Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Its confirmed that these items will be +6 item levels above their normal /heroic counterparts, and they will drop more frequently in 25 man raids!

Yay for 25 man raiding!

Source: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/7709282055#1

This is a great day for 25 mans, and one step in the right direction. (although the step should be 25s drop thunderforged and 10s drop normals, but thats my opinion)

What do you think?!
    I think once again you are full of it and try to spark confrontation with misleading titles and statements. 25s do not and will not receive higher ilvls. The only think they get is a slightly higher chance at rare loot dropping. There is a chance a 10 man group will get more Thunderforged items than a 25 man group will. More than likely this won't happen but I do not really see this as improving the 25 man standing as it is right now. It will get more progression guilds into 25s for the higher chance at the Thunderforged drops. I do not see 10s all of a sudden moving up to 25s.

Quote Originally Posted by slozon View Post
    I like how you seem to think you know what I will do. Feel free to check y history. I agree with what blizzard does most of the time. I don't agree with this change and won't support it. I have plenty of games I enjoy playing besides wow. It won't be hard to quit trust me.
    I don't have a problem with you having a differing opinion.

A have a problem with the fact no matter how I'm arguing this with you, you're basically just giving me the reasoning "Somehow this affects me, I don't know how, but it does, and because it somehow does although I can't tell you why, I don't like it".

I mean give me some reasons and some logic behind it, Slozon. I wouldn't be coming down so hard on ya then :P.

---------- Post added 2013-01-23 at 06:53 PM ----------

I'm not trying to understand anyone here. I just stated my opinion. I don't agree with the change and I'm not going to support it. I'm not afraid to put my wallet where my mouth is.
    If you insist, then. No use in arguing with a brick wall who won't talk back.
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Destil View Post
    So, and let me just get this straight...

25 mans, which are dying, get something to increase the number of guilds that can possibly do 25 mans, and somehow it affects your raiding?

Cuz from what I read..Thunderforged gear drops on 10 man too.

And we don't even have a percentage change on which the Thunderforged gear drops...

So....there's that.
    Another way it will affect us is the already small recruiting pool on my server will now be much smaller for 10-mans. As most will want to do 25, not because they prefer them, but because it rewards more.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sounds like a neat idea, however I don't think this will fix the death of 25man raiding guilds...

Quote Originally Posted by slime View Post
    Talk about them throwing a chewed up, used, grimey old bone to 25 man raiding. Hell I'd be all for this item to simply not drop in 10 man at all.
    It sounds like you are a 25 man raider. Let me ask you the cliche question. How does what happens in 10s affect your group when running 25s?

Another way it will affect us is the already small recruiting pool on my server will now be much smaller for 10-mans. As most will want to do 25, not because they prefer them, but because it rewards more.
    It hasn't even hit live yet, nor the PTR, so how would you know how much it's going to change things?

To be honest, I think it's barely going to change a thing.

It's not like every single guild is going to say "Hey, more chance at 6 iLevels higher loot in 25 mans. We have to convert."

If anything it'll encourage former 25 man guilds, or new guilds, to go 25 man.

Quote Originally Posted by Jkurbs32 View Post
    25m already drops 250% the loot so your logic is flawed. Giving in to cry baby 25m guilds gg blizz 25m is harder because more peeps brah, oh so 40m must have been impossible

I bet Thunderforged will have a very low chance like 1% and it may be 2% for 25s. Or something similar but fairly low. Maybe 1 per week on 25 and 1 per two weeks on 10 for an average.

---------- Post added 2013-01-23 at 06:57 PM ----------

It's not just for loot. I raid to have fun with my guild members. I just don't agree with this change. I'm not going to support this change. And if it continues I won't support blizz.

I don't understand why you guys are upset that I don't like the change.
    I think people don't understand why you are upset over the change? Again it seems like awarding 25s a higher % of loot per person would be more upsetting than this.

---------- Post added 2013-01-23 at 06:58 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Asmodias View Post
    Unless the drop rate for these Thunderforged items is very high in 25 man groups, I don't think this will fully rejuvenate 25 man teams. I have a feeling that this is going to backfire on one side or the other... I just don't know which yet.

Either 25 man teams won't see a decent drop rate on these Thunderforge items, and go back to the 10 man groups that are easier to run from a logistical stand point... or, 10 man teams are going to be outraged when 25 man teams are gearing up (via Thunderforge items) insanely quickly... For this point, think back to T12 and the fun of Dragonwrath.

I will say that I give credit to Blizz for trying to fix the hole that they have dug themselves into, but I guess I don't see this working out the way they hoped. Honestly, I don't think there is a solution that is going to please everyone... One side is always going to be unhappy (those sides being 10 vs. 25 man teams).

I am going to take a "wait and see" attitude to all of this. Who knows, maybe Blizzard hit the nail on the head, and things will start to smooth out again when this goes live.
    Blue post pointed out pretty clearly that Thunderforged drops will be pretty rare in both raids just slightly less rare in 25s.

