10+ Year Old Account

Warrior rage gen, on a low level tank.

I have trouble generating rage on my level 71 prot warrior, and im not sure why. Am i missing something, can someone give me rotation advice for max rage generation. Its so bad I need to use rage potions D:. Thanks for the advice!
    doh my god....

"don't look back, it's a trap, it a fact, it's a booby trap booby trap" - The Dickies

Your rage comes from your attacks, so when you use an ability you will generate rage. From memory they are: Shield Slam, Revenge, Thunder Clap and Devastate. Getting hit and expertise caps will help smooth out your rage income.

Besides Shield Block and Shield Barrier you shouldn't really need rage that much at your level. On a side note, make sure you don't have Heroic Strike and/or Cleave macrod into anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Treelife View Post
    Your rage comes from your attacks, so when you use an ability you will generate rage. From memory they are: Shield Slam, Revenge, Thunder Clap and Devastate.
    Thunder Clap and Devastate don't generate rage. (But Devastate can proc SnB, ofc.)

Basically, SS>Rev>Shout>Devastate and keeping Weakening Blows up on target.

As stated don't use heroic strike if you are having rage issues, use you shouts on cd, charge to start pulls to generate rage as much as you can (as long as you don't get too far from healers) and as long as the healer doesn't need mana and your life is good chain pull as much as you can to keep your rage from he previous fight rolling.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

1) Charge. If the enemies are reaching you or you're not charging into them that starts you off at a deficit. (Glyph of bull rush is one to consider for extra rage.)
    2) Attacking generates rage through melee hits and through Revenge/Shield Slam and finally Commanding Shout/Battle shout.
    3) Dodging and Parrying reset the cd on revenge, while devastate resets shield slam.

To put those into a single line: charge the enemy, keep revenge and shield slam on cd and when not using boring tanking stuffs for debuffs like thunder clap, spam devastate to get more shield slams. In between pulls hit a shout to help keep the rage up.