Which laptop would you choose?

Which out of these 2 laptops would you choose? How would WoW play on each of these?

$999.99
    Lenovo® IdeaPad® Y580

KEY SPECIFICATIONS

3rd generation Intel® Core™ i7-3630QM processor
    Windows® 8
    15.6” Full HD display (1920×1080p), 16:9 widescreen
    NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 660M 2GB discrete graphics
    8GB DDR3 memory, 750GB HDD storage & 16GB SSD cache
    Integrated Bluetooth® & high-speed 802.11 b/g/n Wi-Fi
    USB 2.0, USB 3.0 connectors & 6-in-1 card reader
    Integrated DVD reader/writer drive
    Integrated 1.0M (720p HD) webcam
    Dolby® Home Theatre v4 audio enhancement & JBL® designed speakers
    HD graphics support & HDMI output

ASUS G55VW-ES71 15.6-Inch Gaming Notebook (Black)
    $1,299.00
    Key Features

15.6" LED-backlit Full HD display for immersive gaming experience with 1920 x 1080 resolution
    Intel® CoreTM i7-3610QM with Intel Turbo Boost Technology 2.0 that intelligently adjust CPU performance according to your needs
    NVIDIA® GeForce GTX 660M 2GB GDDR5 for superb DirectX® 11 gaming performance
    Backlit gaming keyboard with ergonomic tilt-up design for comfortable control in any lighting environment
    Built-in subwoofer with ASUS SonicMasterTM technology for majestic sound and awesome realism
    Dual venting fans with easy-clean filters for consistent cooling

How much difference would the game play in them? Is it worth it to pay $300 more for the Asus? Right now I play on a 4 year old laptop and can only barely manage the lowest settings, so I know anything would be an improvement. I'd just like to get the best deal while I have the available funds.

They're pretty much the exact same laptop except the ASUS has a fancy (and probably gimmicky) keyboard while the Lenovo has an SSD cache to help speed up load times and a CPU that is 100MHz faster.

I'd go with the Lenovo.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SwizzleStix View Post
    How much difference would the game play in them? Is it worth it to pay $300 more for the Asus? Right now I play on a 4 year old laptop and can only barely manage the lowest settings, so I know anything would be an improvement. I'd just like to get the best deal while I have the available funds.
    they are almost identical except the lenovo is clocked a little higher. it sounds like the asus has better cooling, im sure its still pretty similar though. for the 300$ difference i would get the lenovo for sure.

and yea the ssd cache imo makes it a better computer even if they were priced the same.
    Last edited by jmacphee9; 2013-01-23 at 07:01 PM.
    Intel i5-2500k@4.4ghz
    Gigabyte Z68X-UD3H-B3
    Gigabyte N560OC 1gb gpu
    Corsair 2x4gb
    Antec v2 Two Hundred
    Razer Blackwidow Ultimate
    Razer Naga

I wouldn't buy a laptop for gaming. Between the two, I'd go with the Lenovo because of the SSD cache.

The advantage that the ASUS brings is the better cooling system which is important when you are talking about a gaming notebook but that is up to you to decide if it's worth $300.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd go with the Lenovo, i've dealt with Asus support in the past, it's some of the worst out there

Thank you very much for your opinions. I was thinking the Levono, but have limited knowledge so figured it wouldn't hurt to ask.