Poll: Are you an Organ donor?

Page 1 of 12
... LastLast
    Deleted

Question Are you an organ/blood donor?

Apart from illegal organ donating i think most countries are pretty short on Organ donors.
    While most of us are almost all on the recieving end, Giving is rather not so populair.
    What about you? Are you donating you Organs after you pass away or do you feel like you want to go into the ground as a whole?

And for the people who are Organ donors, Do you feel that you should only be allowed to recieve Organs when you also allow to give?
    Or do you feel that everyone deserves an Organ regardless of giving? And are you donating blood?

I'm not a donor myself, Though i am thinking about it. I do at some point want to donate blood, As i have 0Negative its very usefull to people. ( so i've heard )

Oh and do you think that solving the lack of organ donors could be solved if the goverment decided to pay people for it? Once they're dead?
    So more people are inclined to give up their Organs. So lets say you'd get a 50-100k For giving up your Organs when you pass. Ofcourse you'd get them before you die though at the age you can consent. But when you do accept the money you cannot undo it anymore.

"don't know what the values are but as you can't legally sell them i suppose there arent any at all"

What is your view on it?

Deleted
    I am a registered organ donor, apart from my eyes. Theres just something that creeps me about someone else using my eyes.

10+ Year Old Account
    They can take whatever they want from me when I'm gone, won't need it where I'm going
    "One touch of nature makes the whole world kin." - William Shakespeare

~ Sig and Avatar by Shyama <3 ~

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm a registered donor. It seems almost selfish not to be really, at least to me. Once I'm dead I don't need any part of my body so if it can go to help save someone else's life, then why not?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH1471 View Post
    I am a registered organ donor, apart from my eyes. Theres just something that creeps me about someone else using my eyes.
    My old teacher had that too, Though he found eyes so special that he didn't want to donate them. I guess i can understand that.

No, I think I'll keep what I got.

I'm not, but it isn't my choice. I actually would like to donate blood and be an organ donor but neither is legal for me in my country (USA) because I am gay. Also, I lived in Germany in 1989, so that also disqualifies me, at least from giving blood. Not sure if that is also on the rules list for organ donors.

If they ever remove those restrictions and allow gay men to become blood/organ donors I would. I really don't have any cares about what happens to my body once I'm dead, so if family can sell my body to science and make a little money, I'd be perfectly fine with them doing that.
    Author of Instance Profit Tracker
    Find out how much gold you earn soloing raids and dungeons

Curse | GitHub
    WowInterface

You missed organ, but not blood. I donated blood once and passed out afterwards, couldn't do much of anything the rest of the day. Even giving a 50 ml sample for tests makes me woozy and fatigued. I just can't really do it. I'm happy to let people do whatever they can with my body after I'm dead though; I honestly think every other approach is deeply immoral.

Deleted
    I'm a blood donor. Been since I was 18 Some extra money in your pockets. And the feeling that you're doing some good

I want to, but I can't. I'm pretty sure you have to be over 18, which I'm not, so I voted that I can't because of health issues, which is sort of true

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    You missed organ, but not blood. I donated blood once and passed out afterwards, couldn't do much of anything the rest of the day. Even giving a 50 ml sample for tests makes me woozy and fatigued. I just can't really do it. I'm happy to let people do whatever they can with my body after I'm dead though; I honestly think every other approach is deeply immoral.
    I tried to think of as many poll options as possible, I thought this was about it! Guess not

Quote Originally Posted by Arcilux View Post
    I'm not, but it isn't my choice. I actually would like to donate blood and be an organ donor but neither is legal for me in my country (USA) because I am gay. Also, I lived in Germany in 1989, so that also disqualifies me, at least from giving blood. Not sure if that is also on the rules list for organ donors.

If they ever remove those restrictions and allow gay men to become blood/organ donors I would. I really don't have any cares about what happens to my body once I'm dead, so if family can sell my body to science and make a little money, I'd be perfectly fine with them doing that.
    I don't get it, What is wrong with blood/organs from gay people?

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Both an Organ donor and Blood Donor. i don't have any use for my organs after i'm dead, helping someone else that needs them would make me die with "honor"

Blood as well, produce enough blood that i can spare some :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Spicy View Post
    They can take whatever they want from me when I'm gone, won't need it where I'm going
    Precisely my train of thought. Barring religious reasons, I think that donation should be mandatory and those that decline to be donors truly are selfish human beings.

Registered donor, and donate blood as well (technically I'm not allowed, but since my blood is fine, and I'm O-, I do).

And yes, I believe that if you want to be able to receive a donation, you should be willing to donate yourself (i.e. be a registered donor).
    There's a law going in that direction here, in that registered donors receive donation priority over those who aren't.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiing View Post
    The concern is HIV risk. The rules were instituted when tests weren't nearly as good and there was a fair bit of panic going on. They should probably be repealed now, but it's an uphill battle.

10+ Year Old Account
    Gumdrop House, Lollipop Lane, Happy Land.
    I'm on the organ donor register - sent in the form to get on the register here in the Netherlands a few months ago. I was on the organ donor register in the UK before I left.
    They can take whatever someone needs once I'm dead. I'll have no use for it, and it might save someone else's life. Seems like a no-brainer to me.
    Avatar and signature made by ELYPOP

I tried to think of as many poll options as possible, I thought this was about it! Guess not

http://www.fda.gov/biologicsbloodvac.../ucm108186.htm

Men who have had sex with other men, at any time since 1977 (the beginning of the AIDS epidemic in the United States) are currently deferred as blood donors. This is because MSM are, as a group, at increased risk for HIV, hepatitis B and certain other infections that can be transmitted by transfusion.
    Despite the fact that straight men and women can get these same diseases, I have been tested clean and am happily married with only one partner, there is still this stereotype that AIDS is a gay disease.
    Author of Instance Profit Tracker
    Find out how much gold you earn soloing raids and dungeons

Curse | GitHub
    WowInterface

Deleted
    Organs? I am, but only because I was too lazy to opt out so far (here in Austria, you are a donor by default until you have yourself excluded from the database).
    I'll do that soon, though.

Blood? Never.

Deleted

I donate it anyway, the law against gays giving blood is just bullshit .

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcilux View Post
    http://www.fda.gov/biologicsbloodvac.../ucm108186.htm
    Despite the fact that straight men and women can get these same diseases, I have been tested clean and am happily married with only one partner, there is still this stereotype that AIDS is a gay disease.
    I see, I find it a bit out of place today but i suppose its an old rule/law.

Quote Originally Posted by RICH1471 View Post
    I donate it anyway, the law against gays giving blood is just bullshit .
    I don't see what the problem is when you're clean. The law should be removed or edited.