Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Digglett View Post
    One that only really bugged me personally was the triforce hunting. Felt no where near as tedious as the Wolf parts in TP, to me.
    But being a wolf in TP was awesome.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

One that only really bugged me personally was the triforce hunting. Felt no where near as tedious as the Wolf parts in TP, to me.
    Tear collecting was annoyingly difficult the first time, but after that it was short and easy without even memorizing. All the shit you have to do and the whole concept of triforce collecting was lame. Objectively lame. Lamer than CD-I. Objectively.

Quote Originally Posted by Skelington View Post
    After you beat it you would say it was great. Then after everyone else beat it you started shitting all over it. The only complaint you had in the first month or so was Demise's fight being terrible and how finding items would give you the notification each time you turned on the game.

Skelington didn't say it was bad, just that it has tons of flaws you can't overlook that the other games don't.
    I dont remember that. I remember complaining about the backwards save system. I dont remember singing its praises...

But if you say so? My short term memory is pretty bad
    Last edited by pickley; 2013-01-24 at 11:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Skelington View Post
    Tear collecting was annoyingly difficult the first time, but after that it was short and easy without even memorizing. All the shit you have to do and the whole concept of triforce collecting was lame. Objectively lame. Lamer than CD-I. Objectively.
    While I haven't played WW in awhile, the triforce hunting isn't what's kept me from playing it, however with TP the wolf parts are just so boring they kind of ruin my will to replay the game. To me it's the triforce hunting, but you have to do it 3 or so times.
    Quote Originally Posted by pickles View Post
    I dont remember that. I remember complaining about the backwards save system. I dont remember singing its praises...
    Quote Originally Posted by pickles View Post

But if you say so? My short term memory is pretty bad

You did give the game praise back then, suddenly you've changed your tune though.

The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker for Wii U?

Excuse me while I touch myself.
    I mostly play fighting games these days.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    There are 2 Zelda titles in the works for new games, both the Wii U and 3DS will see new games and Majora's Mask will be coming to the 3DS. The Wii U isn't getting 2 new Zelda titles that much is certain. If they fix what sucked about WW from a gameplay standpoint, it will be worth getting.
    Last edited by Rennadrel; 2013-01-25 at 02:01 AM.

The Wii U isn't getting 2 new Zelda titles that much is certain.
    It might get another one late in its lifespan. The SNES and Wii are the only systems that didn't get more than one original Zelda title (and GBA if you count handhelds).

Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    There are 2 Zelda titles in the works for new games, both the Wii U and 3DS will see new games and Majora's Mask will be coming to the 3DS. The Wii U isn't getting 2 new Zelda titles that much is certain. If they fix what sucked about WW from a gameplay standpoint, it will be worth getting.
    Given they described things they think they failed in with SS and what they want to do with the new title, it seemed to me it was heavily implied that the new title wasn't going to be handheld and was going to be on Wii U.

I mean, I could be wrong, but personally if I was Nintendo and was making such huge series changes I would put it on my major console.

Given they described things they think they failed in with SS and what they want to do with the new title, it seemed to me it was heavily implied that the new title wasn't going to be handheld and was going to be on Wii U.

I mean, I could be wrong, but personally if I was Nintendo and was making such huge series changes I would put it on my major console.
    The one they talked about on the Direct is for Wii U, but there's a separate team that's working on a 3DS game. I don't think it's been confirmed to be in development yet, but I assume they've started work on it by now.

Actually it's about time they announced the new handheld Zelda. Maybe they'll do it on the next 3DS Direct, or save it for E3.

Quote Originally Posted by Duruka View Post
    The one they talked about on the Direct is for Wii U, but there's a separate team that's working on a 3DS game. I don't think it's been confirmed to be in development yet, but I assume they've started work on it by now.

Actually it's about time they announced the new handheld Zelda. Maybe they'll do it on the next 3DS Direct, or save it for E3.
    Oh yeah, I know that. I remember reading about the new hand-held Zelda when they acknowledged everyone's want for a Majora's Mask remake on 3DS.

Quote Originally Posted by Duruka View Post

I pray it's not like DS games. Loved the story, music, characters. Hated the gameplay and the Donkey Kong 64 collect-athon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Man I'm really liking what Nintendo is working on. Compared to what they did with the Wii, Nintendo seems to be going back to their roots a little bit making games for their hardcore fans and not grandma and grandpa all the time. The Wind Waker remake looks just amazing graphically and I will probably get that even though I already have the original for Gamecube only because I'm a die hard Zelda fan that must have everything Zelda. I also can't wait to see what the new Zelda Wii U and the new 3D Mario adventure game for Wii U will be like. Xenoblades 2 looks badass also.

I haven't been this excited for Nintendo since the Gamecube days. I'm glad their back to making games for their real fans and not family/party games all the time. At least it seems like it for now.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

Okay, so. I think I asked earlier as part of a longer post but nobody responded... for the Wind Waker re-release, am I the only one who hates the graphical changes? They look almost the same but with a disgusting shiny, luminous film over everything that makes it difficult to focus on any one spot. And the water looked crap too.
    "English doesn't so much borrow words from other languages as follows them into a dark alley, hits them over the head and goes through their pockets for loose vocabulary."

