Page 22 of 83 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    What was linked was someone wanting to look like Illidan after you said;

Follow your own argument much?

---------- Post added 2013-01-25 at 01:55 AM ----------

You do understand that Arch Druids are druids right?
    okay i get it now. you're just trolling us. twisting words.
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Deleted
    BTW I find it hilarious that you're trying to argue that someone called a "High Tinker" isn't a Tinker.
    That's because you seem to constantly change whether you're talking about a "tinker" in the broad sense, or a "tinker" as in the W3 unit type.

There's a Priestess of the moon class in W3.

It rides around on a tiger, shooting a bow.

Are you a liar or are you just blind?

I clearly amended that post not a few posts later. I told you I was mistaken in thinking you told be I wanted to have horns and wings. Not that I wanted to look exactly like Illidan.

SO which is it? Are you a liar now or are you going to acknowledge my post after that one which shows a number of different demon hunter looks I proposed which look nothing like Illidan?

I think at this point you're just going to keep beating that straw man.
    If you like my draw-rings. http://yig.deviantart.com/
    If you can't find them for some reason beyond that page. http://yig.deviantart.com/gallery/
    WOW screenshot and concept art gallery http://smg.photobucket.com/user/evilknick/library/WoW

Quote Originally Posted by Yig View Post
    Are you a liar or are you just blind?

I clearly amended that post not a few posts later. I told you I was mistaken in thinking you told be I wanted to have horns and wings. Not that I wanted to look exactly like Illidan.

SO which is it? Are you a liar now or are you going to acknowledge my post after that one which shows a number of different demon hunter looks I proposed which look nothing like Illidan?

I think at this point you're just going to keep beating that straw man.
    maybe when he tried to become a demon hunter he used the wrong blade and went perma blind. hes now bitter and never wants anyone else to attempt it
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

What was linked was someone wanting to look like Illidan after you said;
    Learn to read what you write. You said;

Dude, don't be silly. You know damn well you want your Demon Hunter to look like this;
    And then linked a picture of the corrupted, Black Temple Illidan; a world away from what Yig posted. None of the pictures he posted look like the one you posted; is this getting through to you?

You do understand that Arch Druids are druids right?
    An archdruid (aka arch-druid or arch druid) is an immensely wise and powerful druid whose influence on nature surpasses that of lower-ranking druids.Few archdruids are known to exist, and how they are appointed as such is unknown.
    From the Wowwiki you so love to quote and claim to have on your side. Claiming that Arch Druids are the same as 'Druids' which the player can play, is tantamount to saying that Jaina is the same as the mages we can play, or that Arthas is the same as the Death Knights we can play. Keep up.

http://help.xs-software.com/helpimagesnew/kw/Samurai.png

http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__...35/Varedis.jpg

Um...what?
    You are fundamentally dishonest and you are now resorting to outright lies and slanderous spin.

Demon Hunters wear hakama.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hakama

Hakama are Samurai pants, essentially.

Light armored Samurai for instance often only would armor one single arm while leaving the other one naked.

Demon Hunters draw on several icons and themes, and you posting a specific image in an attempt to negate that makes you terrible at critical thinking at best or a liar at worst.
    If you can't find them for some reason beyond that page. http://yig.deviantart.com/gallery/
    WOW screenshot and concept art gallery http://smg.photobucket.com/user/evilknick/library/WoW

10+ Year Old Account
    Leftcoast 2 blocks from the beach, down the street from a green haze called Venice.
    Don't take it up with me, take it up with Blizzard. That's the character class they put him into.
    nope, they never said his class was tinker. He's a Prot warrior who is also an engineer. Hist title is High Tinker, because ALL Gnome Engineers are Tinkers. I play a Gnome Tinker who has Demon Slaves. I have read all lore surrounding Gnomes. if you have no clue read this HERE

Demon Hunters draw on several icons and themes, and you posting a specific image in an attempt to negate that makes you terrible at critical thinking at best or a liar at worst.
    Look let's face it, he's simply sad that his beloved Monk might not be the last 'special' class Blizzard adds to the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nagassh View Post
    That's because you seem to constantly change whether you're talking about a "tinker" in the broad sense, or a "tinker" as in the W3 unit type.
    I was talking about both actually, since the argument was about a potential WoW class using the Tinker as a archetype. Re-read the argument, then you'll get a better grasp of where we are.

There's a Priestess of the moon class in W3.

It rides around on a tiger, shooting a bow.
    Relevance?

Actually no, I mistook your point. I assumed you meant I wanted horns and wings. You want to claim that a personal victory? Well I suppose we all have to win our battles somewhere in life.

See here where Teris ignored not only my post correcting my error, but that he still used that error I made in support of an argument.

And below is where I showed several images which match the demon hunter aesthetic in tone, even one designed by Blizzard. Teriz is beating a Straw Man of their own making.

Any number of armor sets could be designed around the demon hunter's look. It just needs the eyes covered, and to carry the aesthetic in imaginative ways.
    A fully armored set with asymetrical exposed pieces, woven light overlapping plates. The bare chest is not necessary at all. There are many ways to create artistically creative armor sets around the demon hunter theme. You're now getting into very very objective aesthetic design sense that it's pointless to argue over.

