Thread: RIP fistweavers

Page 1 of 3
LastLast

RIP fistweavers

From the front page.

Eminence When the Monk deals non-autoattack damage, he will heal the lowest health nearby target within 20 yards equal to 50% 25% of the damage done. 100 yd range. Instant.

Eminence (Statue) When the Monk deals non-autoattack damage, the summoned Jade Serpent Statue will heal the lowest health nearby target within 20 yards equal to 50% 25% of the damage done. 100 yd range. Instant.
    Last edited by Courierrawr; 2013-01-23 at 07:43 PM.

Deleted
    RIP? Are you looking at the same patch notes I am? This looks like a hueg DPS buff for us.

Muscle Memory (New) When you successfully Jab or damage at least 3 enemies with Spinning Crane Kick, you gain Muscle Memory, increasing the damage of your next Tiger Palm or Blackout Kick by 200%. Monk - Mistweaver Spec.

read whole post mate also

Deleted
    TP does 100% more dmg.
    When you Jab your next TP or BK does 200% moar dmg.
    BK now also damages 4 additional target for 50% dmg.

Fistweaving got buffed, not nerfed. Read all notes.

Quote Originally Posted by Dumbfoundead View Post
    RIP? Are you looking at the same patch notes I am? This looks like a hueg DPS buff for us.

Muscle Memory (New) When you successfully Jab or damage at least 3 enemies with Spinning Crane Kick, you gain Muscle Memory, increasing the damage of your next Tiger Palm or Blackout Kick by 200%. Monk - Mistweaver Spec.
    What he said. Looks like a huge dmg buff to me as well.

Looks like blizzard actually want monks fist weaving more then a rip they are dead.

Stance of the Wise Serpent Increases healing done by 20%, replaces your Energy resource with Mana, grants hit and expertise equal to 50% Spirit gained from items or effects. Increases haste from items by 50%. Your attack power is equal to 200% of your spell power, and you no longer benefit from other sources of attack power. In addition, you also gain Eminence, causing you to heal the lowest health nearby target within 20 yards for an amount equal to 50% 25% of non-autoattack damage you deal. Monk - Mistweaver Spec. Instant.

Summon Jade Serpent Statue Summons a Jade Serpent Statue at the target location. Lasts for 15 min. Only one statue can be active at a time. Eminence (Passive) When the Monk deals non-autoattack damage, the summoned Jade Serpent Statue will heal the lowest health nearby target within 20 yards equal to 50% 25% of the damage done. Serpent's Accord (Passive) When you cast Soothing Mist, the Jade Serpent Statue will also cast Soothing Mist on an injured ally within 40 yards. Monk - Mistweaver Spec. 9% of Base Mana. 40 yd range. Instant. 30 sec cooldown.

Teachings of the Monastery You become adept in the ways of the Mistweaver, amplifying three of your abilities. Blackout Kick five of your abilities. Crackling Jade Lightning Damage increased by 100%. Tiger Palm Damage increased by 100%. Blackout Kick Blackout Kick also hits 4 additional nearby targets for 50% damage When you Blackout Kick, you gain Serpent's Zeal causing you to heal nearby injured targets equal to 25% of your auto-attack damage. Stacks up to 2 times. Surging Mist When you Tiger Palm, you gain Vital Mists reducing the cast time and mana cost of your next Surging Mist by 20%. Stacks up to 5 times. Lasts 30 sec. Spinning Crane Kick While channeling Spinning Crane Kick, you also heal nearby injured allies for 2,809 every 0.75 sec for 2.2 sec. Healing yourself does not count for Chi generation. Monk - Mistweaver Spec.

Looks like a little buff for fistweavers imo, since we always will jab for chi so we always will have the buff from it

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah those notes do cause a WTF reaction at first until you read further. This is actually very good news, now if only MW got the 25% pvp power damage boost that hybrids got for healing.

Quote Originally Posted by Trisrx View Post
    Yeah those notes do cause a WTF reaction at first until you read further. This is actually very good news, now if only MW got the 25% pvp power damage boost that hybrids got for healing.
    Yea that would only be fair imo

Deleted
    selective reading at its finest!

This thread needs to be closed and deleted. No reason to spread someone else's selective reading into the minds of passerby.

This will not fix fistweaving. It won't "kill" what's left of it, but it isn't going to fix a thing.

15+ Year Old Account
    Interesting, I am not sure how this will effect me in pvp though. I guess when ever I SCK to spin a flag(literally:O) I can just blackout kick then hit them....but what worries me is blackout kick only hits things in melee range(really small) so it would not hit all the target so it would end up being a nerf....
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

10+ Year Old Account
    Damage move healing has been reduced by half, while healing from TP/BOK has be anywhere from doubled to quadrupled. Jab will heal for half, while TP/Blackout Kick will heal for double. CJL has had damaged doubled. This will make it to where, for damage, we CJL, for chi-building, we Jab, and all fistweaving healing will come from Chi abilities.
    Last edited by Raugnaut; 2013-01-23 at 08:40 PM. Reason: Mistake in reading
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    Passive auto-attack healing has been reduced, healing done through chi spenders has been increased greatly.
    I would not say auto-attack is entirely passive anyways because you have to BCK
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Deleted
    Passive auto-attack healing has been reduced by half (Was it really all that much?), while healing from TP/BOK has be anywhere from doubled to quadrupled.
    Serpent's Zeal hasn't been touched, special attacks have been buffed.

Passive auto-attack healing has been reduced, healing done through chi spenders has been increased greatly.
    why?? serpents zeal is still the same, our auto-attack is still the same, why is that being reduced?
    what is changing, is that we'll be using jab+TP for singletarget fistweaving in any case, and jab+jab+BoK for multitarget fights. and now we'll actually be doing some DPS while fistweaving! yeah!
    and hell, if Muscle Memory stays as is, at 200% more dmg, thats a huge fuckin buff for the healing and the dps! the 50% eminance nerf + 100% more TP damage cancels out, but on top of that 200% more dmg=heal? thats gonna be huge!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lebowski View Post
    This will not fix fistweaving. It won't "kill" what's left of it, but it isn't going to fix a thing.
    Could you tell me what would? This A) greatly increases Fistweaving damage, by either Tiger's Palm hitting for 4x the amount now (Double damage with the 100x damage buff from passive, double THAT from the Muscle Memory), or Blackout cleaving for 50% of original damage, AND also benefiting from twice damage (Thus, not only will it do 2x damage as what it used to do, if it cleaves, it does up to 8x damage it used to do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Deleted
    You are the prime example of people that read one nerf in the patch notes, start complaining on the forums about it, and forget to read about the huge buffs further down the post. Good job
    Last edited by mmoc9bca5565b2; 2013-01-23 at 08:44 PM.