Also, please prove me wrong about how his entire success has been almost entirely by luck. If teenagers never bothered listening to half the shit they do, he wouldn't be as successful. He has very little skills (that I know of, I could be totally wrong) other then his music, and like all musicians, he'll have his day and then disappear.

If he was a talent businessman, had a passion for music and art then I'd say no more then "Kudos! You've done well!" but... Again, he has worked hard and not smart. Almost the entire world works hard, and look at most people, in debt, only go on holiday once a year to a shitty location, and are reliant on other people to keep them employed. He is in the same boat, I'm not, and nor is anyone else I know of that earns a good couple of million each year.
    Last edited by Hyve; 2013-01-23 at 07:59 PM.

No, I wasn't.

His life is a shit-hole because he has to work his ass of to make the most of what little he potential he has now. If he doesn't exploit his chances now, he wont get another one. I'd much rather (and I do) live a life where I can earn loads of money, live my life how I want, do what I want and without fear of my worth being circumstantial to what a bunch of teenagers like when it comes to music.

If this is the American dream, I'd rather stay put here in the U.K.
    lol, you're weird. you think his life is bad? lol, yeah only so many vacations you can take I guess, only so many cars you can own. Also pretty sure he makes music for grown ups not kids so stop the hating on what you do not like. I could easily sit here and say the same about your life, only difference is I would be right and you delusional.

---------- Post added 2013-01-23 at 02:21 PM ----------

I'm not about to flaunt the amount I earn online, for many reasons (one of them being most people wouldn't believe it anyway), but earning that amount of money is pointless. I earn far more then I need to, enough to ensure that for generations of my family will live without any money worries, but I could turn that easily into more then he earns if I wanted.

The reason I don't is because I don't want to work like a fool, like he has. He had to work hard to get where he is, If I wanted to be there, I'd just work smarter. Big difference. Of course it is how you view your life and what aspirations you have, but I don't need to go and buy a new car every 6 months that costs £600,000. I'm a smart man from a poor background, so I know when to be thankful, and not wasteful.

Also, please prove me wrong about how his entire success has been almost entirely by luck. If teenagers never bothered listening to half the shit they do, he wouldn't be as successful. He has very little skills (that I know of, I could be totally wrong) other then his music, and like all musicians, he'll have his day and then disappear.

If he was a talent businessman, had a passion for music and art then I'd say no more then "Kudos! You've done well!" but... Again, he has worked hard and not smart. Almost the entire world works hard, and look at most people, in debt, only go on holiday once a year to a shitty location, and are reliant on other people to keep them employed. He is in the same boat, I'm not, and nor is anyone else I know of that earns a good couple of million each year.
    Put it this way, hes out doing something right now that is interesting, you however, are posting on MMO forums... you nowhere near his league and I don't even care for the guy or rap.

The reason why I said Jay and not Eminem is because Jay is bigger then Em. Eminem is only known for rapping, and nothing more. Jay however built himself an empire and a brand name that is immediately associated with success. He just signed a deal to have the 40/40 club open up in pretty much every national airport in the US. To be blunt, he's probably the only artist in any popular genre of music that has surpassed it. He's been seen with Bill Gates and even had a joint interview with Warren Buffett about business. He's on the level of Madonna, U2, Elvis, and the Rolling Stones.

In fact someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe only Elvis has had more top singles then Jay-Z in the history of music?

Nas lost.
    Last edited by Chingylol; 2013-01-24 at 12:55 AM.

I forgot that truth plays no part in modern day socity

If he was a talent businessman, had a passion for music and art then I'd say no more then "Kudos! You've done well!" but....
    Anyone with even a passing familiarity with Jay-Z is aware that his income comes primarily as a result of his business acumen. There's nothing better than someone on the internet talking about how they're actually a lot smarter worker than a guy that made half a billion dollars from nothing.

this is not, an american dream.
    1) Load the amount of weight I would deadlift onto the bench
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps
    4) Be ashamed of constantly skipping leg day

Quote Originally Posted by oxymoronic View Post
    you don't believe in reality?

Also I wonder if his girl was paid to lip sing the NATIONAL ANTHEM.
    If you believe wealth is a zero sum game, than you believe that a worth of a tree in the woods is same as a wooden table+chair set.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH1471 View Post
    The Military have already done that and judged me accordingly, I have nothing to hide. I am no saint, but I am no scumbag gangster either.