Anything from fully armored like this:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v8...ps82f5441c.jpg

To looking like a Wood Elf Wardancer:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v8.../wardancer.jpg

This is an armor set from Blizzard that is specifically designed to be evocative of Demon Hunters.

The class kit is nowhere nearly as rigid as you are spinning it in my opinion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gothicshark View Post
    nope, they never said his class was tinker. He's a Prot warrior who is also an engineer. Hist title is High Tinker, because ALL Gnome Engineers are Tinkers. I play a Gnome Tinker who has Demon Slaves. I have read all lore surrounding Gnomes. if you have no clue read this HERE
    So you agree that he's a Tinker.

What's your argument again?

Deleted
    I was talking about both actually, since the argument was about a potential WoW class using the Tinker as a archetype. Re-read the argument, then you'll get a better grasp of where we are.
    Then you need to get a better grasp of how tinkers work.

The tinker ARCHETYPE from W3 is always a tinker.
    A tinker, is not always the tinker archetype.

See Gothicshark's post for more, since it says more than I ever could about the subject.

Relevance?
    That having a class-name in your title, doesn't mean you're that class. She'd fit into the hunter role more than a priest, just like Mekkatorque is more of a warrior than anything else.

Relevance?
    That classes can be redefined. Your entire arguments rests upon the claim of your own making, that those who want Demon Hunters want to be like Black Temple's corrupted, horned, winged, hoofed Illidan.

Solution to Metamorphosis, call it Demon Hunter Metamorphosis or just rename the ability. Renaming Metamorphosis for Demon Hunters is a strong possibility as they have done it before with Mortal Coil. Death Coil IMO is a spell that is "iconic" to Death Knights as they have had that ability since WC2 yet locks got it. To say that Demon Hunters won't be a class in WoW is basically saying Blizzard will just lose its imagination. If they can come up with 3 hunter specs, they can come up with a way to have Demon Hunters.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alenarien View Post
    And then linked a picture of the corrupted, Black Temple Illidan; a world away from what Yig posted. None of the pictures he posted look like the one you posted; is this getting through to you?
    Um, you said no one wants to look like Illidan. Yig obviously does. Yes, I'm aware that there's evil looking Illidan, and normal Demon Hunter Illidan, but the point still stands; Yig wants to look like Illidan. Heck, he even has Illidan in his avatar.

An archdruid (aka arch-druid or arch druid) is an immensely wise and powerful druid whose influence on nature surpasses that of lower-ranking druids.Few archdruids are known to exist, and how they are appointed as such is unknown.
    From the Wowwiki you so love to quote and claim to have on your side. Claiming that Arch Druids are the same as 'Druids' which the player can play, is tantamount to saying that Jaina is the same as the mages we can play, or that Arthas is the same as the Death Knights we can play. Keep up.
    Um, I never said that. I simply said that they are Druids. You know, just like Arch Mages are Mages, and High Tinkers are Tinkers.

Again, can you follow your own argument without stumbling off the sidewalk?

10+ Year Old Account
    Leftcoast 2 blocks from the beach, down the street from a green haze called Venice.
    You are fundamentally dishonest and you are now resorting to outright lies and slanderous spin.

Demon Hunters wear hakama.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hakama

Hakama are Samurai pants, essentially.

Light armored Samurai for instance often only would armor one single arm while leaving the other one naked.

I believe the correct answer is critical thinking.

So far he has not yet provided a single argument that is valid, and the one semi-valid argument against which has two simple fixes he goes off against.

Yes Demon Hunters where inspired By Samurai, especially samurai/Ninja Anime from the early 90's which was very popular with Nerd/Gamer culture at the time. The easy fix is to make sure Demon Hunters have gear that makes them look iconic during the starting 10 levels, and make sure they can always get this gear for transmog purposes. Fixed. Mainly because they still do not have those pants in game, however they do have a few chest pieces that essentially make males bare chested. Gear is not going to be a hindrance for any future class design.

I doubt they will do the Demon Hunter as well. I think the best option for a new class is the Bard which could wear mail because they are the "jack of all trades" in many games. The bard can focus on buffs, debuffs, and strong CC, though the current design philosophy doesn't really allow for a strong support class, but they can still use of these concepts in class design.

Um, you said no one wants to look like Illidan. Yig obviously does. Yes, I'm aware that there's evil looking Illidan, and normal Demon Hunter Illidan, but the point still stands; Yig wants to look like Illidan. Heck, he even has Illidan in his avatar.
    I like how you embolden the word 'druid' whilst ignoring what follows it that clearly differentiates them from normal druids. Willful ignorance does not win arguments. Out of curiosity, do you see any difference between an Executive and a Chief Executive, to use a real life comparison?

Um, I never said that. I simply said that they are Druids. You know, just like Arch Mages are Mages, and High Tinkers are Tinkers.

Again, can you follow your own argument without stumbling off the sidewalk?[/QUOTE]

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever the Regent-Lord needs me to be
    I still think we need tinkers more then demon hunters or any other class at that. Mail, tech, and a 2nd range class. WoW could use all of them in one.

Would fix my previous post but the Edit Post function seems to not be functioning correctly.