How to set up a Weakaura for Killing Blow in PvP!

Hey all,

I wanted to add a fun visual/vocal aura for when you land a killing blow in PvP. I see the trigger options to show the aura in a Battleground, as well as the Trigger options: Event>Combat Log>Unit Died>Target. However, I'm guessing this would simply load the aura when a target died by any means, as opposed as to when you land a Killing Blow.

I know there are a few addons which do this same thing, so is there a Combat log event or whatnot which shows when you land a Killing Blow?

Any help would be appreciated!

You want to listen for the PARTY_KILL combat log event. When the sourceGUID parameter is equal to UnitGUID("player") you killed something.

Okay, so for the trigger to apply correctly I'd set:

Event>Combat Log>Party Kill>Source Unit:Player

Correct?

Do I need to set the destination unit to: Target, or does it matter?

Deleted
    Depends - do you only want it when you kill your current target, or when you kill anyone (dots getting kills etc.)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Treeston View Post
    Depends - do you only want it when you kill your current target, or when you kill anyone (dots getting kills etc.)
    Ressurecting this thread because I am trying to do the same thing. I have:

And it does works, but for everything (non players included). If I select "Destination unit: Target" it will work for my target, but what if I deselect that target it does not work.

Quote Originally Posted by Veej View Post
    Ressurecting this thread because I am trying to do the same thing. I have:

And it does works, but for everything (non players included). If I select "Destination unit: Target" it will work for my target, but what if I deselect that target it does not work.
    I can't get this to work at all with those selected options. Just, nothing happens. I've tried all sorts of different load parameters and what have you, but I get nothing.

I just want text that says "Killing Blow" for like 3 seconds when I get one. I'm a Warrior, so its always going to be my target since I don't really have DoTs, so that's not a problem.

Can you post your string of what you have working and hopefully I can go from there. Thanks.