Page 11 of 83 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    What if they made a series of quests for rogues, like they're doing with warlocks, and the rogues can become demon hunters....

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, I agree that Blizzard will do what ever will make them the most money and they will do what fans ask for
    example ? Bat mount

But lets start with the worst part of your argument

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post

4.The Illidan problem

Let's be honest; People want to play Demon Hunters so that they can look like Illidan Stormrage. He's probably the coolest and most iconic character in Warcraft. People want to run around with those wings, blindfolds, and Warglaives. People want those runes over their body, and they want to wreck stuff the way he wrecks stuff. So how would this work in-game? Probably not too well. If you introduce Demon Hunters, you're going to see a surge of Night Elf male characters popping up all over the place. None of them are going to want to use regular swords or staffs, or whatever else DHs could potentially use. They would all want the Blades of Azzinoth on their backs, and anyone without those blades would be considered a noob. Would they want to wear helmets, shoulders, cloaks, and chest gear? Nope. They'd run around shirtless just like Illidan. They'll never want to raid because they couldn't look like Illidan while their raiding. You think Blizzard is going to create an entire item system just for DHs? I mean, they could, but I seriously doubt it.

It'll be an utter and complete disaster.
    So there are many DKs and Monks who don't want to be like Arthas and Chen but Some do enjoy looking like their Archetypes so guess what Blizzard did in Cata .. Transmog !
    example ? Monk quests

So Blizzard knew that Monks would want a transmog of the Monk staff that has the gourd at the end. Blizz also knew the straw hats were gonna be a hit so they gave us ones that can be transmoged in Shadow-pan and Tiller rewards.

So not all DH will want to be like Illidan but for those who do they could easily put the Monk-type class quests in for them and give them the warglaives, a mail or whatever type armor shirt called "The emperor's new runed shirt" which is simply an invisible chest piece that puts runes on your chest instead of an armor graphic, and different color blind folds.
    You probably don't remember, most don't, but in Cata-Beta there was a wandering vendor that sold Red glowing warglaives that were transmogable. Also blizzard loves their reskins and remodels. So more warglaives are very possible.

I also agree with others that Demon hunters could be a Tank (proved in MOP with the old demon hunting glyph), Melee DPS (like DK frost IMO), and ranged (Like D3 DH or more like Dark rangers/Shadow hunters of current lore[plus Illidan had that kick-ass bow])

DH will happen eventually. Maybe not next expansion, if Blizzard loses enough subs they will do anything to bring the WOW back in World of Warcraft and get resubs again.
    Last edited by Rockwood; 2013-01-24 at 08:10 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nindoriel View Post

What argument in this thread is rock solid? To be honest I have seen no argument in this thread against Demon Hunters.
    Go back to the first post. There were three rock solid arguments against this class. The main one being that the DHs main abilities are in another class. The other being that the DH doesn't fit into modern WoW. Another being that you can't create three distinct DH specs that capture the flavor the WC3 hero. The last being that Blizzard would never introduce a class into the game that purposely overrides another class.

Well, you obviously got time on your hands, but why was this needed?

I actually also think that DH is a rather unlikely choice, but more for the simple reason that it would be a melee class, like the other two new classes.

I can see how unpopular is the Warlock class that people ignore the fact that Demonology Warlock is already the Demon Hunter. At least the flashy Illidan guy from Warcraft 3 that everyone is looking forward too.

Deleted
    demon hunter with demon properties...are demon hunters who have gone stray from the path..just saying.

Quote Originally Posted by Godavari View Post
    demon hunter with demon properties...are demon hunters who have gone stray from the path..just saying.
    Its good to clarify that. As far as I seen, people perceive Demon Hunters under three possible scenarios.

1) Illidan TBC theme
    2) Anti-Mage Demon Hunter, early version of Illidan
    3) Demon Hunter of Diablo 3

I believe that case number 3 is irrelevant to WoW. However, case number 2 will be an arcane battlemage which is quite possible. As of case number 1, its about 90%+ Demonology Warlock, therefore impossible to have a class of its own.

In conclusion, the only possible Demon Hunter addition would be one that has nothing to do with Demonic or Dark powers in general. Only magic tools necessary to bring down Demons. A Lawful Neutral archetype, a vigilante, NOT a demon infused anti-hero.

10+ Year Old Account
    Id really like to see Blademaster... Stealthy/agile sword weilding bare chested BEASTS. Decoratable sashimonos. Mmmmmm

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by deviantcultist View Post
    Its good to clarify that. As far as I seen, people perceive Demon Hunters under three possible scenarios.

1) Illidan TBC theme
    2) Anti-Mage Demon Hunter, early version of Illidan
    3) Demon Hunter of Diablo 3

I believe that case number 3 is irrelevant to WoW. However, case number 2 will be an arcane battlemage which is quite possible. As of case number 1, its about 90%+ Demonology Warlock, therefore impossible to have a class of its own.

In conclusion, the only possible Demon Hunter addition would be one that has nothing to do with Demonic or Dark powers in general. Only magic tools necessary to bring down Demons. A Lawful Neutral archetype, a vigilante, NOT a demon infused anti-hero.
    Yeah, it's important to note that when people say that Demon Hunter is the most requested class, they're talking about this version;

And that's the version that will never have its own class.

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Yeah, it's important to note that when people say that Demon Hunter is the most requested class, they're talking about this version;

And that's the version that will never have its own class.
    And that was my point

There will never be THAT Demon Hunter in any other instance than Warlocks. Possible melee Demonology approach in the Legion xpac will be the answer to all the hype and Blizz one way ticket to increase Warlock popularity.

