Page 1 of 10
... LastLast

The Lion Roars -- Forced Content

So, I am currently on the Legendary quest called "The Lion Roars" The Alliance PvP quest.

Where you have to go into Temple of Kotmogu and Silvershard mines and WIN them.

Why is this something we PvE'ers are FORCED to do? - Not only is my battlegroup absolutely atrocious at PvP, But going into a BG full of PvE geared people? We might as well just run in there naked for all it counts for.

I understand that Blizzards little mini-game is failing by the minute, But pushing and forcing people into doing something they absolutely despise? How will this fix the problem?

Now thankfully I am already done with Kotmogu (It only took me 25 matches to win one -_-)

But now begins the long grueling process of winning Silvershard mines.

And before any of you say "YOUR NOT FORCED TO DO THE QUEST" You obviously don't raid.

Try and explain to your raid leader that you won't do the legendary quest, And you are fine with a LFR purple, Instead of a powerful legendary. You will be laughed out of the guild.

Winning 2 BGs as part of a legendary quest line is too demanding and makes you feel strong-armed into doing something? You don't have to do it, be content to stay where you are in the chain if thats something you don't want to do. Also, about the whole "you don't raid thing", thats your raid leader/GM "forcing" you, not Blizzard. Content is what it is. Personally I'd laugh someone out for complaining about having to win a few BGs on a path to what is arguably the easiest legendary to date -.-

10+ Year Old Account
    The forced dilema again, what the hell is going on with people this expac?, Also are you actually complaining that you need to win 2 bgs? 2? not 5 not 8 2 wins? For something as nice as a continuation of an epic questline? Are you serious?

It is BLATENTLY forced content, How can you deny that?

I am a PvE'er. I don't touch PvP, I don't like PvP, I wish it was removed from the game. Yet it is part of my Legendary quest, Therefore FORCING ME to PvP, The thing I despise. I CANNOT REACH THE NEXT STAGE OF THE QUESTLINE UNLESS I DO THE PVP QUEST

Are you sure it is not YOU That is the dense one?

The weak must be forced. That's why you submit to anything that comes in your raid leader's mind.

10+ Year Old Account
    Do you actually realise what you get from it? Do you know what putting effort into something means?

Quote Originally Posted by Elysara View Post

I am a PvE'er. I don't touch PvP, I don't like PvP, I wish it was removed from the game. Yet it is part of my Legendary quest, Therefore FORCING ME to PvP, The thing I despise. I CANNOT REACH THE NEXT STAGE OF THE QUESTLINE UNLESS I DO THE PVP QUEST

Again, it's not forced, and no one is demanding you finish an arena season with a title of Gladiator (though that'd be bloody brilliant). No you just have to win a BG. You can AFK the whole damned time and get your objectives complete, like everyone else. Stop complaining.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shampro View Post
    The forced dilema again, what the hell is going on with people this expac?, Also are you actually complaining that you need to win 2 bgs? 2? not 5 not 8 2 wins? For something as nice as a continuation of an epic questline? Are you serious?
    Well, I don't mind having to do some pvp for my legendary quest... but it isn't really going to be fun for me with my very bad pvp gear that I got while I did some arena with my friend. If I had the chance to be of any use in a bg with pve gear that would be fine, but really. Winning is kinda hard when you're facing people in pvp gear, hoping your team will carry you.

Be grateful it's only the two new BGs, and not the..I'm not 100% sure but pretty sure at a point in the PTR had to win like 100 or 1000 BGs, and a lot more grinding in Krasong Wild. They wanted you to PVP a LOT more, but toned it down. Plus, it could be worse. And you're getitng a fricken extra gem socket for +550 stats.

Hoof Hearted!!!
    10+ Year Old Account

Not forced at all, unless you don't mind not progressing because of 2 battlegrounds.
    Quote Originally Posted by ZehGeek View Post
    Be grateful it's only the two new BGs, and not the..I'm not 100% sure but pretty sure at a point in the PTR had to win like 100 or 1000 BGs, and a lot more grinding in Krasong Wild. They wanted you to PVP a LOT more, but toned it down. Plus, it could be worse. And you're getitng a fricken extra gem socket for +550 stats.
    No, you are not getting an extra slot for a +550 gem, you are getting a prismatic socket for a normal gem since the +550 gems are limit 1 equipped per character.
    when all else fails, read the STICKIES.

Sort of like PVPers have been forced for years to do PVE content to get the best trinkets/weapons that are requisites for high end Arena?

Besides, you'll feel prouder when you complete these quests than you did when you completed A Rare Bean, now won't you?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Constellation View Post
    Again, it's not forced, and no one is demanding you finish an arena season with a title of Gladiator (though that'd be bloody brilliant). No you just have to win a BG. You can AFK the whole damned time and get your objectives complete, like everyone else. Stop complaining.
    The Gladiator bit would be dumb, that would be the same as asking you to complete all raids on heroic difficulty for one of the quests, which at this point in the questline is pointless.

On the whole though, it doesn;t take long to get the lion roars quest done tbh, I have no pvp gear whatsoever and came 2nd on KB and dmg done in the 1st BG and 4th in the 2nd. If you have a bit of a sucky battlegroup then I guess you are just not very lucky, though mine isn't supposed to be amazing i dont think.