---------- Post added 2013-01-23 at 01:53 AM ----------

That made no sense at all to me.
    Military has done what? You're hiding by being very vague.

---------- Post added 2013-02-01 at 10:25 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by RICH1471 View Post
    Well said, showing remorse doesn't help the people you harmed while "learning your lesson". I have more respect for the single mother working two jobs to support her kids than I do an ex drug dealer that became rich by rapping.
    He didn't make his wealth by "just rapping". He was smart with his money, started businesses and made wise investments. There are plenty of people out there that made fortunes and squandered it. And the overly judgmental people are the ones with the most skeletons in their closets. It's called projection. That's what you're doing.

---------- Post added 2013-02-01 at 10:28 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Soutalgon View Post
    Jay z also once sold drugs to get by and amass wealth to start his "empire." So the American dream is to ruin the lives of others eh?
    Yeah, because every dude on the corner selling drugs is making a fortune. You watch too many movies.
    "Do you think man will ever walk on the sun? -Ali G

this kind of stories exist in every country

10+ Year Old Account
    every one of my key strokes is actually a brush stroke on the canvas that is the off-topic forum
    worlds ugliest man marries hot chick. I guess money isn't important.

He's just as much the definition of the American Dream as my mom is. It's interesting how people either pretend it is rare, or that it is doesn't exist anymore...just shows how we in 1st world don't realize how lucky we are.
    X

Gotta hand it to him. Making money out of thin air is quite a feat. Why is it still called "The American Dream"? US social mobility is not really living up to the name.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Raidenx View Post
    People still think it doesnt exist, when America is still one of the top countries when it comes to social mobility. It's just not a unique experience anymore
    In terms of social mobility your better off living in Europe. Look it up, should't take long.

He's not the definition of an American Dream. He and his girlfriend hosted fund raisers for Obama during re-election campaigning raising a bunch of money from him. Those pictures were taken while he was visiting the President. I hate to break it to you there is nothing magical or American Dream about it. You know what is the American Dream. People who escape from other country's because they want to provide a better life for themselves or their family.

You do realize Obama taken thousands of pictures during fund raisers. If I had a billion dollars. I could sent a million over and had the President hang out with me. No one sole person is the American Dream. If you like Jay Z that's cool but don't try shove it down our throats that he's the meaning of American Dream just because that's the title of the thread.

Quote Originally Posted by someotherguy View Post
    If you believe wealth is a zero sum game, than you believe that a worth of a tree in the woods is same as a wooden table+chair set.
    wealth is a % game - doesn't matter matter how much you have, matters how much you have compared to everybody else... simple economics. If you have 50 billion dollars it is useless if everybody else does... therefor it is a zero sum game. dont let bad politicians lie to you.

also that is a horrible analogy that makes no sense, please don't do it again.

---------- Post added 2013-02-01 at 04:37 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by FusedMass View Post
    He's not the definition of an American Dream. He and his girlfriend hosted fund raisers for Obama during re-election campaigning raising a bunch of money from him. Those pictures were taken while he was visiting the President. I hate to break it to you there is nothing magical or American Dream about it. You know what is the American Dream. People who escape from other country's because they want to provide a better life for themselves or their family.

You do realize Obama taken thousands of pictures during fund raisers. If I had a billion dollars. I could sent a million over and had the President hang out with me. No one sole person is the American Dream. If you like Jay Z that's cool but don't try shove it down our throats that he's the meaning of American Dream just because that's the title of the thread.
    I think he just meant hes a product of the american dream and you took it like he was literally the only american dream success story.

---------- Post added 2013-02-01 at 04:39 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by zuluslayer View Post
    In terms of social mobility your better off living in Europe. Look it up, should't take long.
    results are skewed - only a fool would believe that, besides does any country over there even have 200million people let alone 310+million. So sick of you little countries trying to compare yourself to USA, stop it, you can't. Makes you look retarded even trying.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    He doesn't define the American dream any more than a single painting defines art.

I live my 'American' dream and grew up just as poor as he did (if not worse) but since I've never sold drugs, shot anyone, gone out of my way to sound uneducated to sell records, and I'm not black I don't think the president will be asking me to the white house any time soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Dald View Post
    He's just a face and name, a front. White people run everything.
    and 80% of genocides.