Blizzard can always come up with new abilities..... I wouldn't be surprised if we got demon hunters but totally different from the previous one. It will be totally new and very badass.

Deleted
    The DH class can certainly be a reality, I don't see the fact that Locks have one of their abilities as a game breaker.

Locks used to have Death coil which was a DK signature move and that was always rolled out as to why we would never have DK's. Alas Dks became playable and it was changed to Mortal coil.

Metamorphasis as a Demo spec ability though always struck me as something that doesn't fit in with the class. Why turn a ranged caster into a melee? It is especially strange when you consider that in WC3 Metamorphasis for the DH hero unit actually gave the Demon Hunter a ranged attack!

My own view is that Metamorphasis needs to go from locks and demo as a spec must refocus on the pets again.

As a class a wow DH could look like this.

Tree 1, Tanking. (Dual wield, demonic shields, dodging and lifestealing attacks)
    Tree 2, Melee DPS (Dual wield, immolation aura and other magic strikes, metamorph cooldown into a melee demon)
    Tree 2, Ranged DPS (Metamorphs automatically into a Demon caster in combat with focus on shadow/chaos/felfire ranged attacks)

Armour type: Mail shares loot with Shaman/Hunter.
    Last edited by mmoc1dde548293; 2013-01-24 at 02:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Godavari View Post
    This is wrong. Almost if not all DH we have seen can turn into demon and there's nothing that confirm what you said. Illidan got his look because his demonic power was overwhelming. He didn't lose his mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Briga View Post
    As a class a wow DH could look like this.

Tree 1, Tanking. (Dual wield, demonic shields, dodging and lifestealing attacks)
    Tree 2, Melee DPS (Dual wield, immolation aura and other magic strikes, metamorph cooldown into a melee demon)
    Tree 2, Ranged DPS (Metamorphs automatically into a Demon caster in combat with focus on shadow/chaos/felfire ranged attacks)
    Go ahead, even name the ranged DPS tree Warlock. Its not about agreeing or disagreeing, its about it being gamebreaking and crippling an already existing class.

Deleted
    Ability-wise or so I'd imagine them something like how DH's are in D3, a kind of shadowy-hunter-type class, possibly with a mix of ranged and melee specs or something.
    Although preferably 2/3 specs would be ranged, since well, atleast in terms of raiding ranged is favored most of the time, and adding more melee-classes just for the sake of "making it even" doesn't make sense when you want to stack ranged a lot of the time.

Locks used to have Death coil which was a DK signature move and that was always rolled out as to why we would never have DK's. Alas Dks became playable and it was changed to Mortal coil.
    FYI: Warlock Death Coil was never the same as DK Death Coil.

Death Coil (Warlock): Causes the enemy target to run in horror for 3 sec and causes X Shadow damage. The caster gains 300% of the damage caused in health. 2 minute CD

Death Coil (Death Knight): Fire a blast of unholy energy, causing X Shadow damage to an enemy target or healing X damage on a friendly Undead target.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Please, no. I don't want another "I'm 15 and a super awesome DH" class, it's rogues in vanilla all over again.

Put more focus into the current classes, instead of throwing in more shit we don't need. And I assume they'd have to lawl over lore again to make it happen, but that wouldn't be anything new I guess.

And another DW melee...really? Fury, rogues, monks, enhance...and now a couple of DH specs? Yeah, good luck with balancing that gameplay...

In the end you'd just overshadow locks aswell, as they have pretty much all the anti' demon stuff already.

In the end a D3 type Demon hunter would make alot more sense, mail and ranged weapons. But of course all that shares with the WC3 class is the name, little else. I honestly don't think WoW needs more classes..just flesh out current ones and add more flavour to those.
    Last edited by Iso; 2013-01-24 at 02:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Iso View Post
    Please, no. I don't want another "I'm 15 and a super awesome DH" class, it's rogues in vanilla all over again.
    You realize most of the people who geek out over Illidan are going to be, like... twenty-five, thirty, even thirty-five years old, like most anyone who played WC3 back in the day, right?

I'll see your infant RTS gamer and raise you a ten year old super awesome Pandaren Monk, named Ƥø.
    OMG 13:37 - Then Jesus said to His disciples, "Cleave unto me, and I shall grant to thee the blessing of eternal salvation."

And His disciples said unto Him, "Can we get Kings instead?"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhamses View Post
    FYI: Warlock Death Coil was never the same as DK Death Coil.

Death Coil (Warlock): Causes the enemy target to run in horror for 3 sec and causes X Shadow damage. The caster gains 300% of the damage caused in health. 2 minute CD

Death Coil (Death Knight): Fire a blast of unholy energy, causing X Shadow damage to an enemy target or healing X damage on a friendly Undead target.
    You do realise the lock DC spell was born of Warcraft 2's DK ability? That is to kill/damage the target and heal the caster.

The DK came from the WC3 DK hero unit where it dealt damage or healed an ally.

DK and lock versions both shared the same ability name, bolt colour, sound and icon.

Also: In vanilla wow, a Horror effect was later added to the lock spell in response to pvp concerns. When Dk's came in wrath it was renamed Mortal Coil.

You do realise the lock DC spell was born of Warcraft 2's DK ability? That is to kill/damage the target and heal the caster.

The DK came from the WC3 DK hero unit where it dealt damage or healed an ally.

DK and lock versions both shared the same ability name, bolt colour, sound and icon.

Also: In vanilla wow, a Horror effect was later added to the lock spell in response to pvp concerns. When Dk's came in wrath it was renamed Mortal Coil.
    The point is that the Lock Death Coil wasn't the same as the DK Death Coil. They're two very different spells that do very different things.