Honestly I am starting to doubt whether it is even worth it. I have no idea where the whole legendary weapon quest is going. Will there be a way to upgrade the ilevel at some point seeing as how all the new gear will be higher and we aren't even on the last tier? So far just sticking a bunch of gems into it is not really exciting for the royal pain in the ass that the quest line is. I really wish there was some kind of roadmap for where all this is going so we could make an informed decision on whether we want to waste all this time pursuing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyxxi View Post
    The Gladiator bit would be dumb, that would be the same as asking you to complete all raids on heroic difficulty for one of the quests, which at this point in the questline is pointless.

On the whole though, it doesn;t take long to get the lion roars quest done tbh, I have no pvp gear whatsoever and came 2nd on KB and dmg done in the 1st BG and 4th in the 2nd. If you have a bit of a sucky battlegroup then I guess you are just not very lucky, though mine isn't supposed to be amazing i dont think.
    Imo I think it was dumb that legendaries in Cata didn't require downing Rag and Madness of Heroic, respectively. Or wrath didn't require downing LK on Heroic or Hardmode Yogg to obtain the final piece which awarded the legendary itself. It's not pointless at all. Its the reward for defeating the hardest content in game at the time.
    Legendaries should require a substantial effort. And I think *season title* Gladiators should be awarded a legendary pvp weapon for finishing at the top of their game but that's a different story all together. Was just giving an example to illustrate how pointless this complaint is. Winning 2 BGs is next to no effort at all. Ending a season as Glad takes a lot of work.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    So, I am currently on the Legendary quest called "The Lion Roars" The Alliance PvP quest.

Where you have to go into Temple of Kotmogu and Silvershard mines and WIN them.

Why is this something we PvE'ers are FORCED to do? - Not only is my battlegroup absolutely atrocious at PvP, But going into a BG full of PvE geared people? We might as well just run in there naked for all it counts for.

I understand that Blizzards little mini-game is failing by the minute, But pushing and forcing people into doing something they absolutely despise? How will this fix the problem?

Now thankfully I am already done with Kotmogu (It only took me 25 matches to win one -_-)

But now begins the long grueling process of winning Silvershard mines.

And before any of you say "YOUR NOT FORCED TO DO THE QUEST" You obviously don't raid.

Try and explain to your raid leader that you won't do the legendary quest, And you are fine with a LFR purple, Instead of a powerful legendary. You will be laughed out of the guild.
    Forced or not it is a bad idea. Trying to coerce non pvp'ers to do pvp that is, it does not improve the game for anyone.

Used to make me angry in vanilla doing that idiotic missing diplomat series or whatever it was called and every time i attacked one of the named mobs for that pve quest series i got tagged. Having to make sure no horde were around before doing the part in dustwallow. Doing battle grounds for winter veil. But there is a satisfaction to be gained that can kill the anger: Your very presence diminishes the pvp experience for others, your presence helps increase the odds your side looses. It is a good thing, if the single event becomes a pattern those useless pvp'ers that want this kind of thing can get their just punishment. I take satisfaction in knowing that when this kind of thing happens i am no help at all
    Last edited by Xarkan; 2013-01-23 at 07:21 AM.

Deleted
    omg... doing 2 bgs that both take like 10 mins... it's a crime ffs..

Lol, if you won't even do something as simple as that for a 'legendary' quetsline, which isn't that hard (atm)..
    people are going to whine about having to scratch their back to get 100k gold soon..

oh boo hoo. if your raid leader can't be bothered to help you and make a team that if not geared can be coordinated better then running in with a bunch of paste eaters then you need to find a better guild. if you run into a BG in Tier level epics you are going to have a better time then some poor schmuck waltzing in with greens. on top of that it seems like this is the section of the quest chain that takes i don't know....time? effort? and not just killing mobs and grinding dungeons. but i will say jesus fuck 25 times to win a random BG? yeesh that is either an exaggeration or your battlegroup is like you said down right awful. id love to be a hordie in it.

Quote Originally Posted by bionics View Post
    Sort of like PVPers have been forced for years to do PVE content to get the best trinkets/weapons that are requisites for high end Arena?

Besides, you'll feel prouder when you complete these quests than you did when you completed A Rare Bean, now won't you?
    The difference is that Blizz has stated multiple times that its not really their intent for PVPers to have to get the PVE trinkets/weapons in order to do their best, and they have expressed wanting to fix that without ruining the items for PVE in the past, but are unable to do so.
    I no longer raid so I've had no personal experience with this, but it is annoying to have to PVP for something that it seen as a PVE item(imo). Personally, I despise PVP and I avoid it when I can, and while legendaries should be worked for (I agree that in the past certain legendaries have been too easy to get, I don't think that mixing PVE and PVP is the way to go about doing that. Make some hard solo instances like the FL staff, or harder in raid requirements, but PVP and PVE should be separate.
    Last edited by Samania; 2013-01-23 at 07:29 AM. Reason: spelling/grammar
    You know nothing of the crunch!

10+ Year Old Account
    Nobody (i.e. Blizzard) is forcing you to do the legendary questline. Nobody (i.e. Blizzard) is forcing you to get a legendary. Nobody (i.e. Blizzard) is forcing you to play (and subsequently, pay for) this game.

There's a HUGE difference between you being forced to do something (see: jumping off of a cliff at gunpoint) and having to do something you don't necessarily want to do but the end justifies the means (see: flipping patties to pay the lights).

It's amazing how people would actually defend this as if it was a good thing. A good thing for who, exactly? The person who is uninterested in PvP yet is being pushed towards it anyway? The PvPers who get a - presumably ungeared and unskilled - player on their team who doesn't even want to be there? I only see downsides and not a whole lot of benefits, to be honest.