One thread with a biased poll now a misleading title!

OT: The coordination that it takes to get 25 people on task instead of 10 is... like 2.5 times harder, why wouldn't they receive the slightest of rewards. I'm hardly raiding right now so my opinion is somewhat invalid. But how does this REALLY have an impact on you unless you're pushing bleeding edge content.

And, if doing 10 man and 25 man are so similar, why don't you just join a 25 man?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Its confirmed that these items will be +6 item levels above their normal /heroic counterparts, and they will drop more frequently in 25 man raids!

Yay for 25 man raiding!

Source: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/7709282055#1

This is a great day for 25 mans, and one step in the right direction. (although the step should be 25s drop thunderforged and 10s drop normals, but thats my opinion)

What do you think?!
    Jaylock, is this really the best you can muster for one of your threads today?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    I recommend some ice for your feet mate. With the trail of hot takes you're leaving in this thread they must be burning.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think this is a great idea, and I raid 10 man.

I would put the numbers at 5% for 10 man and 10-12.5% for 25man. Better chance of better loot for the organisation and execution of a 25 man raid and not completely leaving the 10 mans out in the cold (like ICC). I think it's a really good compromise.

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one.

I am happy with this change, but I feel like it could be kind of annoying. "I only have the regular heroic version" or "it finally dropped! but its not thunderforged so its not BIS"

10+ Year Old Account
    It hasn't even hit live yet, nor the PTR, so how would you know how much it's going to change things?

To be honest, I think it's barely going to change a thing.

It's not like every single guild is going to say "Hey, more chance at 6 iLevels higher loot in 25 mans. We have to convert."

If anything it'll encourage former 25 man guilds, or new guilds, to go 25 man.
    You don't think it will affect 10 man recruiting? We do know a lot of people do raid for loot these people will now want to raid 25's as they hafe a better chance at loot. Those guilds will have to recruit people, there are only so many people on a server. More people joining 25's means less people for 10's. There is no question it will affect 10 man recruiting. Hell we have been trying to find 1 tank for 3 weeks now.

Quote Originally Posted by Beefhamer View Post
    I bet Thunderforged will have a very low chance like 1% and it may be 2% for 25s. Or something similar but fairly low. Maybe 1 per week on 25 and 1 per two weeks on 10 for an average.

---------- Post added 2013-01-23 at 06:57 PM ----------

I think people don't understand why you are upset over the change? Again it seems like awarding 25s a higher % of loot per person would be more upsetting than this.
    That is the change I'm upset with?

I kind of miss the days were raids just dropped loot. All this stuff I think just makes raiding more confusing. I kind of feel bad for the people that do heroic now, sheesh.

I mean, does anyone who actually does progression 25man think this is a legit good idea? it is a terrible bandaid "fix" on a gaping wound that is the 25 man issue. Like I said earlier, no one will want to sit out on any farm bosses incase their BIS thunder-forged item drops. So good luck ever getting trials experience/gear on fights.

You don't think it will affect 10 man recruiting? We do know a lot of people do raid for loot these people will now want to raid 25's as they hafe a better chance at loot. Those guilds will have to recruit people, there are only so many people on a server. More people joining 25's means less people for 10's. There is no question it will affect 10 man recruiting. Hell we have been trying to find 1 tank for 3 weeks now.

That is the change I'm upset with?
    No, I don't. Coming from being in a serious(ish) 10 man guild for a very long time, and knowing people in the higher tiers of "hardcore" and Heroic Raiding than I, I don't think for a second it will be DRASTIC.

Sure, there will be a change, but it's not like it'll be the end of the World of Warcraft, or cause the game to suddenly lose/gain a large number subscribers.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, I don't. Coming from being in a serious(ish) 10 man guild for a very long time, and knowing people in the higher tiers of "hardcore" and Heroic Raiding than I, I don't think for a second it will be DRASTIC.

Sure, there will be a change, but it's not like it'll be the end of the World of Warcraft, or cause the game to suddenly lose/gain a large number subscribers.
    This is where our opinions differ. I think it will have a huge affect on 10-man recruiting.

As for the second part I don't think that will happen either. Never tried to say it would.

And anyone else notice the lack of variety in items/item models ever since they introduced heroic versions of gear? It's just recolored, LFR>normal>heroic. I miss Ulduar.

This is where our opinions differ. I think it will have a huge affect on 10-man recruiting.
    Well, we'll see when it hits live.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, we'll see when it hits live.
    Just want to make sure you read the second part I did a quick edit on.

I don't think this is something that is going to draw subs away.

Just want to make sure you read the second part I did a quick edit on.

I don't think this is something that is going to draw subs away.
    Ah, I just did.

My bad if I seemed to personally offend you at all, Slozon. I can get heated in debates sometimes. I hope I didn't come off as harsh at all. :P