Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Gaming mouse for FPS games. Under $40

what are your recommendations for FPS gaming mouse? i currently have a MMO gaming mouse, therefore havinga hard time getting the job done because it's large so i need to buy a new mouse for FPS
    also under $40 is what i'm looking for.
    TY

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0055QZ216/?tag=pcpapi-20
    Pretty much the best you can get with that budget. It is a really good mouse with and excellent sensor now as well.

http://us.ncix.com/products/?sku=629...e=COOLERMASTER
    This is also very good for the price. Has some really good reviews.
    Intel i5-3570K @ 4.7GHz | MSI Z77 Mpower | Noctua NH-D14 | Corsair Vengeance LP White 1.35V 8GB 1600MHz
    Gigabyte GTX 670 OC Windforce 3X @ 1372/7604MHz | Corsair Force GT 120GB | Silverstone Fortress FT02 | Corsair VX450

Deleted
    You can go with a trusty G400 for 35 bucks on amazon linked by n0cturnal above.

Or you can go above your budget with an extra 3.50$ for a g9x: http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-Gamin...1&keywords=g9x (CoD version is cheaper than the original)
    Last edited by mmocdae4424a1e; 2013-01-23 at 06:01 AM.

do you think this mouse is a good? i have never heard of this brand. looking at the reviews most of them are positive.
    http://www.amazon.com/Anker-Precisio...s=gaming+mouse
    otherwise i would go with G400

10+ Year Old Account
    Unknown brands are usually bad, this was atleast my experience with the Leetgion Hellion. The quality assurance on that was worse than Razer, which is already pretty bad.

Go with the G400, you won't regret it.
    i7-6700k 4.2GHz | Gigabyte GTX 980 | 16GB Kingston HyperX | Intel 750 Series SSD 400GB | Corsair H100i | Noctua IndustialPPC
    ASUS PB298Q 4K | 2x QNIX QH2710 | CM Storm Rapid w/ Reds | Zowie AM | Schiit Stack w/ Sennheiser HD8/Antlion Modmic

Armory

Logitech, or death. The G400 is one of my favourite budget mice of all time.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you want a mouse for FPS games, you'd want one where you can change the DPI on it. Idk if the mouses above me provide a program to change your DPI or not.

Just found out the mouse Trungalung provides adjustable DPI (http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-Gamin...1&keywords=g9x) which is really nice IMO.

If you can wring out an extra few buck you could go with http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16826816006
    Final price after $15 MIR is $29.99 with free shipping

Quote Originally Posted by jholdaway View Post
    If you can wring out an extra few buck you could go with http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16826816006
    Final price after $15 MIR is $29.99 with free shipping
    Nice find jholdaway! Here I was fiddling with my dying Logitech G500(Not sure what caused it, but it is definitely dying) and thinking it may just be time to buy a new mouse. That M60 would match my beloved Corsair K60 keyboard perfectly.
    i5-3570k @ 4.6Ghz | Phanteks TC14PE | Asus Sabertooth Z77 | Gigabyte GTX 1080 | 16GB Corsair Vengeance
    Asus Xonar Essence STX | Crucial M4 256MB | Seasonic X760 Gold | Silverstone FT02

Asus PG258Q 240Hz 24.5" | Das Keyboard 4 Pro | Logitech G502 | Audiotechnica ATH-AD900X | Blue Yeti

Glad I could help. I always like it when things match lol. Got my M90 mouse yesterday and ordered the K90 keyboard 30 minutes after I started using the mouse.
    Last edited by jholdaway; 2013-01-23 at 01:57 PM.

I originally bought a K90 earlier last year. I quickly realized that I had dropped MMO's all together and had no need for the massive macro pad. I ended up picking up a K60 at a local microcenter during a crazy deal on top of an awesome mail-in rebate offer. Absolutely love it, though at times I miss my K90 LEDS. Which is weird as I mostly hate LED laden hardware as it tends to look tacky.

My K90 found a home, as a friend offered to pay the difference on my K60 after the mail-in rebate. Allowing me essentially a free exchange!

Can't wait to get my new M60 mouse, my double clicking logitech g500 is hurting my gameplay. Not to mention the evil scroll wheel on this thing.
    i5-3570k @ 4.6Ghz | Phanteks TC14PE | Asus Sabertooth Z77 | Gigabyte GTX 1080 | 16GB Corsair Vengeance
    Asus Xonar Essence STX | Crucial M4 256MB | Seasonic X760 Gold | Silverstone FT02

Asus PG258Q 240Hz 24.5" | Das Keyboard 4 Pro | Logitech G502 | Audiotechnica ATH-AD900X | Blue Yeti

I can recommend Logitech MX510, but I dont think they are still being made ! This beauty has been with me since 2004 and it survived countless hours of diablo 2 and counter strike and even more of WoW. I think Logitech G400 is the closest you can get to MX510 now, and its pretty cheap.

If the scroll wheel is the same on the m60 as the m90 then I think you're going to love it. It has a good solid feel to it. I'm not a bit fan of PC fps games. I know it maybe frowned upon but I rather play them on my Xbox.

Deleted
    G400. Not only does it cost ~$35-40, it is regarded as one of the best mice on the market for first person shooters.

Other mice that fight for the title:
    - Mionix Naos 3200
    - Steelseries Sensei
    - Razer DeathAdder
    - Logitech G9x
    - Zowie AM (or AM GS)

Get a Logitech G500

BEST MOUSE EVER

two choices : Either the G400 everyone's raving about or the cooler master storm spawn.
    I personally prefer the latter. But my fave mouse will forever be the MX revo, mine died but it was the best mouse ever
    "Marketing is what you do when your product is no good."

Used to have a G5, then a G500, then I got a Steelseries Cataclysm mouse. That one was bad and it felt like I had arthritis after 2 hours of use. I succumbed to the great peripheral God that is Logitech and bought a G700. Best mouse so far in my opinion, fits perfectly in my hand and has just enough buttons in just the right places. I'd recommend a G500 though, you're gonna have to look hard for a better mouse.

Deleted
    The Ninox Aurora looks promising. http://www.esreality.com/post/217319...e-development/

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Garrett View Post
    Get a Logitech G500

BEST MOUSE EVER
    There was a review that labeled the G500 as a "mouse that will kill you in games"

If you're looking for functional thumb buttons and use of a clickable scroll wheel in gaming... do not buy the G500. Too many times has my scroll wheel screwed me in WoW as well as other games where I hotkeyed it.

Not to mention the software managing the infinite scroll being lackluster at best. The logitech software randomly sets the scroll wheel settings to the highest. It requires me the open the software, navigate to scroll settings and hit apply to revert back to my desired settings. I have uninstalled, removed profiles, tried profiles, set global profile.. it doesn't matter, the issue always returns. It's an issue that other G500 owners deal with as well.

Quote Originally Posted by BruceG87 View Post
    There was a review that labeled the G500 as a "mouse that will kill you in games"

If you're looking for functional thumb buttons and use of a clickable scroll wheel in gaming... do not buy the G500. Too many times has my scroll wheel screwed me in WoW as well as other games where I hotkeyed it.

Not to mention the software managing the infinite scroll being lackluster at best. The logitech software randomly sets the scroll wheel settings to the highest. It requires me the open the software, navigate to scroll settings and hit apply to revert back to my desired settings. I have uninstalled, removed profiles, tried profiles, set global profile.. it doesn't matter, the issue always returns. It's an issue that other G500 owners deal with as well.
    i bought it for 39.99 should i return and get something else?