Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Thoughts on 5.2 3v3 comps?

I'm personally looking forward to monk/rouge/healer but I'm a bit worried about DR. Udk/monk/hpal might also be fun.

If ROP doesn't DR (It didn't DR when i was on PTR) we might play DK/Monk/Monk or Monk/Monk/Monk

Deleted
    Rogue/Spriest/Shaman will do well imo.

I'm interested in doing Rogue/Lock/Sham or Rogue/SPriest/Healer. I really want to try and relive the old days of Rogue/Mage/Priest, but I'm not sure how it'll be.

As a Rogue, I am very excited to see 5.2 and where my class will stand.

Quote Originally Posted by Sheridanjohn View Post
    If ROP doesn't DR (It didn't DR when i was on PTR) we might play DK/Monk/Monk or Monk/Monk/Monk
    They've already said they are looking to change it, I hope they half the duration in PvP and make it DR. (So it's 4 > 2 > 1). If silences are any longer it's a joke.

As far as I know, DKs, Rogues and Monks will start increasing in popularity. Shadow Priests (if left alone) will be a good caster to go with a melee. Boomkins will be seen a lot more next season once all the Feral Druids start rerolling spec.

There could be a lot of viable comps for all of them, Monk DPS look pretty solid though, and Monk healers are really strong against comps that rely on stunlocks for kills (Rogues).

Maybe:

Rogue / Spriest / X
    Rogue / Boomer / X
    DK / WW Monk / X
    WW Monk / Spriest / X

X could be Rsham, Hpala or Monk. I don't think Monk healers will compliment Rogues very well as their CC is on the same DR. Monks use silences, incapacitates and stuns. That'll DR garrote, sap, gouge and cheap/kidney. We'll see though.

I didn't realize that DKs were looking better in 5.2. Is that due to buffs of DKs or nerfs to the classes that shut then down?

Quote Originally Posted by cetch22 View Post
    I didn't realize that DKs were looking better in 5.2. Is that due to buffs of DKs or nerfs to the classes that shut then down?
    The second part. DKs get destroyed by other melees generally (Warrior, Feral, Rogue), because they just get trained all game and run out of defensive CDs after about 30 seconds. With nerfs to Warriors and Ferals, their representation is likely to drop which will see an increase in the number of DKs.

By no means are DKs weak right now, it's just because of other classes being too strong they suffer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Monk/Monk/Monk I'm predicting it now. Triple RoP with 45 seconds of 40% burst (WW mastery buff,plus triple xuen, with 10k-15k dot ticks). GG. Nothing you can do about the damage/RoP.

I'll be running 2 teams: Affliction/FrostMage/Rshaman and TSG--Arms/DK(not sure if frost or unholy yet, waiting for classes to settle down on ptr, he hates UH though)/Hpally

I'm not 100% sure about TSG at this moment, it depends on how bad the nerfs end up being to warriors and how good the buffs to DKs, they get trained, if you can't make it a TenSecondGame you lose because your DK is dead.

MLS is looking good though, Mages aren't seeing major nerfs (I think, I'm the lock in this group) and there's even a few QoL buffs for ALocks; with the amount of CC and pressure combined with mage burst this should be a really strong team, especially if cleaves are tuned down a bit.

Those are my thoughts on our teams, I expect anything with an Spriest to do well next season as well.

rogue/spriest/healer

im surprised at how spriest are under the radar on these boards. they are currently one of the best dps in 3s right now

Quote Originally Posted by Sheridanjohn View Post
    Even if it does DR, WW monks are so damn blatantly overpowered in every single aspect of this game that we will likely see a keyboard turning/clicking monks reach rank 1 just like it was with dks in s5. I'd go so far as to say 5.2 monks are more op than wotlk beta dks.

Just to reiterate, RoP is one of many op things about monks atm.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

I'm pretty much a noob when it comes to 3v3 arena. Done it a bit, but overall nothing impressive.
    Any thoughts of afflilock/hunter/restodruid?
    Everyone has so much to say
    They talk talk talk their lives away

WW, Rogue, rdruid/disc

WW, enh, disc

WW, spriest, rdruid/hpal

I've seen a few skilled WW's who are multi glad on other classes and they are already good as it is imo, this next patch is just going to push them over the top

Deleted
    WV - Spriest - Shaman

Unholy - Spriest - Shaman/mistweaver

Rogue - Spriest - Shaman/mistweaver

RMP

And like today: A fuck ton of random melee or melee/hunter cleaves.

Deleted
    TSG with monk instead of war or shaterplay with hpala, kfc and phdk umm RLS, MLS, Turbocleave, Doublehealer DK fo sho, Rogue mage pala/priest

Those are my predictions

Deleted
    pick one or two of the following:
    - rogue
    - ww monk
    - unholy dk

pick one or none of the following:
    - shadow priest

pick a healer:
    - resto shaman
    - holy pally

create a team, give it a funky name and ur ready to go !

Rdruid/Spriest/Rogue
    Shadowcleave (Rdruid/Afflic Lock/UHDK)

Will be my comps.

Deleted
    Rogue/spriest/pick a healer

Shadowcleave with MW monk

Have a new comp up my sleeve aswell, testing it on PTR and it's op as fuck with mass dots

Quote Originally Posted by rzy View Post
    Shadowcleave with MW monk

Have a new comp up my sleeve aswell, testing it on PTR and it's op as fuck with mass dots
    Boomkin, Spriest, X?

I've been wanting to play that since MoP started. Has the potential for disgusting burst and swaps.