Poll: Do you vote kick the afk RaF guy who is on follow in your dungeon run?

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    I do it but i make sure i take one of the two as a tank and usually bind a few basic spells to the other guy. My tanks always chain pull and do great dps and my other guy is usually last in dps. I tell groups when i join what im doing and if they have a problem i wont be offended to be kicked. Sometimes i was kicked and times i wasnt the groups got high quality quickly tanked runs with no problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Its the principle of the matter though.

You dont come into my dungeon, playing only 1 character and get a free boost on another on my dime. On my hard work. On my time. You either have both players there playing both characters, or you GTFO of my dungeon.

Simple as that.
    I had to quote this. Just had to.

I really don't see what the big deal is. Most low level dungeons can be cleared by just the tank and healer alone. 75% of the time the tank is doing as much damage as all 3 dps anyway.

Get over it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spammer of the Horde View Post
    I had to quote this. Just had to.

I really don't see what the big deal is. Most low level dungeons can be cleared by just the tank and healer alone. 75% of the time the tank is doing as much damage as all 3 dps anyway.

Get over it.
    All reg 5 mans in the game, including MoP, can be 2 manned with a tank and healer of the appropriate level. I've done it on a disc priest with my friend on a prot pally, no looms.

I can understand why people dislike rafers coming in and lazily having their 2nd person on autofollow. I don't understand why anyone makes a big deal about regular dungeons at any level for any reason unless maybe that person is playing the tank and healer and making the group wipe.

Quote Originally Posted by Asmodias View Post
    Jaylock, did you edit the poll?
    I did.

10+ Year Old Account
    They don't dps/heal, I don't dps.

If they wanna get boosted, boost me too.

You didnt answer my question. Let me say it again so its clear:

How is putting a person on follow AFK the whole instance, NOT leeching exp?
    EDIT: Seeing as how the poll got changed (thank you, Myrrar), this part looks a bit silly. I'm leaving it in anyway.

Before I respond to this part of this argument that really has gone on much longer than it should have, as to your poll options, here's why your poll's responses are biased (as if this will get through to you, despite numerous people telling you WHY it's biased):

First off, at least your question is constructed without bias. It asks the question plain and simple: if there's a guy with RAF bonus just afk-following along in order to keep the other's account's bonus running, do you kick them? That's not the issue.

What IS the issue is how you word the answers. The "yes" option reads: "Yes - I would boot his ass". This has already left a bad connotation of the person in question: you've indirectly called him an ass through your wording. Even if that's not what you exactly said, the curse has already put that in people's heads. In addition, nobody says "I would boot his ass" unless the person in question has done something wrong, thus you've instilled in poll respondents a notion already that what they've done is wrong. That ALONE has already given a bias to the results.

But oh, it gets better! Your "no" option reads: "No - I would allow him to leech exp from the party's work". Now you've gone and confirmed the notion with a followup remark: that the person who had another account on follow is leeching experience from these honest individuals' hard work, blood, sweat, and tears! Queue yourself standing in front of whatever faction's flag you're on, lots of emotional tears, tugging at the heartstrings. As well, you've vilified anyone who disagrees with you by indirectly claiming that they're just as bad by letting this TERRIBLE AND IMMORAL BEHAVIOR go on unimpeded! THE SHAME.

So for the last damn time: YOUR POLL OPTIONS ARE BIASED. If you wanted an unbiased poll, a simple "yes" and "no" would have sufficed. I know I'm already risking an infraction by talking so frankly, but c'mon. If you don't understand how response bias can affect the outcome of a poll, then why not read up on it? Here's a good place to start so you won't make the same mistake again!

EDIT: Please tell me you read that

Now then, with regards to "leeching exp:" Are they taking anything from you? Are they literally taking experience away from your character and giving it to themselves?

No. They are not. They are doing the same amount of work as you. The dungeon is playing exactly the same as if you had four people running it, and in the end the lost DPS amounts to MAYBE a few extra minutes for the whole run because, as has been confirmed NUMEROUS times, in the end the tank carries pretty much every low-level dungeon anyway. Whoa, a few MINUTES?! Stop the presses, let's ban these fuckers! Those were precious MINUTES I'll never get back!

Here's a thought experiment for you. Would you get as upset if they weren't RAF'd, if the experience between you was equal? Is that what part of this is stemming from, that you just find it SO unfair that someone gets triple the experience you get, despite the fact that they're playing just as well as you are? Do you feel it devalues your own work when someone who does the same gets three times the benefit? Is THAT the root of this issue?

Honestly I just find this to be you complaining about something minor again and blowing it up to something mountainous in comparison. A person doing this will have little to no effect on your time playing, except MAYBE having to spend A FEW MINUTES MORE IN A DUNGEON, OH MY LORD. I really wish you'd just lighten up and play the game. All this time you've been arguing today, you could've been playing.

I'm also going to wager that the odds of your seeing another person doing exactly this (afk following, not multiboxing) are going to be pretty low if you level up another character anytime soon. Though, it's also possible you'll make up stories of how these people are EVERYWHERE, just to keep that whole sky falling business going. I can't say I look forward to that.

Deleted
    It is a tricky situation. Is why on the odd occasion i do have my raf buddy trailing along behind me (afk following that is) i make sure to mention it at the beginning of the run. As ive said previously a full set of heirlooms usually more then makes up for it ^_^ That said i think out of the 3 toons weve plowed through instances ive only logged on his toon a few times due to boredom.

