New Warlock spell?

http://ptr.wowhead.com/spell=138605

This spell requires level 20 and does shadow damage and I'm thinking maybe this is the spell that replaces Cataclysm maybe?

Sadly, it might not be a Warlock spell, however I hope that it has to do with Warlocks and their new questline. That might a sign of a new spell to come indeed.

Perhaps a Glyph for SoC?

Deleted
    100 yards range, static 30000 damage, already used icon, unlikely :/

Sounds like a Ra'den ability sadly, or maybe a heroic boss move from Throne

Armory^

Quote Originally Posted by Drakile View Post
    Sounds like a Ra'den ability sadly, or maybe a heroic boss move from Throne
    If its a Titan ability then I hope Mages won't be stealing Blood magic (lorthemar speech) and Void magic as well. Talk about a weak class not being able to stand on its own (Mage).

During the Warlock questline one of the enemies you fight uses a spell called "Seed of Terrible Destruction" (http://ptr.wowhead.com/spell=138587) which erupts into one of several random effects - this is one of those effects.

Just because an NPC spell randomly has a level requirement doesnt mean it's meant for players.
    Last edited by Netherspark; 2013-01-23 at 06:34 PM.

Deleted
    A Black Hole as a warlock spell would be...interesting. Oh and were Cataclysm and Supernova scrapped or just delayed? I was looking forward to Supernova, solar-phenomenon themed warlock spells are interesting.
    Last edited by mmoc2c2bcbefc4; 2013-01-23 at 04:46 PM.

Do you think that the blood as power source that Lor'themar mentions is another possible Warlock spell?

Deleted
    While it would be indeed great, it's really impossible. 100 yard range: watch be CARPET BOMB blacksmith from LM with this instant spell with knockback and a slow while my rogue friends caps the flag. Did I mention it does damage too? Want to try and recap? Oh the event horizon begs to differ *bam*.

It would be fun though. Very fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    During the Warlock questline one of the enemies you fight uses a spell called "Seed of Terrible Destruction" (http://ptr.wowhead.com/spell=138587) which erupts into one of several random effects - this is one of those effects.

Just because an NPC spell randomly has a level requirement doesnt mean it's meant for players.
    Sorry to go off-topic but how did you get access to the warlock questline? Prior to this new build I thought it wasn't available yet because people couldn't find the book to start it.

Would indeed solve most Warlock issues regarding a "get away" tool, But 30k sec? seems quite high And I'm also most certain this spell is for a boss or some questline.

Quote Originally Posted by Bareno View Post
    Sorry to go off-topic but how did you get access to the warlock questline? Prior to this new build I thought it wasn't available yet because people couldn't find the book to start it.
    I didn't, but Wowhead has datamined many of the spells involved and it's easy to infer what they're intended for.

Well one of the abilities from the green icons is "Ability_Warlock_infernogreen_1", that might possibly be something new.

Herald of the Titans PickleballAce's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by maxser View Post
    Well one of the abilities from the green icons is "Ability_Warlock_infernogreen_1", that might possibly be something new.
    Same icon as immolation aura...that's my guess for what it is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Samakuro View Post
    A Black Hole as a warlock spell would be...interesting. Oh and were Cataclysm and Supernova scrapped or just delayed? I was looking forward to Supernova, solar-phenomenon themed warlock spells are interesting.
    I 2nd this post, as interesting as the Black Hole may be, I was really looking forward to the cataclysm spell & supernova glyph
    Quote Originally Posted by Naphta
    The tank is the driver, healer is the fuel. And the DPS are the kids sitting in the back crying about if they're there yet. And this is coming from a DPS.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Butcher View Post
    I 2nd this post, as interesting as the Black Hole may be, I was really looking forward to the cataclysm spell & supernova glyph
    They're cool ideas, but I have to agree with the reasons given for axing them. Cataclysm would seem to have no balanced mid-point between too weak and too strong, and while Supernova made me laugh you're more likely to blow all your Embers on Ember Tap than you are to go suicide bomber on a group of enemies.

Still, the idea of a Black Hole spell appeals to me, even though this one is clearly an NPC ability. Something that's a mix of Gorefiend's Grasp and Ursol's Vortex that yanks melee off you and keeps them away long enough to actually cast a spell or two. The fact that so many new player abilities have been previewed on NPCs gives me some hope that they're experimenting in that direction.

Black Hole is an iconic Warlock ability. Its about THE Darkness power, isn't that what the class is about?

This shit would be amazing. Let it be so! PLOX blizz!!!!!

Somewhat relevant:

I hope that Chaos Wave having no animation as of the newest build is a bug or a placeholder state for something new.