Quote Originally Posted by Ausr View Post
    I pray it's not like DS games. Loved the story, music, characters. Hated the gameplay and the Donkey Kong 64 collect-athon.
    Yeah, the DS games are probably my least favorite Zelda titles, period. I seriously hope they make a change from them with the new 3DS title.

@Vegas82

Well in that case what have they changed? Slightly higher resolution? I could see no other discernable differences, and even if that is just me being stupid, the old games graphics have aged so well and are so solid that there's no point. Even if those pictures are not an accurate representation, there appears to be no major difference that makes an update worth it. Especially if they are not adding any actual content, just 'updating the gameplay'. The gameplay of the game was fine, minus the shitty pseudo-QTEs that substituted for any necessary skill in combat. The problem with the game was everything else: the content. The shitty, linear, unchallenging, awkwardly designed dungeons. The ridiculously easy enemies. The sailing. Oh the sailing...

Edit: @Digglett.

Am I the only one who actually really liked Phantom Hourglass and Spirit Tracks? Everyone heaps shit onto them, and I can see why in some circumstances, but I've never ran into anyone else who actually loved both games. Personally I preferred either a million times to the Wind Waker.
    Last edited by Migey; 2013-01-25 at 04:10 PM.
    "English doesn't so much borrow words from other languages as follows them into a dark alley, hits them over the head and goes through their pockets for loose vocabulary."

Quote Originally Posted by Migey View Post
    @Vegas82

Well in that case what have they changed? Slightly higher resolution? I could see no other discernable differences, and even if that is just me being stupid, the old games graphics have aged so well and are so solid that there's no point. Even if those pictures are not an accurate representation, there appears to be no major difference that makes an update worth it. Especially if they are not adding any actual content, just 'updating the gameplay'. The gameplay of the game was fine, minus the shitty pseudo-QTEs that substituted for any necessary skill in combat. The problem with the game was everything else: the content. The shitty, linear, unchallenging, awkwardly designed dungeons. The ridiculously easy enemies. The sailing. Oh the sailing...

Edit: @Digglett.

Am I the only one who actually really liked Phantom Hourglass and Spirit Tracks? Everyone heaps shit onto them, and I can see why in some circumstances, but I've never ran into anyone else who actually loved both games. Personally I preferred either a million times to the Wind Waker.
    Well I never even gave spirit tracks a chance because of phantom hourglass. Phantom Hourglass is one of the only Zelda games I own but did not beat. The other being Adventures of link.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

10+ Year Old Account
    The coolest "puzzle" in Hourglass was when you had to close the DS to copy the map from the top screen to the bottom. Somehow that's the main thing I remember standing out in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Migey View Post
    Well in that case what have they changed? Slightly higher resolution? I could see no other discernable differences, and even if that is just me being stupid, the old games graphics have aged so well and are so solid that there's no point.
    The differences are pretty obvious, and they basically did say this is a filler until the new title. I do agree though that WW was one of the games that needed an HD release the least seeing as the graphics had still looked decent to me by today's standards.

I enjoyed them more than most people seemed to, but they would have been a lot better without the touch screen controls. If they had a normal control scheme they would definitely be my favourite handheld Zelda games.

@Duruka

The touch screen controls didn't annoy me much, but the fucking mic bits on those games did. Having to shout into the mic to pass certain bits on Phantom Hourglass were the worst part of the game, especially if your playing in public, but fortunately you could bypass them by blowing into the mic. Talking of blowing into the mic, the flute in Spirit Tracks... I loved the idea, and it sounded awesome and I liked it. Except my mic on my DS didn't work well, so it took me about 10 minutes to trying to play some of the final songs because it just would stop registering my blows halfway through a tune. Fortunately I never had similar problems with the item that required you to blow into the mic.

The touch screen controls were actually utilised quite well I thought, far better then most games on the DS. Few ever seemed to actually use them significantly, but Phantom Hourglass had some nice ideas. The only irritating parts where when a puzzle or optional goodie required note taking or precision drawing. Mostly because I'm a messy writer at the best of times, and drawing a straight line or writing a concise note on the DS touch screen was awkward at the best of times. Apart from those few cases, they were used brilliantly I thought. Stylus control of the boomering was far less annoying then I had originally expected, and same with some of the drawing puzzles (which fortunately realised that precision was awkward and were incredibly forgiving of vaguely wonky lines or imprecise stylus handling). The combat was suprisingly good and the games actually had an ability to be genuinely challenging at times. The final stage of the final boss in Phantom Hourglass could easily take the cake of the hardest boss in any Zelda game ever, if he took one or two more hearts off per strike. Even so, I beat him with fairly low health and both potions used up. Shame you could cheat your way past the final fight if you abused the mechanics, because there were some really, really awesome ideas there.