Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    "I don't like WW so it's objectively a bad game."

WW was one of the best LoZ's, this is objective fact and in no way opinion.
    It's also objective fact that the ocean was empty and exploring was useless, sailing was tedious, the Triforce quest was garbage and unnecessary filler, and there were two maybe three dungeons plus parts of Hyrule cut out due to it being rushed.

I'm not saying it was bad, but it being one of the best is in no way a fact.
    I'd argue that LoZ, LttP, OoT, MM, LA, the Oracles, MC, TP, and SS are all better.

Quote Originally Posted by Duruka View Post
    It's also objective fact that the ocean was empty and exploring was useless, sailing was tedious, the Triforce quest was garbage and unnecessary filler, and there were two maybe three dungeons plus parts of Hyrule cut out due to it being rushed.

I'm not saying it was bad, but it being one of the best is in no way a fact. I'd argue that LoZ, LttP, OoT, MM, LA, the Oracles, MC, TP, and SS are all better.
    That's still all opinions, which is what I was poking fun at.

Quote Originally Posted by Digglett View Post
    That's still all opinions, which is what I was poking fun at.
    Well the second part of my post was opinion. The first part, not so much.

I'm not saying it was bad, but it being one of the best is in no way a fact.
    I'd argue that LoZ, LttP, OoT, MM, LA, the Oracles, MC, TP, and SS are all better.
    Id agree with you, except on SS. Terrible game.

Quote Originally Posted by pickles View Post
    SS was amazing, it might finally replace LA as my favorite.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

Quote Originally Posted by Gamdwelf View Post
    SS was amazing, it might finally replace LA as my favorite.
    Backtracking. Collectathon gameplay. Almost no side quests. Terrible overworld. Repeating boss fights.
    Meh

Backtracking. Collectathon gameplay. Almost no side quests. Terrible overworld. Repeating boss fights.
    Meh
    Backtracking into changed areas, collectathon gameplay less required than it was in TP.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

Well the second part of my post was opinion. The first part, not so much.
    Not the sailing part, I found exploration to be one of the best in the series, and I genuinely enjoyed sailing around looking for stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Gamdwelf View Post
    Backtracking into changed areas, collectathon gameplay less required than it was in TP.
    Less required.
    Required to upgrade any item. Okay then.

Still three zones. Desert, forest, fire. And to get to the changed areas. You had to backtrack through the older areas... They even reused a temple...
    Last edited by pickley; 2013-01-24 at 09:48 PM.

Less required.
    Required to upgrade any item. Okay then.

Still three zones. Desert, forest, fire.
    Don't have to upgrade items to complete the game, hell you don't even need a shield.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

I remember when you first beat it:

"I can see why people are saying this is better than OOT."

Not the sailing part, I found exploration to be one of the best in the series, and I genuinely enjoyed sailing around looking for stuff.
    There was barely anything to look for. Besides the major islands, all I can remember were a few islands with rupees and other junk.
    Of course, that's a problem that just about every Zelda game has had, so that complaint isn't exclusive to WW. It just felt that it should have had more, with the ocean being so open.

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    whats up with so many people hating on wind waker? i thought that shit got old a long time ago.
    Because it was bad then and it's still bad now, even if they made it look pretty. It did get old, but now it's back since they decided to rerelease this garbage.

Gief smash bros info naaaoooooo

Quote Originally Posted by Drakhar View Post
    Because it was bad then and it's still bad now
    Except it's not.

http://www.metacritic.com/game/gamec...the-wind-waker

If you had said that statement in a way that didn't make it seem you were stating a fact, I'd really not be able to comment.
    Last edited by Digglett; 2013-01-24 at 09:58 PM.

Except it's not.
    Ah right, I forgot you have to qualify every statement in this subforum with "in my opinion" or the forum police will show up. Although in this case I have an army of people who agree... no point reiterating what was stated in the last page and a half. Game is bad compared to other Zeldas, and I certainly have 0 interest in buying. I can wait for the real one to come out.

No one uses review sites to justify their games being good. It may not be "bad," but it's the worst or at least one of the lowest console zelda.

I remember when you first beat it:

"I can see why people are saying this is better than OOT."
    What the hell are you talking about, ive always said SS was terrible...

Quote Originally Posted by Skelington View Post
    No one uses review sites to justify their games being good. It may not be "bad," but it's the worst or at least one of the lowest console zelda.
    Sure they do, meta critic calculates all reviews, it's pretty impossible to 'prove' something is good or bad when opinions are mostly the basis of these things. WW is far from a bad game, even in the series.

You sure did. You and I were the only ones playing it at the time so we talked in messages, I remember you saying that in one of them.

After you beat it you would say it was great. Then after everyone else beat it you started shitting all over it. The only complaint you had in the first month or so was Demise's fight being terrible and how finding items would give you the notification each time you turned on the game.
    Sure they do, meta critic calculates all reviews, it's pretty impossible to 'prove' something is good or bad when opinions are mostly the basis of these things. WW is far from a bad game, even in the series.
    Skelington didn't say it was bad, just that it has tons of flaws you can't overlook that the other games don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Skelington View Post
    Skelington didn't say it was bad, just that it has tons of flaws you can't overlook that the other games don't.
    One that only really bugged me personally was the triforce hunting. Felt no where near as tedious as the Wolf parts in TP, to me.