Deleted
    Lol, before going all-caps-rage on people that boost a raf, think of how hard it is to move with your main in such a manner, that the follower does not get left behind.
    Also, I've had some experience with fools qqing in low level dungeons for putting a raf char on follow. Most of them were grey-item baddies, and the rest of the group combined was not pulling the numbers I was pulling with 1 char. Given that, I can safely say that I was more than "making up for the dps / healing my follow-up char was not".

These kind of people are the ones crying for the "amg green items" that get replaced anyway within few minutes.

well... most of the time i run dungeons with my friend(s). we tank and heal and do (more than) enough dps to clear dungeon fast. i still do at least try to vote-kick anyone afk-leeching, raf or whatever - it kills my fun same way the bads do.
    somehow i'm still here... stalking around since... well 2006 or something.

Deleted
    I did this, i had my hunter on Follow, and i tanked on my paladin, so? hunter got attacked, hunter pet attacked, so my hunter did a bit dmg, and still i did 80% off all dps and 73% off all dmg on my paladin.. so it dont matter if i had my hunter on follow afking..

You didnt answer my question. Let me say it again so its clear:

How is putting a person on follow AFK the whole instance, NOT leeching exp?
    They arent leeching because you wouldnt gain More xp with them gone. XP is based around 4 players, with the 5th earning a "Group Bonus" raising the total XP to 125% of what 4 players would get. With 4 players, you still gain the same amount of XP per character. Also, why would you care if they are? I know you cant respond, since you got banned, but its something for you to think about.
    Originally Posted by Zarhym
    It does no one any good to make GhostCrawler the scapegoat for all design decisions you disapprove of. Not how reality works.
    https://twitter.com/CM_Zarhym/status/275712376840531968

Because low level dungeons are so hard.....

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    It is a low level dungeon, but I don't like it when people do that. If he's doing an RaF with himself he most likely has a high-level character and he could just as easily walk that toon through the dungeons himself (I did that with my second account) one after another.
    True, however it would take an extensive xp drop compared to doing a dungeon at level cause of the level difference.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

10+ Year Old Account
    Of course I vtk them. Multi-boxing is not difficult whatsoever with five minutes of preparation.
    Look! Words!

It was in the 60s.

It doesnt matter if one was pulling their weight and the other wasnt though. The fact of the matter is, that one wasnt pulling their weight because they were doing NOTHING. Doing nothing in a dungeon, does not deserve xp / items, let alone 3x the exp.

The funny thing is though, is when you boot their RaF character, they are forced to leave on their other character otherwise they wont get their precious 3x exp Killed the problem with just one boot makes a man feel good.
    As long as the 'main' toon is doing well (full heirlooms, knows their stuff), and the other toon is set to pass on everything ... don't see a problem.

You do realize that most dungeons can be run without a tank or healer? That even the hellfire stuff, can pretty much be done with only a healer/anything else combo? With as far nerfed as this stuff is, and with as powerful the toons are now with all the spec changes and heirloom gear ... there isn't much issue, most of the time.

As long as they announce, 'hey, that noob mage on follow is my other account, I've set it to pass on all loot' and following that, the person isn't a burden to the group, I just don't care. I've done these dungeons with only 2 people in group before, so as long as you have 4 competent people, 1 afk raf doesn't matter much.

I'd rather have a good main with an afk raf, then some nub hunter/lock with their pet's taunt on from the start, dps that pull without regard to healer mana or tank needed to take a piss, or anything like that. A good player with a 2nd raf account is much better than an arrogant prick or dumbass any day.

When I level a tank, and my wife a healer, or vice versa, we can literally run anything up to a point, just the two of us. I remember the last time I leveled a pali tank, I could solo wrath heroics with it. It was fun watching people who never saw the content before die, and you solo a boss from 80% to dead while they just O.o and cheer you on.

I don't kick people often, only if they are douchy or dc'd for more than 5+ minutes (I give them time to reconnect/restart PC; I've had client crashes and BSoDs before, try to be patient).

Did I mention, how easy dungeons are? I've queued as a healer and dps, stayed in heal spec when popped as dps, and out dps'd the dps spamming a couple spells. When I heal, as long as I have the time (great tank), no matter what class, I dps to make the run faster. The low level stuff is just so easy and fast, most of the time not worth worrying about much, nor, worth 'wasting' your vote kicks on non-douches, because, it is always fun kicking those arrogant pricks who think they are the end all, be all of the game, or the ones that need on everything, or the ones that pull ahead of the tank, after the tank/healer asks them not to.

Absolutely not. Most of the time the person RAFing is full BOAs with enchants and shit to power level and end up carrying the group on one character alone lol

To kick him/her or not completely depends on the active characters DPS, HPS, survival ect, if its someone who tops dos, does decent hps(as healer) or is able to pull at a decent rate I dont mind him having someone on follow, if he's lowest on DPS, a terrible healer and goes afk to let his cool downs run out I'd instantly kick him.

I think it's kinda lame afking in multiplayer content but I understand why people do it.

I personally don't care since 5 people for dungeons nowadays is overkill. You can basically 2 man all of them easily. I admit though I have vote-kicked people afking if I want to do a fast run.