Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Blizzard has stated that they'd really like to overhaul racials to prevent this sort of thing.

While it appears that trolls will have the min/max advantage, if you're not in pretty high end progression, it doesn't really seem worth it to worry about it.

Deleted
    poor people like me that love be hunter?^^'no chance for us,for hm progress we need that dps buff,5%is soooo much no chance tha some day i can choose any race i want,so i'm still orc now,and maybe troll in near future....that's a really stupid thing

IF blizzard was smart, which they constantly prove the opposite, they would just flat do away with all non cosmetic racials. It would cause QQ but int he end people could play what they like looking at not what is the best performing race for that class.

Its also far easier to balance racials when they only look different rather then apply different things. Like i said its the smartest answer so it is one they would never think of doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Nemesis003 View Post
    IF blizzard was smart, which they constantly prove the opposite, they would just flat do away with all non cosmetic racials. It would cause QQ but int he end people could play what they like looking at not what is the best performing race for that class.

Its also far easier to balance racials when they only look different rather then apply different things. Like i said its the smartest answer so it is one they would never think of doing.
    I actually kind of like the option of racials and getting that little extra bonus in.

Quote Originally Posted by Barberry View Post
    I actually kind of like the option of racials and getting that little extra bonus in.
    nothing wrong with them being cosmetic or RP based, but ones that make certain classes just better then the same class of another race are stupid. It makes race a racial based choice not a "what do i want to look like" choice.

The best thing is to simply remove all racials then every class is equal in all regards to gameplay its purely a cosmetic choice. There is no downside except people will QQ that their race is no longer the "best" like Orcs being the best BM hunters, or Trolls being the best mages and what not.

like it was said 9 of the top 10 guilds int eh world are horde because of racials.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Barberry View Post
    I agree, I do like the blood fury I get from orcs but Ive been a orc for a long time. Plus getting that bonus...is a bonus. Maybe if marks comes out ahead next patch zerking would be nice to have

Deleted
    nothing wrong with them being cosmetic or RP based, but ones that make certain classes just better then the same class of another race are stupid. It makes race a racial based choice not a "what do i want to look like" choice.

The best thing is to simply remove all racials then every class is equal in all regards to gameplay its purely a cosmetic choice. There is no downside except people will QQ that their race is no longer the "best" like Orcs being the best BM hunters, or Trolls being the best mages and what not.

like it was said 9 of the top 10 guilds int eh world are horde because of racials.
    I completely agree.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have never met a race that magically can outperform me just because they are X race.
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Gold and the 'need' for it in-game is easily one of the most overblown mindsets in this community.

Deleted
    Ah these bloody racials, that they still exist just shows how bad the blizz dev team are at their work.

Quote Originally Posted by Anjerith View Post
    I have never met a race that magically can outperform me just because they are X race.
    Depending on your race, that is either because you are good at your class, or those you have met have been bad at that class, or both. Going purely by numbers, all other things being equal, Orcs/Trolls/Worgen are the best DPS races.

Deleted
    IF blizzard was smart, which they constantly prove the opposite, they would just flat do away with all non cosmetic racials.
    They don't need to go that far.

Goblin Rocket jumps and stuff I'm fine with, the only thing I completely agree needs to go is a flat out number increase (+x% dmg, goblin haste or worgen crit etc).

I don't think racials that offer a bit of utility and perhaps damage are fine, as long as that damage is a miniscule amount and the other races can compete in other ways.

That said, the extra 1-2% dps you'll gain from a racial isn't going to make or break anything - you'd gain more of a dps increase by just learning to be a little better than rolling to another race, the only time a race change becomes a lucrative option to boost your dps is when you've prettymuch hit the skill cap, which a ridiculous minority will have achieved.

That said, when racials start getting silly (I believe at one point orcs were something like 5% or more ahead of other races on some class-spec combos), I can sympathies with feeling like you clicked the wrong button when rolling your character - they should never really be allowed to get that big.

5% is more than most set bonuses. It's ridiculous to give people that kind of damage on top of berserking.

Quote Originally Posted by Aphorism View Post
    I hope Blizzard nerfs Troll's beast racial or changes typing.

Being punished for not spending $25 is ridiculous.
    Good example of complain for the sake of complaining...So if someone topped your dps, you will cry for a nerf for other class? Just saying...

You're naive if you think these things aren't intentional. Like clockwork, new content releases and a different race gains a small advantage (or loses their advantage) right at a time when the most people are playing and eager to experience the "new".

At $25 a pop, Blizzard would be stupid not to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Prag View Post
    You're naive if you think these things aren't intentional. Like clockwork, new content releases and a different race gains a small advantage (or loses their advantage) right at a time when the most people are playing and eager to experience the "new".

At $25 a pop, Blizzard would be stupid not to do it.
    While I agree that I think Blizz does some of these things intentional, like giving Pandaren good racials for a majority of (Alliance) classes, people need to understand that 5% Damage on a boss is not a small advantage in the slightest, it's a huge one that gives more gain then some set bonuses etc.

Chimaeron is the only boss I can remember in recent history that (could be forgetting something, Shannox/Bethilac?) had the beast tag, and trolls dominated that fight on WoL.

To be frank, unless you are competing for world firsts the racial will not matter in the slightest. The fights will be completely doable with no Trolls in your raid and race change will not be 'required' for HC progression.

I can honestly say that if Troll's finally, FINALLY have a moment in the history of WoW where people aren't laughing at their bad racials, and they get nerfed because of it.. I'm hereby amassing a boycott to get the Human and Blood Elf racials nerfed to the ground. Because, hey, aren't blanket silences and less CC something Blizzard wants to do away with?

Quote Originally Posted by Woobels View Post
    While I agree that I think Blizz does some of these things intentional, like giving Pandaren good racials for a majority of (Alliance) classes, people need to understand that 5% Damage on a boss is not a small advantage in the slightest, it's a huge one that gives more gain then some set bonuses etc.

Chimaeron is the only boss I can remember in recent history that (could be forgetting something, Shannox/Bethilac?) had the beast tag, and trolls dominated that fight on WoL.
    Of course it's going to feel important to many raiders - both hardcore and wannabe hardcore. They're the ones that would spend the money. Remember the mass exodus from Undead when they linked WotF with PvP trinket?

Blizzard is smart. They know most people will spend it because, even having never topped a WoL parse or had a world first wipe because of a racial they didn't have, will be pulling out the credit cards.

Instead of being the tinfoil hat guy that I'm sure my post makes me out to be, I'm just going to applaud them. I've spent over $1800 in 6 years on Battle.net services. They know what they're doing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by spiattalo View Post
    And you wonder why like 9 out of 10 top guilds in the world are horde.

Or maybe the people in those guilds happen to be very good players and know their class inside and out? lol

Quote Originally Posted by Mikehuntz View Post
    Or maybe the people in those guilds happen to be very good players and know their class inside and out? lol
    Nope. No way. It's because they're Orcs and Trolls.