Poll: Which cinematic do you think was better overall?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    starcraft 2 was pretty good and i wasn't expecting it to be a dream showing her inner desires/ fears/ demons

elder scrolls was rather typical and pretty much the exact same as the warhammer cinematic :P

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wasselina View Post
    Found out that This picture is in the HotS opening cinematic between 8-9 seconds.
    Interesting. I wonder if someone found that themselves or if a Blizzard employee mentioned it, maybe anonymously.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    Interesting. I wonder if someone found that themselves or if a Blizzard employee mentioned it, maybe anonymously.
    I believe it is some sort of easter egg from them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dyra View Post
    Because what they are atm are plait tugging, sniffing, glaring, prissy, clothes obsessed bitches who I would quite cheerfully drown.
    I often post from my mobile device, typos in my posts are 99% likely to be because of that.
    All I would ever want and need is a hug.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I can't tell which is more impressive from a technical viewpoint, but I prefer the HotS cinematic by far. The ESO one just felt incredibly generic, not to mention the wannabe ninja crossing the makeshift bridge was way, way, way too ridiculous.

They are both pretty good, always enjoy little CGI movies like this when they are well done. That being said, nothing about the ESO one makes me excited to play the game itself, I really love Skyrim but I really can't say an MMO version of that interests me in the slightest, and this video hasn't really changed my mind. Sure, it might be good, but I'm not sure how it's going to be any different/better than any existing MMO with pretty much the same exact setting, just a different IP.

I thought the HoTS one was better, it's not as good as some of the other Blizz ones but there is also a lot of action and it's about the right length. If nothing else, seeing Ultralisks in CGI is pretty badass.

Quote Originally Posted by Staler View Post
    One does not simply make better cinematic than blizzard!
    Mmmmhm, Blizzard are too good at this, no contest. Like them both.

I really don't see the point in comparing them. One is based around science fiction and the other is medieval times. They are both awesome, neither better than the other in their own rights.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wasselina View Post
    Found out that This picture is in the HotS opening cinematic between 8-9 seconds.
    I saw that pic on reddit too, i beleive there were two of those, I was just an innocent internet user looking in reddit for "HotS picture" trying to find some info and... now internet... well you know how it ended up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Asking this question on a forum dedicated to wow kinda have to expect the answer
    personally voted for the eldar scrolls the elves in that video and the three factions creating the eldar scrolls symbol got me hyped to play this game
    If everything I do is wrong then by god ill do it right

Quote Originally Posted by Window View Post
    Asking this question on a forum dedicated to wow kinda have to expect the answer
    You also can't expect people to read ANY of the topic at all before they post, otherwise they might know that this has already been said.

Multiple times.

10+ Year Old Account
    The only thing i fucking hated about HotS cinematic: No protoss... FUCKING SHOW ME A COLOSSUS ROASTING HYDRALISKS AND THE MOTHERSHIP (which is utter shit in HotS, but let it be there just for the shobo) or something, or show the widow mines firing up against the lings with their limbs flying around :C

Quote Originally Posted by Descense View Post
    I would stil prefer a starcraft movie..... heck mass efect had a cartoon like movie.

As for elder scrolls it loses points for only showing 3 (maybe 2) races. Unles the guy in a helmet is a dwarf (dwarfs were extinkt) http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Dwemer .
    It showed 6 races: Breton and Redguard (soldiers), Nord and Dark Elves (mages), Altmer and what I'm assuming were Wood Elves.

They didn't detail the secondary races because the Bretons, Nords and Altmers are the "leaders" of their specific factions.

They didn't show the beast races + Orcimer for whatever reason.

I think the HotS cinematic is the best I've ever seen because it exemplifies Blizzard cinematics. It has the most action of any Blizzard cinematic ever, it has that "HOLY CRAP" factor x10, it has the story elements alluded to without ruining it. It's all just molded together better than any cinematic I've ever seen before. Yes, even better than the WotLK one and Illidan summoning the naga despite having played WC III way back when.
    Last edited by Flaks; 2013-01-25 at 07:59 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

SC2 hands down for me. ESO could have been any medieval fantasy game while SC2 had a clear picture of what the game has, Zerg, Terran and Sarah Kerrigan trying to be cured from being the QoB while she still has nightmares of being 1.

Though I am far more excited about ESO (don't even play SC) I much prefered the HotS cinematic.
    It looked so much more intense and bad-ass with models being more impressive than humans and elves.
    That said, even if they added the awesome Argonians it would fail to compare against the zergling rush.

To be honest, the Heart of Swarm didn't impress me that much.

It was entertaining to watch and very well done in terms of visuals but also represents fullest the issue I have with some of the Blizzard's latest trailers cinematics, which I'd call a mix of Michael Bayation and George Lucaism. And what that means, adding as much action and explosion as possible while filling every single frame with so much stuff the thing gets extremely dense.

Personally I am in favour of the Starcraft 1 cinematics as they hit my favourite style of filmography. Brooding and slow paced with almoust no action but with extremely thick atmoshpere and events.

As such HotS trailer, while entertaining to watch left quite a meh aftertaste. I did like how it in the end was dream sequence though, nice touch.

As for ESO trailer, I was extremely bored throughout of it. Bland would be the perfect word of description.
    Last edited by Wilian; 2013-01-25 at 11:53 AM.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    It showed 6 races: Breton and Redguard (soldiers), Nord and Dark Elves (mages), Altmer and what I'm assuming were Wood Elves.

They didn't detail the secondary races because the Bretons, Nords and Altmers are the "leaders" of their specific factions.

They didn't show the beast races + Orcimer for whatever reason.

I think the HotS cinematic is the best I've ever seen because it exemplifies Blizzard cinematics. It has the most action of any Blizzard cinematic ever, it has that "HOLY CRAP" factor x10, it has the story elements alluded to without ruining it. It's all just molded together better than any cinematic I've ever seen before. Yes, even better than the WotLK one and Illidan summoning the naga despite having played WC III way back when.
    I didn't see a single Redguard. I saw Argonians and Khajiit though.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Diablo 3's "I am justice itself" and Arthas's betreyal have got to be the best cinematics Blizzard ever made imo.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildmoon View Post
    Diablo 3's "I am justice itself" and Arthas's betreyal have got to be the best cinematics Blizzard ever made imo.
    Meh, the "Thrall & Grom vs Mannoroth" tops all of them.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

I couldn't tell it was Elder Scrolls game from that cinematic if I didn't know it already.. in that regard, fail. But the quality was pretty nice. SC2 was more stylized and massive in a sense. While both were decent, I prefer HOTS just because ESO was so damn generic.

Quote Originally Posted by Thes View Post
    I couldn't tell it was Elder Scrolls game from that cinematic if I didn't know it already.. in that regard, fail. But the quality was pretty nice. SC2 was more stylized and massive in a sense. While both were decent, I prefer HOTS just because ESO was so damn generic.
    Yeah that was my problem with as well. It was incredibly generic, and to be frank, just boring.