Page 1 of 2
LastLast

[Balance] Gemming help

How accurate is rawr this tier btw first of all ? Cuz I was under the impression that crit was quite strong. While having a stat weight of 1.2 for me at the moment, it is still nothing compared to the 2.99 of intellect. Every gem socket in my rawr profile favors straight int gems over crit gems. And the yellow slots favor int/crit gems, never straight crit.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...tafix/advanced

I just got LFR Stonebound Cinch, and want to know how to go about gemming that as well. (It has a yellow and blue socket, plus a buckle prismatic, with a bonus of 120 spirit)

robot is making me go all out on haste. Rawr has crit higher than haste for me, i'm assuming cuz of the current gear level. So who's right ?

Quote Originally Posted by Saoron View Post
    robot is making me go all out on haste. Rawr has crit higher than haste for me, i'm assuming cuz of the current gear level. So who's right ?
    Wrathcalcs from the Elitist Jerks Druid section. Has stat weights on second sheet of the excel file (Might have to press F9 to refresh if numbers don't make sense)

Wrathcalcs sides with haste as well. But I can't reach the breakpoint just yet without sacrificing too much crit. Is haste under the breakpoint still > crit ?

Wrathcalcs sides with haste as well. But I can't reach the breakpoint just yet without sacrificing too much crit. Is haste under the breakpoint still > crit ?
    Are you by any chance using the PTR version? If yes what is your ilvl? I see Haste>Crit too in PTR version (as opposed to Crit>Haste in live one) and I don't know if it's a bug or a haste fix...

I'm not sure. I don't believe it is the PTR version. My armory is linked in the first post.

The real problem is that this is for a Patchwork situation. In most real fights, crit comes out ahead due to being better suited for movement and multidotting.

As it has been simulated 1000+ times, and there has been 100+ threads on this forum, 320+ crit is the way to go. Check the boomkins around in the top guild and see what they gem. If you're looking for stat priorites: Hit -> Haste cap(5273) -> Crit
    eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/shattered-hand/Andycandyy/advanced

crit
    crit/spirit
    crit/expertise or crit/int

when you have decent gear and can get the 5273 haste easily, do that. you can swap some crit gems for haste if it helps.

with your gear, i would just stack crit for now.

ah so ignore rawr etc then eh.. should I replace my int spirit gems to crit spirit as well ? like literally crit in every slot except red ? or int crit in red as well ?

---------- Post added 2013-01-24 at 01:00 AM ----------

gemmed crit.. ran lfr terrace.. total SS procs LOST (procc'd mid cast so i couldn't use them) = 42. WTF ???

---------- Post added 2013-01-24 at 01:02 AM ----------

should I just add ss to a stop cast macro ? is it worth to stop a starfire cast to use the proc ? or only a non eclipsed one ? what about wraths ? Or should I not bother and just use it whenever I can ?

don't cancel a cast to use a SS proc. and they're not lost if you're casting something else when they proc. just use it after that cast is finished.

It's not like haste would have improved that any.

A proc is only lost when either a) 15s elapse without you being able to use it(so the buff fades) or b) you get a new proc before you can use it.

Haste could just as easily cause b), and doesn't help with a) any more than crit does. If you don't have a target for 15 seconds, it doesn't matter what you're gemming.

by lost i mean i queued a cast, and it proccd immediately. then another procc'd during that same cast. So it just refreshed the proc. So the first one was 'lost'. During protectors, during CA when i threw dots on the other two, at one point i spammed 4 SS in a row. They kept proccing. So in multi target situations is it worth it to stop cast ? Obv it's not worth it to stop a starfire during buffs etc. Just talking about non-eclipse casts. Especially wrath which hits for nothing.

It's never worth it to stop a cast. Human reaction time is to slow.

aight so don't stop a cast and crit > haste until I can comfortably reach the first breakpoint. But no one answered about int vs crit ?

Ej claims until 60, 1 int > 2 crit. But drops after that ? spreadsheets point to int being superior and make me use int/spirit and int/crit and straight int (for red), instead of spirit/crit and straight crit. Should I ignore that as well and just go with crit and spirit/crit for yellow and blue ?

Deleted
    Definitive answer:- 15% Hit, 5273 Haste, then Crit all the way. The haste cap changes with the 4set bonus though.

aight so don't stop a cast and crit > haste until I can comfortably reach the first breakpoint. But no one answered about int vs crit ?

Ej claims until 60, 1 int > 2 crit. But drops after that ? spreadsheets point to int being superior and make me use int/spirit and int/crit and straight int (for red), instead of spirit/crit and straight crit. Should I ignore that as well and just go with crit and spirit/crit for yellow and blue ?
    From my experience it's 1 Intel > 2 Crit until you get some raid gear, then it becomes 1 Intel < 2 Crit. At some point around 495ilvl Intellect starts to catch up and become equal or higher again but only for a a few ilvls. Anyway you are safe to keep the default crit gemming throughout this tier, as it provides movement dps and a boost on multitarget fights.

ah kk thanks.. i guess spreadsheets favor int cuz it's a standstill patchwerk scenario.. i'll stick to crit then (it's an alt anyways, i just like to min/max)

Quote Originally Posted by Juvencus View Post
    Are you by any chance using the PTR version? If yes what is your ilvl? I see Haste>Crit too in PTR version (as opposed to Crit>Haste in live one) and I don't know if it's a bug or a haste fix...
    Hmm, crit should be a little better than haste in the default gear in the most recent uploaded version (which is pretty crit heavy as it is). Not allowed to link (eyeroll), but last page of WC thread on EJ Druid forum.

As far as crit vs. Int gems, they're very close. My guide basically just says "they're very close, use either, or check WC in your gear for details."