Poll: Have your reported or ignored loot scammers in the past?

Fighting Back Against Loot Scammers (Ninjas)

On Monday evening I joined a few people for a Sarth 3D mount run. The run was advertised as "LFM 25man Sarth 3D open rolls on mount". 5 of use proceeded to go there and destroy him pretty quickly.

Upon looting the guy who organized this handed out loot with everyone rolling for stuff, having it on ML didnt seem strange just in case offers of gold were gonna get thrown around. Last piece was the mount, we all rolled, the guy who organized decided to ninja the item, drop group and logoff. Now I've been playing a long time seen a lot of shaddy stuff but this was just obnoxious. This didn't sit well with me at all.

Instead of going back to a city and just whining I took some better measures. This is what I did to try and make the situation better. Take note of https://us.battle.net/support/en/art...zzard-s-stance

1. Open your chat log and screen shot the entire conversation that shows this person setting loot rules, handing some gear out, and then doing the scam. (make sure the raid lead or ML states the loot rules, if not make them in chat.)
    2. Save the screenshot of your expanded chat window to a hosted site.
    3. If the person is attached to a guild, open up the armory and find the highest ranking person online to share your link with. Hopefully this person is honest individual, if not no worries. My guy got kicked from his guild made me feel a bit better.
    4. Open up a support ticket and give a high level info of what happens who and what was involved and state the rules and the actions performed.
    5. Go into battle.net and update your ticket with your screen shot of the chat log and give as much info as you want, but do not rant just give facts.

Took about 30hrs for me to get messaged by a GM, but this was not your typical GM. This guy was very to the point and opened up a chat with "Hey did you put a ticket in for a 3 drake mount". He definetly doing some analysis on his end. He was going through the chat logs of our group and the RLs account. After a few questions I got the pre canned response of thanks for the info we will take actions but you wont know what they are. I asked him what the consequences are for something like this. He said Blizz takes a hard stance against these actions and the person will receive a 72hr suspension or a perm ban if this is a second or more offense. The items will be removed but in this case will not be redistributed. The ticket update did not even have a response in it. He just flagged it as answered.

I'd say I was successful at making this guy feel alittle bit of pain over a selfish act of stupidity. I'd encourage everyone to take this course for giving a little back to these shaddy players.

Lastly, I'd love to know if you have reported or just ignored these people in the past.

10+ Year Old Account
    I want to point out that the GM's have access to all chat logs and screenshots are not accepted as evidence, even if a GM sees it. There is no need to go through those steps. If the loot rules were clearly stated beforehand and someone takes the item (ninja) who didn't win it, that is something that the GM's can and will assist with, and in my previous experience it is exactly the same: person loses the item but those who might have won it will not receive it. They're unfortunately out of luck.